Brewer Fanatic

Car Insurance

NeedMoreFans
My wife and I are shopping for new car insurance. We just received our bill, and decided to look for a less expensive company. I have quotes from a lot of different companies, and some of them seem too good to be true. For instance, Geico is nearly $700 cheaper per year than what we currently pay. It's tempting, but I don't know anyone who has had to deal with a claim with them (same with some of the other cheaper companies like Progressive). In the past, I have had American Family and currently have Liberty Mutual, and I think we only had one claim with each company, and they were handled very well. What I don't know about these other companies is what scares me. If I go with a less expensive company, will they be a pain to deal with if we have to file a claim or get into an accident? What is everyone's experience?

I have never actually had Geiko but did have to deal with them a few years ago because they were the company for the driver that hit my car. Long story short, they were better to work with than I expected especially since they were not my actual carrier. The biggest difference in going with a company like Geiko or Progressive is that you don't have a constant one agent to contact if you need something. I prefer to work with the same agent whenever I need anything and actually still work with an agent out of Milwaukee even though I live in Stevens point.

I'm sure you've checked into it but make sure you check into all available discounts before signing up somewhere and make sure you are allowed to make changes whenever you want. I actually have State Farm because they were the cheapest for our two cars, home and umbrella policy combined.

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Archived