Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Mon. 7/22 -- Good night for slugging LF prospects

Wow, the Rattlers have re-defined the term "bad loss" several times as of late.

... and then some, my goodness.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I have to be up at 4:30, I can get the game story and blog post on the flip side when I get up.

Final: Dayton (Reds) 10, Wisconsin 9

Wisconsin Boxscore

Victor Roache is on some kind of tear, 6 of his 13 HRs have come in his last 10 games.

Austin Ross sat around 91 with his FB most of the game, but he's struggling since his return.

Michael Reed went 2-5 and Michael Garza put up a 3-5 effort. Parker Berberet and Chris McFarland added doubles.

Wisconsin Recap

The awful 4th and 8th innings which allowed the Dragons to get back into the game and then eventually win.

Dayton Bottom of the 4th

• Tanner Rahier lines out to pitcher Austin Ross.
    Daniel Pigott singles on a soft fly ball to left fielder Victor Roache.
    Joe Hudson reaches on a fielding error by third baseman Alfredo Rodriguez. Daniel Pigott to 2nd.
    Adam Matthews singles on a line drive to right fielder Michael Reed. Daniel Pigott to 3rd. Joe Hudson to 2nd.
    Beau Amaral doubles (11) on a fly ball to center fielder Tyrone Taylor. Daniel Pigott scores. Joe Hudson scores. Adam Matthews to 3rd.
    Pitching Change: Michael Strong replaces Austin Ross.
    Sammy Diaz pops out to first baseman Mike Garza.
    Jesse Winker walks.
    Seth Mejias-Brean walks. Adam Matthews scores. Beau Amaral to 3rd. Jesse Winker to 2nd.
    Jeff Gelalich strikes out swinging.

Dayton Bottom of the 8th

• Joe Hudson walks.
    Adam Matthews singles on a soft fly ball to center fielder Tyrone Taylor. Joe Hudson to 2nd.
    Beau Amaral hits a sacrifice bunt. Missed catch error by first baseman Mike Garza, assist to pitcher Michael Strong. Joe Hudson to 3rd. Adam Matthews to 2nd. Beau Amaral to 1st.
    Sammy Diaz hit by pitch. Joe Hudson scores. Adam Matthews to 3rd. Beau Amaral to 2nd.
    Jesse Winker singles on a soft ground ball to pitcher Michael Strong. Adam Matthews scores. Beau Amaral to 3rd. Sammy Diaz to 2nd.
    Pitching Change: Jonathan Armold replaces Michael Strong.
    Seth Mejias-Brean strikes out swinging.
    Jeff Gelalich out on a sacrifice fly to right fielder Michael Reed. Beau Amaral scores. Sammy Diaz to 3rd.
    With Tanner Rahier batting, wild pitch by Jonathan Armold, Sammy Diaz scores. Jesse Winker to 2nd.
    Tanner Rahier singles on a line drive to center fielder Tyrone Taylor. Jesse Winker out at home on the throw, center fielder Tyrone Taylor to catcher Parker Berberet.

I've mentioned my internal struggle with Garza a couple of times, he's a guy I really want to like but his mistakes always seem to hurt so badly. If he doesn't get thrown out trying to stretch a single Winkler's diving catch (a great play) doesn't end the game.

Wisconsin Top of the 9th

• Pitching Change: Wandy Peralta replaces Joel Bender.
    Max Walla strikes out swinging, catcher Joe Hudson to first baseman Daniel Pigott.
    Wandy Peralta intentionally walks Victor Roache.
    Mike Garza singles on a line drive to right fielder Adam Matthews. Victor Roache to 3rd. Mike Garza out at 2nd, right fielder Adam Matthews to shortstop Tanner Rahier.
    Parker Berberet lines out to left fielder Jesse Winker.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Final, Game One: AZL Giants 11, @AZL Brewers 2

AZL Brewers Box Score

Not the final score one expects in a seven-inning game when you're up 2-0 after four frames.

20-year-old Venezuelan RHP Jorge Ortega was roughed up, just one outing after a six-inning relief effort in which he allowed only one earned run.

Leadoff CF Brandon Diaz was the only Brewer to reach base more than once (single, walk).

AZL Brewers Game Log

Final: Helena 8, @Odgen 3

Helena box score

Starter Zach Quintana allowed a three-spot in the 1st inning, but both he and the team rallied from that point on to a decent start and a win, respectively. Quintana went five innings, and Tyler Linehan and Hobbs Johnson slammed the door with four shutout innings and a cumulative 6/0 K/BB to finish the game.

