Brewer Fanatic

2013-07-20 Marlins (Eovaldi) at Brewers (Gallardo), 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-0]

hawing

D'oh, I don't know if pretendastronaut didn't realize this was an earlier start or what. Better late than later?

The Miami Marlins (wearing 1956 Miami Marlin throwback unis)

SS Adeiny Hechavarria

3B Ed Lucas

RF Giancarlo Stanton

1B Logan Morrison

CF Marcell Ozuna

2B Derek Dietrich

LF Justin Ruggiano

C Jeff Mathis

P Nathan Eovaldi

Your Milwaukee Brewers (sporting the black and white Bears throwbacks)

RF Norichika Aoki

SS Jean Segura

LF Ryan Braun

C Jonathan Lucroy

CF Carlos Gomez

1B Juan Francisco

2B Rickie Weeks

3B Jeff Bianchi

P Yovani Gallardo

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

For those not watching live, Giancarlo Stanton helped a Lucroy drive over the picnic area wall for a 3rd inning home run. Hilarity ensued.

I'm sure one of you handy internetters will get a GIF up once it's available.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Big inning, 3 across. Rickie with a bomb!

And Luc with a double to drive in Aoki, now needs a triple for the cycle.

Over his last ten games, Luc is batting .389 with 2 doubles, 6 home runs and 11 RBI. His average is climbing, up to .284 now. Woo hoo!

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Just saw the bullpen era. Man if you had told me that the Brewers bullpen would have the best era in baseball I would have thought that this team was a World Series contender. I was going into this season expecting the pitching staff to be solid, the bullpen to be at least average, and the lineup to kick some butt. Who would have thought the bullpen would be the strength of the team, but the Brewers would have a bad record. Baseball is weird sometimes.

Rock just mentioned how Tyler Thornberg hasn't pitched since July 5th. I just checked and Thornberg's only allowed 2 runs in 13 innings including for a 1.35 era.

My question is, why isn't Thornberg getting a chance to start over Donovan Hand?

(edited: realized his last two outings were long relief, not starts. Still wondering why Hand)

RR is inept. Why bat Yuni when you have Y O U N G guys you can give experience to

It is sad to watch screw up after screw up with no thought of the future. Little things (which define a good manager) are lost on RR

I need to withdraw my criticism. RR is obviously shopping guys from the pen here in the nineth. So it becomes apparant YB was being showcased for some scout in attendance.

Sorry to question you Ron

It's finally happened:

BPp3nOvCUAA6gbS.jpg:large

I seen this on my FB thread. It's a throwback uni, so I wondered if the team was spelled that way back in the day?

Otherwise, really? pretty solid workers we have making these unis? Can't find good help these days

I bet Wily Peralta feels he has to hold the fish to a run in order to have a chance to win.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Today's lineup:

1. Aoki

2. Schafer

3. Segura

4. Francisco

5. Weeks

6. Maldonado

7. Gindl

8. Bianchi

9 Peralta

You've got to be kidding me.

Ya, Braun needs a day off. Heaven forbid he play three games in a row. Lucroy can't play. He's only got six home runs in his last nine games. Gomez, though slumping, doesn't need to play. He only leads our team with fifteen home runs.

What a joke of a lineup. Way to go, Ron.

Archived