Brewer Fanatic

Getting a Juan Francisco foul ball signed by him

502 to Right

Two weeks ago my 9 nine year old son got a foul ball hit by Juan Francisco (it was given to him a by guy two rows behind us--and much appreciated).

My son would love to get the ball signed by Juan. We went to the game this last Friday early with ball in hand (vs. the Marlins) but did not see any Brewers signing autos before the game.

Does anyone know if I sent the ball to Juan at Miller Park with a postage paid return envelope if he'd sign and return it? I don't know when else we will get to a game at Miller Park in August because my son has to go to California to visit his mother (he lives here full time--visits there in the summer for a month).

On the one hand, I can't believe that Juan gets too much fan mail and it's not like someone could turn around and sell the ball for $100 or more like perhaps Jean Segura or Ryan Braun. On the other hand, I think the Brewers players would get deluged with stuff from sports card shops if they all did this.

Anyone have any suggestions?

BTW - if you ever need to be reminded what a great game baseball is, go to game with a 9 year old who gets a foul ball and feels like he was handed a bar of gold. And then carries the ball with him everywhere for the next two weeks.

Yeah, if you don't have a prior written commitment that he'll sign the ball then I wouldn't send it. For something like that, you pretty much have to get the autograph in person. I'd look for a public signing.

Either that or try getting it signed if you go to any away games. A lot of times, you can get autographs at the team hotel or as the players are entering the stadium, if not during batting practice itself. Players generally will sign more on the road, since there are fewer Brewers fans there.

Archived