Brewer Fanatic

You Tube: An error occurred, please try again later

homer
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I cannot watch You Tube on my Mac Book. I keep getting the error in the thread subject. Not sure when exactly this started but it sort of sucks since I use tutorials on You Tube quite a bit. I've deleted the cache, cookies, history etc. Same issue on multiple browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari). I'm at a loss. All the online "resolutions" don't resolve anything for me. Anybody else have this problem? I'm guessing it might be an Adobe Flash compatibility issue with my current OSX version (10.8.4) but I am just guessing about that.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Well I uninstalled Flash and reinstalled it. No dice. I can't even get Chrome to work with You Tube and they are both Google products.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Have you tried deleting your cookies? I know this sounds a little stupid but it does work from time to time when flash is not the problem (which it is normally the problem).

Yep.

The strange thing is that it won't work on any browser - Safari, Firefox, or Chrome.

I'm considering going back to a previous version of Flash.

That would probably work. I had to do a recovery of Windows to an earlier time before the last Flash update. Now it works. This is the second time in the last couple years Flash has not worked for me.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

• 1 month later...

OK in case anyone cares I finally fixed this. It was bugging the crap out of me. Strangely enough, it took a You Tube video resolution to fix it. Here it is:

Basically, you have to change your DNS to some Google Public IP address that's available on their developer page. If anyone knows of a reason why I shouldn't do this please let me know but as of right now everything is hunky dory.

If changing your DNS corrected the problem, I wonder if you were experiencing a provider issue. If you ever have a chance to access the internet via a different provider, you might find it interesting to see how that provider's DNS works.

By the way, on a Mac, it's easy to save as many DNS settings as you need. When you have more than the standard "Automatic," a Location submenu will appear in the Apple Menu. All you need to do to switch is check the one you'd like to use.

locationmenu.png

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

If it was a provider issue wouldn't it have only happened at home? I had the same issue on any network.

Archived