Dionis Hinojosa led the offense with three hits, and Dustin Houle cracked his first homer of the year. Omar Garcia had another nice game with two hits and two steals. Garcia in 9 June games: .188/.333/.219, 2/2 SB/CS; Garcia in 13 July games: .404/.456/.423, 11/2 SB/CS. Nathan Orf was on base three more times. Even Jose Pena got a hit!

Helena play-by-play

Khris Davis HR Propels Sounds Past 'Topes In Series Opener

Nashville Earns Fourth Win In Last Five Games

Nashville Sounds

http://i.imgur.com/i9cPiJe.jpg

Khris Davis (Mike Strasinger / Nashville Sounds)

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Khris Davis' three-run, seventh-inning homer propelled the Nashville Sounds to a come-from-behind 6-5 victory over the Albuquerque Isotopes on Monday evening at Greer Stadium in the opener of a four-game series.

The victory was the fourth in the last five games for Nashville (37-66). Sounds batters rapped out 12 hits on the night but also struck out 15 times.

Albuquerque took a 1-0 lead in the second inning when Chili Buss singled, stole second, and scored on a one-out Justin Sellers double to left off Chris Narveson.

The Sounds rallied into the lead against rehabbing Dodgers hurler Stephen Fife in the home half of the third. After Narveson drew a four-pitch walk to open the frame, the hurler moved to third on a Josh Prince single before scoring the tying run on Scooter Gennett's rocket RBI single to right that glanced off the top of first baseman Rusty Ryal's mitt. Nashville took a 2-1 lead when Prince scampered home on a Fife wild pitch.

Khris Davis (2-for-4) extended the Nashville lead to 3-1 in the fifth when his two-out single to right brought home Gennett (3-for-5), who had singled earlier in the frame.

Following the second-inning Sellers double, Narveson settled down and retired the next 14 Isotopes batters in succession through the sixth frame.

The Zephyrs brought an end to Narveson's streak by loading the bases with no outs on a double followed by a pair of walks to chase the left-hander. Johnnie Lowe inherited the jam and induced a soft popup from Sellers for the first out before back-to-back bloop RBI singles knotted the game at 3-3.

Following a popout, Travis Webb took over on the hill and walked in the go-ahead run, which was charged to Narveson, as Albuquerque reclaimed the lead at 4-3.

Narveson, who was so dominant over the first six frames, was left with a no-decision after being touched for four runs on three hits while walking two batters and striking out seven.

The Sounds jumped back in front in the home half of the seventh when Khris Davis smacked his 13th home run of the year, a three-run shot to left off Matt Palmer. Gennett and Robinzon Diaz, who extended his longest hitting streak of the year to eight games with a 2-for-4 evening, preceded the slugger with singles before scoring on the go-ahead jack.

The visitors pulled back within a run at 6-5 in the eighth when Alex Castellanos belted a leadoff homer to left off Tim Dillard, the outfielder's 15th big fly of the year.

Rob Wooten recorded the final four outs for the Sounds to lock down the win and earn his 20th save of the year. Albuquerque put the potential tying run into scoring position in the ninth with a two-out Dee Gordon single and stolen base before the right-hander struck out Matt Angle to close out the contest.

Webb (2-4) was credited with the win for Nashville, while Palmer (5-4) absorbed the loss for the visitors after serving up the go-ahead homer.

The teams continue the series with another 7:05 p.m. matchup on Tuesday. Right-hander R.J. Seidel (2-4, 5.52) will make the start for the Sounds and face Albuquerque left-hander Jonathan Sanchez (2-1, 6.93).

Nashville Box

Nashville PbP

Nashville Gameday

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I have to be up at 4:30, I can get the game story and blog post on the flip side when I get up.

Wisconsin Top of the 9th

• Pitching Change: Wandy Peralta replaces Joel Bender.
    Max Walla strikes out swinging, catcher Joe Hudson to first baseman Daniel Pigott.
    Wandy Peralta intentionally walks Victor Roache.
    Mike Garza singles on a line drive to right fielder Adam Matthews. Victor Roache to 3rd. Mike Garza out at 2nd, right fielder Adam Matthews to shortstop Tanner Rahier.
    Parker Berberet lines out to left fielder Jesse Winker.

Was Roache really intentionally walked with one out and nobody on????

Was Roache really intentionally walked with one out and nobody on????

Yep he smoked the ball in every AB that he put a ball in play.

