Brewer Fanatic

Predict the First Brewers Trade

Hmm...this is a little tougher now. I think if Detroit and Boston failed for K-Rod you have to think they would offer less for Axford and Henderson. If another RP is to be dealt to one of those I would have to imagine it would have to be part of a package...I'll go with my earlier deal only modified

Axford + Aoki to Boston for Middlebrooks + SP prospect on July 28

Axford, Gonzalez and Aoki to Detroit on 7/25.

I can't think of a recent mid-season trade between two teams that involved two players going to one team, let alone three.

Last year:

Marlins trade Anibal Sanchez and Omar Infante and 2013 competitive balance pick round A to Tigers for a trio of prospects. (Jacob Turner, Brian Flynn, and Rob Brantly.) The Marlins also received the Tigers competitive balance round B pick.

http://m.espn.go.com/mlb/story?storyId=8193121&src=desktop

Axford, Gonzalez and Aoki to Detroit on 7/25.

I can't think of a recent mid-season trade between two teams that involved two players going to one team, let alone three.

Last year:

Marlins trade Anibal Sanchez and Omar Infante and 2013 competitive balance pick round A to Tigers for a trio of prospects. (Jacob Turner, Brian Flynn, and Rob Brantly.) The Marlins also received the Tigers competitive balance round B pick.

http://m.espn.go.com/mlb/story?storyId=8193121&src=desktop

Yeah and didn't Houston make like a 7 player deal last year? maybe more? But just saying, it happens.

Krod to the O's

DING DING DING, We have a winner!

:)

You realize that was posted after the announcement was made, right?

DING DING DING, we have ANOTHER winner!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Community Moderator
Mike Gonzalez to the Braves for Mauricio Cabrera on 7/27 @ 6:23 PM

I think we're going to need you to be more specific. Otherwise, disqualified!

Agreed... I mean you didn't even specify if that was Eastern or Central Standard Time?

I agree with the next move being a pitcher getting traded to the Braves. Lets say Tom Gorzelanny to Braves on Monday (7/29) at 2:32 PM CST

Not just “at Night” anymore.

EDIT

Mike Gonzalez to the Braves for Mauricio Cabrera on 7/27 @ 6:23 PM EST

I would also love this trade (not calling day or time since I am confident in my first prediction)....

Gonzalez and Lohse

for

Maurico Cabrera, Cody Martin, and one of Weber, Ross, or Miller from Lynchburg.

Au contraire re: "opting." That sounds like quite a cynical opinion rooted in either mistrust or dislike of Melvin. Based on his track record and stated positions, I'd say it looks like we didn't get offered anything remotely worth considering.

Personally, I was hoping for an Axford trade -- not so much for immediate salary relief, but to get an asset now rather than face the non-tender dilemma in November/December. But Axford's recent performance was obviously suspect enough to ensure sufficient disinterest on the part of other GMs. Hopefully August will yield a better opportunity to move him.

In the spirit of this thread...

Axford to Detroit on August 21st.

Looks like we are opting for the "band-aid" approach once again next year.

Based on a collection of mediocre players being mediocre, sub-mediocre, awful or hurt, DM's hands were tied. Unless stories come out that good deals were on the table and turned down. Then DM's job needs to be ended.

Archived