Brewer Fanatic

2013-07-04 Brewers (Hand) at Nationals (Jordan), 10:05 AM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-5]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]July 04 | 10:05 A.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (34-49) | Nationals (42-42)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/nationals.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/brewers/hand-02.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/nationals/jordan-01.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]0-1, 2.63 ERA, 1.04 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Nationals | Game Log[/h3][h3]Hand is Exhibit A for the benefits of filling the strike zone. Because he has thrown 86 of 116 pitches for strikes in his two spot starts, he has been able to deliver 9 2/3 effective innings, allowing only two earned runs.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]0-1, 2.08 ERA, 1.62 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]In his MLB debut, Jordan, the 17th-ranked prospect in Washington's system by MLB.com, lasted 4 1/3 innings, allowed three runs (one earned) on five hits and struck out one batter against the Mets.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. RF 青木 宣親
  2. SS Jean Segura
  3. CF Carlos Gomez
  4. C Jonathan Lucroy
  5. 3B Juan Francisco
  6. 1B Sean Halton
  7. LF Logan Schafer
  8. 2B Jeff Bianchi
  9. P Donovan Hand

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Denard Span
  2. SS Ian Desmond
  3. LF Bryce Harper
  4. 3B Ryan Zimmerman
  5. 1B Adam LaRoche
  6. RF Jayson Werth
  7. 2B Anthony Rendon
  8. C Kurt Suzuki
  9. P Taylor Jordan

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That Neil Diamond song was pretty terrible. He should've just sang "America".

It sounded like it could be from the Team America soundtrack.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Sean Halton, you're a bloody idiot.

I have been tuning in and out of the game doing 4th related stuff this AM. What did he do?

There was a double steal and Lucroy had the runner dead to rights at 2nd base. Got him in a rundown, but instead of making the final throw to get him out, Halton threw to 3rd because the runner had rounded the bag (likely on purpose to draw a throw). All runners were safe.

Sean Halton, you're a bloody idiot.

I have been tuning in and out of the game doing 4th related stuff this AM. What did he do?

There was a double steal and Lucroy had the runner dead to rights at 2nd base. Got him in a rundown, but instead of making the final throw to get him out, Halton threw to 3rd because the runner had rounded the bag (likely on purpose to draw a throw). All runners were safe.

It was ridiculous because Halton was feet from tagging Harper but threw across the diamond where the runner was back before the camera even made it over there. It wasn't even close. You had a runner dead, and he's worried about a guy across the diamond who was zero threat of advancing from third to home.

Failing to get the easy out needlessly extended the inning and both of those runners ended up scoring.

I guess I don't know why I care. Now I see Juan Francisco (after getting thrown out rounding first in the top of the inning) boot an easy sac bunt attempt ... all safe, bases loaded, nobody out. Then a single to drive in two, still nobody out. Then a double-switch to insert Yuni at third and move Francisco to first. Depressing. Time to go out and enjoy Independence Day, I guess...

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

I was wondering why he pulled Gorzo who had pitched well and gave up only a weakly-hit single but nobody seemed to complain at the time. I was OK with A-Ram and Luc coming up as the tying run in the 9th.

Archived