- Plato

- Plato

Roache homers twice, drives in seven, but Rattlers fall in Dayton

Dragons rally from 8-1 deficit to beat Wisconsin

By Chris Mehring / Wisconsin Timber Rattlers

DAYTON, OH - The Wisconsin Timber Rattlers had a great start. The Dayton Dragons had a better finish. Wisconsin stormed out to an 8-1 lead after the top of the second inning at Fifth Third Field on Monday night. But the Dragons rallied for a 10-9 win to spoil a great night for Victor Roache. The Rattlers left fielder hit a pair of home runs in his first two at bats and drove in seven runs to give Wisconsin the big lead, but the Rattlers bats fell silent after the big start and it cost them.

Roache put the Timber Rattlers up in the first inning. Wisconsin had two runners on and two out and Roache crushed his thirteenth home run of the season off the scoreboard to give the Rattlers a 3-1 lead.

Dayton got a run in the bottom of the first inning on an RBI grounder by Jesse Winker.

Roache came back to the plate in the top of the second inning with the bases loaded and two outs. He lined a grand slam over the wall in left-center for home run number fourteen of the year. The Rattlers were up 7-1, but they weren't done in the inning. Mike Garza singled. Then, Parker Berberet doubled off the wall to drive in Garza for an 8-1 lead.

Ross gave up a run in the bottom of the second on an RBI double by Joe Hudson and pitched a scoreless third.

But, he struggled in the fourth. Ross, who underwent Tommy John Surgery on May10, 2012, had not gone longer than three innings in any of his starts between the Arizona League and the Timber Rattlers this season. He got the first out on a liner back to the mound. The next three batters reached on a single, an error, and a single to load the bases. Beau Amaral drove in a pair of runs with a double to make the score 8-4 and knock Ross out of the game.

Rattlers reliever Mike Strong got the second out of the inning, but walked Winker to load the bases and Seth Mejias-Brean to force in a run to make it 8-5.

Mejias-Brean struck for a leadoff home run in the bottom of the seventh inning to bring Dayton to within 8-6.

Chris McFarland started the Wisconsin eighth inning with a double. That was the first hit for Wisconsin since the second inning. Orlando Arcia moved McFarland over with a sacrifice bunt. Alfredo Rodriguez got McFarland in with a sacrifice fly and the Rattlers were up 9-6.

But in the eighth the Dragons loaded the bases on a walk, a single, and an error. Strong hit Sammy Diaz to force in a run to make the score 9-7. Winker sent a dribbler in front of the plate for an infield single to drive in the run to make the score 9-8 and keep the bases loaded.

Jono Armold entered the game at this point and struck out Mejias-Brean for the first out. Jeff Gelalich got the tying run home and moved Diaz to third with the go ahead run on a sacrifice fly to right field. Armold threw a wild pitch with Tanner Rahier at the plate and Diaz scored the go ahead run as Winker took second base. Then, Rahier singled to center. But, Tyrone Taylor threw Winker out at the plate to keep the Rattlers down 10-9.

In the top of the ninth, Wandy Peralta got the first out before facing Roache. Peralta missed with his first three pitches and the Dragons decided to intentionally walk Roache. Garza lined the next pitch to right-center and Roache cruised for third. However, Garza tried to stretch the hit into a double and was thrown out at second base for the second out of the inning.

That brought Berberet to the plate and Peralta got ahead of the Wisconsin catcher with two quick strikes. Berberet sent a sinking line drive to left-center, but Winker, who won Sunday's game with a walkoff home run in the bottom of the ninth inning, charged in and made a diving, game-saving catch for the final out.

The Timber Rattlers are off on Tuesday. They return to action with a home game on Wednesday night against the Clinton LumberKings at 7:05pm. Preston Gainey (3-5, 7.01) is the scheduled starting pitcher for the Timber Rattlers. Rigoberto Garcia (0-1, 6.75) is scheduled to start for Clinton.

Fox Communities Credit Union will be giving away envelopes filled with cash to fans as they enter the stadium on Wednesday. There will be different denominations of bills inside the envelopes. Then, you can check to see if your windfall is equal to that of WWE Hall of Famer Ted DiBiase. The Million Dollar Man will be available to meet fans for autographs, handshakes, and pictures during the game.

Wednesday is always a Bang for Your Buck Night with WIXX and that means $1 Cher-Make hot dogs, $1 Pepsi Products, and $1 Miller Beers!

If you can't make it out to the ballpark, My NEW32's Sports Showdown will have the television broadcast starting with their pregame show at 6:30pm. The radio broadcast is available on AM1280, WNAM or IHeartRadio starting with the Miller Lite Pregame Show at 6:45pm. Wednesday's game is also available to subscribers of MiLB.TV.

