Brewer Fanatic

Who is to blame for the atrocious 2013 season?

adambr2
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have crappy management. We have crappy owners. We have crappy players. We have crappy minor leaguers. We have crappy drafters. We have crappy evaluators. We have crappy coaches. We have a crappy manager.

I wonder what the end result will be?

We have crappy management. We have crappy owners. We have crappy players. We have crappy minor leaguers. We have crappy drafters. We have crappy evaluators. We have crappy coaches. We have a crappy manager.

I wonder what the end result will be?

Explains it perfectly. Crappy Management. Who in turn hires the Crappy Coaches. Also the crappy player development, scouting, draft board and so on.

So clearly the man to blame is Melvin.

I look back at the Melvin interview a month ago likely, where he puts it out there they will be sellers and search for young talent 2-3 years away from joining the team. Kind of an attempt to find another Jean Segura in trade. He gave credit to the Scouting for finding Segura(though he was the Angels #1 Prospect at the time, blocked by Howard Kendrick and Erick Aybar until 2016) as if they knew he was going to be special. Yet, as just mentioned, a prospect blocked that was likely offered up in trade who also happened to fill a Huge Brewer Hole in the organization seems more likely luck to me happened.

I feel like the comment is about how successful his hires are at doing their job, as a way of protecting his own job. Because it took just a month for him to change his search from 2-3years from now prospects to finding guys that will perform in 2014.

Who's on the hott seat? Finding players to win next season to me is telling that Melvin is. And his way to keep his job is to win ASAP over build a winning model for the near term and long term.

So let's assume Melvin succeeds in building a near winning team in 2014. He keeps his job through 2014 likely in to 2015 and then 2016 when it's again clear the team isn't run up to par he's finally let go 2017. Rather than being fired end of 2013 as he should be.

Archived