Brewer Fanatic

Sheets to DL; Balfour, Parra up; Spurling bereavement leave

shelmark

i believe that parra will start then maybe? But i can't wait to hear all of the ESPN and Baseball Tonight guys tell us that the brewers are done and won't win the division anymore. The depth that we have will allow us to win even without our ace.

So when Spurling comes back (which I'm assuming will be before Sheets) who gets sent back down? Parra or Balfour?

Also, darn. We do not need injuries ever, but especially now with the Cubs being hot. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

If Sheets is fine after the 15 day DL (which is probably a fair guess), I think the Brewers are fine. If he's out for an extended period, this really hurts the Brewers.

All these little injuries are adding up.

15 days puts Sheets comeback right after the double-header. So I count 3 starts until then. If Gallardo starts all three, that only leaves him with about 8 more starts in Aug/Sept/Oct. Parra has as many innings as Gallardo right now, and is probably under a tigher limit, so he's probably in the pen.

Does Villaneuva get the call if they are really worried about watching Parra and Gallardo's innings?

One of the effects of this is that we have a thinning list of possible replacements for Cappy if he continues to struggle. Maybe this Oxspring fellow would get a shot. At least we don't have to watch his innings, and sometimes these older guys can come up and be effective for awhile until they get figured out. That might help when we go against the same teams over and over again in the Central.

Archived