HOME RUNS:

WIS:

Victor Roache (13th, 2 on in 1st inning off Sal Romano, 2 out)

Victor Roache (14th, GRAND SLAM in 2nd inning off Sal Romano, 2 out)

DAY:

Seth Mejias-Brean (6th, 0 on in 7th inning off Mike Strong, 0 out)

WP: Joel Bender (4-2)

LP: Mike Strong (1-3)

SAVE: Wandy Peralta (1)

TIME: 2:53

ATTN: 7,968

- Plato

- Plato

Video at the link, previously linked in Mehring's blog post.

Roache drives in seven for Rattlers

Brewers' No. 6 prospect cranks grand slam, three-run homer

By Jake Seiner / MiLB.com

http://www.milb.com/assets/images/4/7/8/54422478/cuts/480_Roache_Paul_R_Gierhart_MiLB_jjr1py1v_8f1xiovz.jpg

Victor Roache has a .750 OPS in 70 games for Wisconsin. (Paul R. Gierhart/MiLB.com)

After going nearly 14 months between baseball games, Milwaukee's 2012 first-round pick Victor Roache anticipated it would take a while for his timing to return. But he wasn't thinking it'd take 50 games.

"It's been a long process," the 21-year-old said. "I never thought it would take this long to get my timing back, but it has."

Around the Midwest League All-Star break, the Brewers' No. 6 prospect rediscovered his power stroke, and he's been lighting up the league's pitchers since. Monday night, the outfielder drove that point home by belting a pair of home runs and collecting seven RBIs -- all in the first two innings -- of Class A Wisconsin's 10-9 loss to Dayton.

Roache became the third Timber Rattler to collect seven RBIs in a game, matching Kris Gundrum (May 28, 2000 at Dayton) and Carlos Peguero (June 15, 2007 at Cedar Rapids). The outfielder finished 2-for-3 with two walks, including an intentional pass in the top of the ninth.

Both of Roache's homers came off Dayton starter Sal Romano, and both were no-doubters off the bat. The first came with two on and two out in the first inning. Roache connected with a fastball and mashed it over the 381-foot sign in Fifth Third Field's left-center wall. The blast banked off the scoreboard that hangs over a concession area beyond the fence -- Timber Rattlers hitting coach Dusty Rhodes described it as a "mammoth blow."

Roache's next shot came on an off-speed offering from Romano. The right-handed hitter sat back and smacked a line drive toward a similar spot in left-center field. The ball whizzed just by the scoreboard, bouncing toward the fence separating the ballpark from its parking lot.

"He's a guy that has the kind of power that few guys have," Rhodes said. "You knew it was a matter of time."

Roache's struggled through much of the season's first half. The outfielder boasts tremendous raw power -- he led the NCAA in home runs as a Georgia Southern sophomore in 2011, slugging 30 round-trippers and setting himself up as a prime Draft candidate for 2012.

The outfielder's junior campaign was quashed before it could even begin, though, as he suffered a broken wrist in February and missed the entire college season. Despite the missed time, Milwaukee plucked Roache with the 28th overall pick last summer.

They held him out of game action until this spring, and despite homering in his first pro at-bat, the outfielder struggled in his initial go at professional baseball. The 21-year-old hit .209 with a .644 OPS in the first half of the season, collecting six homers and six doubles in 50 games. During that time, Roache said he had trouble seeing the ball well for more than a few at-bats in a row, and he rarely was able to replicate the approach that led to his success in college.

Since the All-Star break, he's felt like a different hitter and the results have reflected that. Thirty games into the second half, Roache has slugged eight homers with a .298 average and .908 OPS. Seven of those homers have come in July, when he's hitting .321 with a 1.037 OPS in 20 games.

The difference for Roache has been pitch recognition, and those improvements have been driven by two factors.

"I think part of it is repetition," he said. "I'm finally getting at-bats, and I'm feeling more confident in the box. I have an understanding of how the pitchers are pitching to me.

"I've also been tweaking my swing, keeping my front shoulder in and trying to land my front foot flat and square so I'm not spinning out with my front side. That's allowed me to see the ball better and make more consistent swings."

Roache worked with Rhodes extensively in his effort to snap out of the funk. The pair noticed around the All-Star break that Roache was bouncing on his left toe as he started his swing, rather than laying it down flat. Correcting that, in conjunction with some tweaks to his hand positioning, has helped him see pitches better and deliver the barrel to the ball more efficiently, Rhodes said.

