Brewer Fanatic

Daron Sutton's return to Milwaukee

You know it's going to be Craig Counsell.

"Look at him on the bench just aching for a chance to have ANOTHER game winning hit. You know the Brewers have improved when they have a superstar like Counsell on the bench at their disposal."

-Fake Sutton Quote

razor hit it. It's Counsell. Not only is he the type that'll appeal to Daron, he's also going to be an appealing choice to D'back fans.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Quote:
Not only is he the type that'll appeal to Daron, he's also going to be an appealing choice to D'back fans.

If that was his philosophy, then where was all the Irrational Ray King Love in recent years? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

I wasn't going to say anything for fear of rousing the ire of the Sutton devotees, and I understand they are legion, but consider this:

I get the MLB cable package, since I'm out-of-state, and heard the away feed for our early-season series versus Arizona.* Sutton was lampooning Milwaukee and the Midwest and regurgitated the "Rust Belt" epithet in the process. The action on the field and the converstion in the booth did not call for his commentary, I remember remarking at the time. Instead, it had a mean-spirited, amateurish feel.

In the interest of full disclosure, I've always considered Sutton clownish and immature as an announcer, so take my sour assessment with an outsize grain of salt.

That said, I have nothing but scorn for those like Sutton who have fun at Milwaukee's expense, the city or the ballclub. I'm sure he will two-facedly proclaim his love for Brewtown while he's here.

*I recognize my error, which I correct below.

The irony is that Daron said previously that he came to Milwaukee because it was his dad's favorite place to play and that he enjoyed the years he spend growing up here.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Quote:
I get the MLB cable package, since I'm out-of-state, and heard the away feed for our early-season series versus Arizona.

I'm calling shennanigans on this. We haven't played AZ yet this year.

Whoops. You are absolutely correct about the Brewers not having played AZ. However I, do flip through a lot of the games (love to listen to Scully, for instance, and shudder at the elder Sutton in DC). That said, I swear on the eyes of my brothers that I remember listening to Sutton dissing MKE.

Too bad I can't hear him during D-Backs games, because I don't get the package deals. He probably is like the same as he was when he commentated with us. Hopefully he gets to announce a play for the Brewers in this series.

Archived