Brewer Fanatic

2013-07-02 Brewers (Peralta) at Nationals (Strasburg), 6:05 PM CDT [Featuring the "We Haven't Quit" Lineup; Brewers win, 4-0]

My friends Bob and Lori made the trip from Des Moines to DC for the 4th and their first visit to Nationals Park. The game wasn't a lot of fun yesterday and today wasn't that promising on paper so I am particularly glad for them (and nice for my brother and nephew too).

I didn't watch past the third inning and didn't see Peralta's injury, but FWIW the guys on the Nat's broadcast noticed something was up with Peralta in like the first or second inning. Kept saying it looked like he was "mad at the mound" and the like.
3TO Apostle

What the heck happened on Francisco's shot? I could have sworn it was crushed off the bat. While watching the replay it looked like it took a complete nose dive at the warning track and came down like it was a fly ball. Must have had some serious top spin on it.

What the heck happened on Francisco's shot? I could have sworn it was crushed off the bat. While watching the replay it looked like it took a complete nose dive at the warning track and came down like it was a fly ball. Must have had some serious top spin on it.

That's how Francisco hits them. I watched his home run against the Cubs last week and it 3/4 the way to the fence it looked like it would be gone by a mile, then it just died and barely cleared the fence.

Archived