Brewer Fanatic

2013-07-14 Brewers (Peralta) at D-backs (Kennedy), 3:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-1]

TooLiveBrew

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]July 14 | 3:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (37-56) | D-backs (50-44)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/diamondbacks.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://i.imgur.com/OQPgKFO.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/gbNqFE5.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]Wily Peralta

6-9, 4.82 ERA, 1.50 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]With his mom in the stands for the first time in his professional career, Peralta pitched a three-hit shutout against the Reds on Tuesday for the Brewers' first complete game in two and a half years. He threw 113 pitches. [and that pitch #113 was a 96 mph fastball! -- TLB ]

-- MLB.com[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]Ian Kennedy

3-5, 5.31 ERA, 1.38 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Reds | Game Log[/h3][h3]Kennedy once again struggled in his last start, a 6-1 loss to the Dodgers. He was able to get ahead of hitters, but struggled to put them away. Command has been a big issue for Kennedy this year.

-- MLB.com[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. RF 青木 宣親
  2. LF Logan Schafer
  3. SS Jean Segura
  4. CF Carlos Gómez
  5. 1B Juan Francisco
  6. C Martín Maldonado
  7. 3B Yuniesky Betancourt
  8. 2B Jeff Bianchi
  9. P Wily Peralta

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Adam Eaton
  2. RF Gerardo Parra
  3. 1B Paul Goldschmidt
  4. 2B Aaron Hill
  5. LF Jason Kubel
  6. 3B Martín Prado
  7. C Miguel Montero
  8. SS Didi Gregorius
  9. P Ian Kennedy

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

This game preview story can be accessed via the "MLB Gameday" link in the OP -- scroll to the bottom of the Gameday page to find the link to the preview. The story includes a highlight video of Peralta's shutout against Cincy.

D-backs, Brewers entering break at opposite ends

Arizona aims for season sweep in final meeting with Milwaukee

By Chad Thornburg / MLB.com | 7/14/2013 2:47 AM ET

No matter what happens Sunday against the Brewers, the D-backs will enter the All-Star break atop the National League West.

"Nobody really picked us and the fact that we're in first place with all the obstacles we've overcome, it's exciting," said third baseman Eric Chavez. "I think we've somewhat overachieved. We've done better than maybe people expected."

The D-backs are sitting six games above .500 entering Sunday, despite an MLB-leading 19 blown saves this season.

"Hopefully it's something that won't come back to bite us," Chavez said. "Those games are tough. If you go into the last week of the season and you're only up one or two games, it wouldn't be much of a race if we had won those."

Arizona will send Ian Kennedy to the mound Sunday, and the D-backs' Opening Day starter will be looking to put his first-half struggles behind him. Kennedy stumbled in his last start, picking up his fifth loss as he gave up five earned runs on nine hits and three walks in 5 2/3 innings.

The Brewers will counter with right-hander Wily Peralta, who is coming off a three-hit shutout of the Reds on Tuesday with his mother observing from the stands for the first time in his professional career.

The 2-0 victory was also Peralta's first complete game.

"I've been thinking about it all my career, like, 'When am I going to throw a complete game?'" Peralta said after the start. "The shutout was a blessing for me."

In contrast to the D-backs' first-place status, the Brewers will enter the break in the cellar of the NL Central as one of only five Major League teams yet to reach the 40-win mark.

D-backs: Parra's status unknown for Sunday

Outfielder Gerardo Parra sat out a for second consecutive day and the fourth time this month on Saturday night.

Parra had two days off earlier this month after crashing into the outfield wall while trying to make a running catch against the Mets on July 1. Parra is batting just .154 this month after hitting .305 in April and .311 in May.

"It'll be good for him, because of the way he plays," manager Kirk Gibson said of the time off. "The one against the Mets, it's like he got in a car accident. He sacrificed himself. He's just beat up so I made that decision. If you look at the numbers, you might figure it out."

Brewers: Segura still going strong

All-Star shortstop Jean Segura played in his 91st game Saturday, having missed just two the entire season.

Segura had played only 45 big league games prior to 2013, but the 23-year-old said he isn't feeling fatigued.

Segura's last day off was July 2, and he won't get much time off this week, as he will travel to New York for Tuesday's All-Star Game.

"I won't be able to take much of a break, but it's a fun game and it's going to be a good experience," Segura said.

Worth noting

• The D-backs enter Sunday's series finale with a chance for a sweep of the season series in their final meeting with the Brewers this year.

Brewers starter Marco Estrada (on the disabled list since June 5 with hamstring and back issues) was scheduled to throw a bullpen session off flat ground Saturday, but it was pushed to Sunday.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

willy has been pitching well as of late. stuff like that keeps you optimistic about a mysterious brewers future.

True, but that is only one guy, what about the other 4 spiots in the rotation?

;)

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

willy has been pitching well as of late. stuff like that keeps you optimistic about a mysterious brewers future.

True, but that is only one guy, what about the other 4 spiots in the rotation?

;)

lol damn i'm sad again. i feel like eeyore when it comes to the brewers starting rotation. everything is just so uncertain and gloomy

Archived