"We knew it would take a while to get that thing going," the hitting coach said of Roache's power. "We talked to him about it being a marathon and not a sprint."

Rhodes raved about the way Roache handled his shaky first half. Roache said he was often frustrated by his first-half performances, but regular talks with his father, Victor Roache Sr., as well as friends and teammates helped him stick to the grind.

The outfielder is routinely arriving early to the ballpark, Rhodes said, and the extra hours he spent in the batting cage despite his struggles are paying dividends for the 6-foot-1, 225-pound outfielder.

"He's a quiet guy, but he has a great work ethic," Rhodes said. "Sometimes it's just me and him, and he works on things. We talk about things, like how guys are trying to pitch to him. Over a period of time in this league, he's made more adjustments and better adjustments and it's finally starting to pay off for him."

- Plato

- Plato

Sounds' Davis stays hot at the plate

Brewers' No. 13 prospect has eight RBIs in past two games

By Brandon Simes / MiLB.com

http://www.milb.com/assets/images/0/3/4/54426034/cuts/davis_wh8yuaox_oh2usebt.jpg

Khris Davis has hits in 11 of 12 games for the Sounds. (Mike Strasinger/Nashville Sounds)

Sounds slugger Khris Davis has put up some impressive numbers in his career, but he's never been this hot.

The Brewers' No. 13 prospect homered and drove in four runs for the second consecutive game in the Triple-A Sounds' 6-5 win over the Isotopes on Monday night at Herschel Greer Stadium.

"I was going up with a good approach, keeping it nice and easy," Davis said. "Less is more with me. My hitting coach [bob] Skube and I were talking about that as a game plan."

Davis has launched four homers in his last nine games and 13 on the season -- second on the team to Milwaukee's No. 3 prospect Hunter Morris, who has 19.

"[Home runs] come in bunches. You just try to go out there and hope for a good pitch and hope he makes a mistake and I don't miss it," Davis said.

The left fielder has never before driven in eight runs in two games, and he has hits in 11 of his last 12 games, during which he's 16-for-44 (.364).

"If there is a secret, I'd just say it's positive thinking: 'I'm going to go up and get the job done' rather than 'I can,'" said the native of Lakewood, Calif.

In 2012 Davis dominated, posting a 1.055 OPS in 260 at-bats across three stops in the Minors. But after spending the start of the season with the Brewers, the 2009 seventh-round pick got off to a slow start with Nashville, hitting .111 through his first nine Triple-A games.

"It was more the mental side, I don't think anything was wrong with my swing," Davis said. "Just coming down from the big leagues was an adjustment as far as confidence and getting back into the swing of things. I had a different role up there and down here."

The 25-year-old has made two visits to Milwaukee this season, serving primarily as a pinch-hitter and posting a .557 OPS in 15 at-bats. Although left fielder Ryan Braun has been suspended for the season, opening up a spot in the Brewers outfield rotation, Davis wants to remain focused on the here and now.

"I can only control what I can control and that's just go to the park and get better," he said. "I don't focus on what's going on as far as the moves, I just try to do me -- what I can do."

The Nashville lineup showed what it can do Monday. Even with hitless nights from Morris and Brewers' No. 18 prospect Kentrail Davis, the Sounds smacked 12 hits, including seven from the top three batters in the order -- Josh Prince, the club's No. 5 prospect Scooter Gennett and Robinzon Diaz.

"We were talking about this as a team during stretching," Khris Davis said. "Your teammates -- you just feed off their energy, how they get up for each other and pick each other up. You just feed off each other and don't want to let your teammates down.

"Hitting is contagious. It's cliche, but once they get going, it's like the other hitters feed off that."

Travis Webb (2-4) pitched a scoreless third of an inning to earn the win and Rob Wooten allowed a hit in 1 1/3 shutout frames to pick up his 20th save, tied for third in the Pacific Coast League behind New Orleans' Chris Hatcher's 27.

- Plato

- Plato

As MH noted earlier our own Jason Rogers, Reds' LF Juan Duran and 1B Seth Mejias-Brean are the divisional winners.

Offensive Players of the Week

For the week ending July 21

- Plato

- Plato

Jesse Winker of the Reds whom terrorized the T-Rats over the last 2 games gets a mention.

