Brewer Fanatic

2013-07-08 Reds (Bailey) at Brewers (Lohse), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-3; game saving catch by Gomez to end it]

TooLiveBrew
This is why I really hate prospects. I suppose we have regulars who make baserunning mistakes, but at least they are committed one way or the other.

Are you watching the game? Sedar stopped him.

I realized that, and changed my comment. I hate players who pay attention to Sedar. Why in the hell would you tell a player to stop when a ball is cut off?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is why I really hate prospects. I suppose we have regulars who make baserunning mistakes, but at least they are committed one way or the other.

Are you watching the game? Sedar stopped him.

I realized that, and changed my comment. I hate players who pay attention to Sedar. Why in the hell would you tell a player to stop when a ball is cut off?

A young player who doesn't follow a coaches order may not see much of the field.

Why the hell did Sedar give LS the stop sign?

I think the answer to that is pretty obvious... The Vegas line was 7.5 runs! :) I'm sure that would sound better if I knew anything about gambling!

Somehow, I really doubt a team short on players is going to bench Schaeffer for not listening to dumbass Sedar. Nobody else does. Sedar had no business even being that far down the line.

Just because no one else does, that doesn't mean a young guy who has to show he can listen and work hard shouldn't. Also, I'm certain anyone running there would have stopped the second they look up and see the coaches hands up. The fact you are trying to put down Logan for that play is absurd.

Somehow, I really doubt a team short on players is going to bench Schaeffer for not listening to dumbass Sedar. Nobody else does. Sedar had no business even being that far down the line.

Just because no one else does, that doesn't mean a young guy who has to show he can listen and work hard shouldn't. Also, I'm certain anyone running there would have stopped the second they look up and see the coaches hands up. The fact you are trying to put down Logan for that play is absurd.

Most players know that there is a point of no return, and Logan clearly was past it, and probably should have known it. I'm not putting down Shaeffer too much, but I'm certainly not giving him a pass for a play like that with 2 outs either, especially when he was almost picked off at 3rd earlier.

Most players know that there is a point of no return, and Logan clearly was past it, and probably should have known it. I'm not putting down Shaeffer too much, but I'm certainly not praising him for a play like that with 2 outs either, especially when he was almost picked off at 3rd earlier.

I'll give you the play at third as he MAY have missed the sign, but the rundown had nothing to do with him knowing or not knowing how far to run. Sedar was way to far down the line and he as a coach should have known not to throw up a stop sign.

Most players know that there is a point of no return, and Logan clearly was past it, and probably should have known it. I'm not putting down Shaeffer too much, but I'm certainly not praising him for a play like that with 2 outs either, especially when he was almost picked off at 3rd earlier.

He's only on third, in scoring position, because of a successful steal, and he only didn't score because he listened to his coach. Hard to jump on him in my opinion.

You may run like Mays...

Votto's reaction was just priceless........

I genuinely felt bad for Votto for as much as I was celebrating & laughing. Without humidity & Carlos freaking Gomez, that's basically your ballgame. That was a HR off the bat. His reaction was priceless.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I can't believe how hard I laughed at Votto crying about Gomez not showing the ball! That was hilarious, like he would pretend to catch it and not actually have it? Just awesome, the only way that would of been better is if Gomez ran all the way up to Votto and tossed him the ball.

Or, if it was Yadier Molina he robbed.

Ok so I found out how I made this catch even better, here are some Red Fans reaction to Gomez' catch...

that BS act after that catch by Gomez deserves some inside music next game

And I officially hate Gomez for the remainder of his career. Who celebrates like that outside of the NBA?

Normally I'd advocate sending Gomez a high and tight message tomorrow.

But I wouldn't give that last place cockroach the satisfaction. He made a great play and showboated...ignore it and win the next 2.

If the Reds have a problem with Gomez's behavior, they can take care of it on the field, and hit him.

And my personal fav...

I have no problem with him and the Brewers celebrating their butts off. That's not what was bush league.

Gomez pretended the ball went over the wall, gave the Home Run signal, then dropped his head, hiding the ball from everyone for quite awhile.

That is why Votto was so upset and why so many posters were so upset.

That whole mime job was the most bush league act I have ever seen a baseball player pull in a regular season game. Much worse than the Chapman somersaults, since it impacted and delayed the final call of the game.

Truly embarrassing for Gomez. If I were his manager, I'd suspend him.

Archived