Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Tue. 7/16 -- Well, This is Easy

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Tuesday's Daily Menu:

All times are Central

Nashville: Idle until Rob Wooten and the PCL All-Stars take on The International League All-Stars in Reno Wednesday night; media details Wednesday AM

Huntsville: Idle until Taylor Jungmann, Ariel Pena, Brock Kjeldgaard and Adam Weisenburger represent the Stars and the Northern Division in the Southern League All-Star Game Wednesday in Jacksonville; media details Wednesday AM

Brevard County: Idle

Wisconsin: Idle

Helena: Idle

Arizona Rookie (Maryvale): Idle

DSL Brewers: at home vs. the DSL Tigers, 9:30 AM, although game data won't be available until later in the day

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Manatees still can't snag first place even after a five-game win streak --

STANDINGS:

AAA - Pacific Coast League American Northern Division

AA - Southern League North Division

High-A - Florida State League North Division

A - Midwest League Western Division

Rookie Advanced - Pioneer League North Division

Rookie - Arizona Summer League

DSL - Dominican Summer League San Pedro de Macoris Division

NOTE: To view first half or overall standings for Huntsville, Brevard County, and Wisconsin, you'll notice options at the respective links for that. Otherwise it's second-half standings as the default view for those three leagues.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Stars issue a press release on yesterday's news --

Goforth Tosses Stars to Consecutive Pitcher of the Week Awards

By Matthew Raines / MILB.com

For the second week in a row, a Huntsville Stars starting pitcher has been named the Southern League Pitcher of the Week. David Goforth received the honor for the week of July 8th thru 14th. He was preceded by Andy Moye, who received the award for the week of July 2nd thru 8th.

Against the Tennessee Smokies on July 8th, Goforth pitched the first game of a doubleheader sweep for the Stars, tossing a complete game. He went seven innings, giving up no runs, two hits and a walk while striking out four. On July 13th, Goforth continued his winning ways, beating the Birmingham Barons. He again went seven innings, giving up no runs and two hits. He also walked two and struck out five.

Goforth is currently on a scoreless innings streak of fourteen and a third going into the all-star break. After some initial struggles following his promotion from the Brevard County Manatees on June 21st, Goforth has only allowed four runs in twenty innings in his last three starts.

On the season, Goforth is 3-1 with a 3.18 ERA in four starts for Huntsville. He was 7-5 with a 3.10 ERA in fourteen starts for Brevard County.

Goforth is the Stars second pitcher to win the Southern League Pitcher of the Week award this season. Before Moye received the award, it had been nearly two seasons since the last Stars pitcher received the award. The last pitcher to win the award from Huntsville is current Milwaukee Brewers hurler Wily Peralta, who got the nod in 2011 (July 25th- August 1st).

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Hey crew, I'll be away on vacation Wed. - Sun.

I'll have my laptop, and will be doing some catchup in the evenings, but not to the extent you may be used to ;).

I plan on staging Link Report Menus tonight and may or may not be able to edit them with updated starting pitchers and such (rotations are really in flux and pending right now given the All-Star breaks).

Regardless, the Reports will hardly be bare-boned given the efforts of all our daily Linkers, so thanks in advance to them. You'll still get all your details and nuggets, and we invite everyone, staff or not, to post transaction news, feature articles, or other updates, for the benefit of all who follow us here, thanks.

It's been really slow news wise for the division here over the last week, shut out again today.

Prospect Notebook: Trevor May Righting The Ship

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Came through yesterday and I wasn't going to post it as I didn't see it as an impactful transaction either way, but what the heck?!

Reds Acquire Parker Frazier In Minor Trade With Rockies

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Final: DSL Tigers 7, DSL Brewers 2

DSL Brewers Box Score

Despite knocking out nine hits, the Brewers were never really in this one as the Tigers got to starter Yosmer Leal for six early runs. Four of the runs off Leal were earned, as he allowed four hits and again struggled with his control, walking five. He's now walked 22 batters in 15 innings this season. He also had a pair of wild pitches and hit a batter. Joshua Torres pitched 4.1 innings in relief, giving up just one run and striking out six. Boanerges Nova worked the final two scoreless innings.

Catcher Natanael Mejia was 2-for-4 with a double, which was the Brewers only extra base hit of the game. Right fielder Yunior Santana, who was named to the DSL All-Star team also went 2-for-4. Leudi Otano, who also made the All-Star squad was 1-for-4 with the team's lone RBI. Juan Ortiz reached base twice with a single and a walk. Jorge Quiterio, Juan De Leon and Gregory Munoz had the other Brewers base hits.

DSL Brewers Play-By-Play

Leal didn't get much help from his defense in an ugly second inning

DSL TIGERS inning 2

- Valdez, I. reached on a fielding error by 1b.

- Pena, Y. lined out to cf.

- Acevedo, S. walked; Valdez, I. advanced to second.

- Acevedo, S. advanced to second on a wild pitch; Valdez, I. advanced to third.

- Tejeda, B. struck out swinging, out at first c to 1b.

- Hidalgo, G. reached on a fielding error by 3b; Acevedo, S. advanced to third; Valdez, I. scored, unearned.

- Leyba, D. hit by pitch; Hidalgo, G. advanced to second.

- Adames, W. walked, RBI; Leyba, D. advanced to second; Hidalgo, G. advanced to third; Acevedo, S. scored, unearned.

- Joseph, M grounded out to 3b.

Archived