Prospect Notebook: D.J. Davis Trending Up

- Plato

- Plato

Community Moderator

Final: Fort Myers 10, Brevard County 3

Brevard downed 10-3 by Miracle

By Andy Towne / Brevard County Manatees

http://www.milb.com/assets/images/7/7/0/54421770/cuts/Ramirez_7.22_dpdhvouc_hefaqnjs.jpg

Manatees first baseman Nick Ramirez slides into home safely for the first run for Brevard County in their 10-3 loss to the Fort Myers Miracle on Monday night at Space Coast Stadium in Viera. (Dennis Greenblatt/Hawk-Eye Sports Photography)

AUDIO: Game Highlights

VIERA, Fla. - The Brevard County Manatees dropped their third straight game and their sixth defeat in the last seven games as they suffered their worst home loss since the home opener back on April 5, in a 10-3 defeat at the hands of the Fort Myers Miracle on Monday night at Space Coast Stadium.

Brevard County (14-14 second half, 51-44 overall) was held to three runs on five hits, including a solo home run from Mitch Haniger in the sixth inning. At the time, that shot brought the Manatees back within 3-2, but it was downhill from there.

Miracle (15-14, first baseman D.J. Hicks went 3-for-4 with three RBI and a career high four runs scored as Fort Myers put up its highest offensive output since they scored 11 runs on July 3 at Bradenton.

Seven of the Fort Myers' ten runs came in the final three frames, as the Miracle took advantage of six walks and seven hits given up by the trio of Stephen Peterson, Dan Meadows and Alex Moore out of the Brevard County bullpen.

Peterson had come on and retired each of the two men he faced in relief of Manatees starting pitcher Jacob Barnes (6-4, 3.44 ERA) in the sixth inning, leaving the bases loaded.

Barnes was lifted after 5.1 innings of work, as he allowed three runs on eight hits and a pair of walks, while taking the loss. He did set a new season-high with seven strikeouts.

Of the 15 hits on the night for the Miracle, 14 were singles. Hicks' home run in the second inning was the team's only extra-base hit. Fort Myers also left 14 men on base.

Fort Myers starting pitcher Tyler Duffey (3-3, 3.88) earned the win after starting the game with four perfect innings before giving up a leadoff walk to Nick Ramirez and then back-to-back one out singles to Cody Hawn and Greg Hopkins, that allowed Ramirez to score the first run for the 'Tees in the fifth inning.

Duffey still finished with a quality start as he held Brevard to three runs on five hits and one walk in seven innings. The right-hander posted a career-high ten strikeouts.

Other than Hopkins driving in Ramirez and Haniger's homer, Cameron Garfield added a third run for the 'Tees in the seventh inning after a leadoff double. T.J. Mittelstaedt came up with the RBI as he knocked a two-out single to right to plate Mittelstaedt.

Brevard County will try and keep their hopes of a series split alive in game three of their four-game set with Fort Myers on Tuesday night. Cody Scarpetta (0-4, 6.00) will throw the first pitch, set for 6:35 p.m., while his counterpart from Fort Myers is scheduled to be reigning Florida State League Pitcher of the Week Taylor Rogers (8-3, 2.61).

Brevard County Box Score

Brevard County Play-by-Play

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Final, Game 2: @AZL Giants 4, AZL Brewers 1

AZL Brewers Box Score

Game was in Maryvale, but Brewers were "road" team in this makeup game. The Giants are now 21-4, wow.

Devin Williams struck out the side in his lone inning. That's the positive spin on a three-run frame:

AZL Giants Bottom of the 4th

Pitching Change: Devin Williams replaces Clint Terry.

Cristian Paulino singles on a ground ball to left fielder Yonki Hernandez.

With Ben Leslie batting, Cristian Paulino steals (3) 2nd base.

With Ben Leslie batting, wild pitch by Devin Williams, Cristian Paulino to 3rd.

Ben Leslie called out on strikes.

Will Callaway singles on a ground ball to left fielder Yonki Hernandez. Cristian Paulino scores.

Rando Moreno walks. Will Callaway to 2nd.

Christian Arroyo doubles (5) on a line drive to left fielder Yonki Hernandez. Will Callaway scores. Rando Moreno scores.

Ryder Jones strikes out swinging.

Craig Massoni strikes out swinging, catcher Jack Cleary to first baseman David Denson.

Pulled after the one inning?

AZL Brewers Game Log

LHP Clint Terry and RHP Alex Lavandero sandwiched Williams and combined to allow just one run over five innings with eight K's (but five walks).

Scan your box score for offensive notes, only one walk drawn, 11 K's in just seven innings, and 0-for-4 with RISP. Tough double-dip.

Archived