Brewer Fanatic

Hart to have season ending surgery

I would be really surprised if Corey Hart didn't sign a one year deal with Milwaukee. I don't think they'll be willing to go with Morris or Halton at first. Plus it's really the only chance they get something for Hart. I can't believe (actually I can) how badly the Brewers screwed up the Hart situation. He should have been traded years ago. Maybe this will finally open their eyes about relying on older players and hanging onto players for way too long (Hart, Weeks, McGehee, Axford, etc)

That is one expensive injury, probably cost him 25-30 million dollars and who knows how many bad tattoos.

As much as I like Corey and don't think he really ever got his due credit for being one of the 25 or so best hitters in MLB from 2010-12 (21st in total batting runs, 27th in wRC+ over that time) I hope it is another team that gives him that prove yoursefl healthy one year deal for 2014.

I was pretty much expecting this, and calling for a 1 year deal. Possibly a second year vesting option based on PA.
Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Career threatening? How likely is he to bounce back from this? He has the knees of a 90 year old gypsy.

I believe Lance Berkman came back from the same type of injuries I think at least.

Could we pool together to send a nice note over to Baltimore and ask nicely for Travis Ishikawa. It's not asking for much, but he's at least a bit better than replacement level so about 45 wins better than our current 1B crew.

hart screwed up by not getting ther surgery done in october. not only did he cost himself money but he screwed the brewers out of getting a trade for him.

I just want to be clear on this, he hurt his knee during off season workouts in January, and he should have had preemptive surgery in October to fix the problem that wasn't there. Right?

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Here's my friend of a friend of a friend who knows somebody's girlfriend who's girlfriend knows Corey's wife's sister story, but........I was told a couple nights ago Corey has been frustrated by the way the Brewers downplayed his original injury. Apparently he was worried all along he might be out for the year and was dismayed by the team's insistence he'd be back by mid May. If that's true, shame on GM and ownership for their temporary solutions at 1B.

Doug Melvin has been the best GM they've had in the last 30 years, but how he responds to the travails this season is a true test of his ability. It may be time to clean house.

This afternoon, the Brewers announced that Corey Hart will miss the entire season. Tonight in Nashville, Hunter Morris played 11/3 of the Sounds' doubleheader.

I think the Brewers are going to call him up. Morris was off Wednesday, played one game on Thursday, & under normal circumstances I think would've played both games of this doubleheader.

Tonight, in total, he went 2-5 with one double, triple, & RBI. In his last 10 games he's posted a .983 OPS, and he's also on a pace to draw the most walks he's ever had in one season. If we're giving a guy like Francisco a shot, why not Morris? The club have more invested in Morris, and they control his rights through 2019 no matter how much MLB service time he gets this season.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

The Brewers just need to consider whether (i) getting another 350 PA's this season in AAA or (ii) getting another 350 PA's this season in MLB will make Hunter Morris a better player from 2014-2019. If they think he needs to develop in AAA I don't see the need to bring him up and have him struggle, but if they think he can gain just as much from 350 PA's in the bigs, then they should obviously bring him up.

The scenario I don't want to see is them promoting him to MLB and then giving him only 3-4 starts per week.

I think you'll see Halton start a few games at 1B before you see Morris called up. there is no reason to bring up Halton and then Morris just to have Halton ride the bench... some of the hacks he had at last nights game in his only at bat had some carry on them

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

The insanity of our management is even confusing the intelligent posters here. The question... if you are trying to develop Morris for 2014 onwards, is it better to give him 350 at bats in MLB or 350 at bats in AAA.

To be honest, the management have done ok in most aspects this year. But the absolutely stupidity and non forward thinking they have put at the first base situation is stupid and non forward thinking.

I am of the opinion if Doug and Mark wave the white towel and do the right thing (trading as much as they can and playing the younger guys) the fans will appreciate and get behind a 'year and a half' of going cheaper and younger... for the hope of the 2015+

Here's my friend of a friend of a friend who knows somebody's girlfriend who's girlfriend knows Corey's wife's sister story, but........I was told a couple nights ago Corey has been frustrated by the way the Brewers downplayed his original injury. Apparently he was worried all along he might be out for the year and was dismayed by the team's insistence he'd be back by mid May. If that's true, shame on GM and ownership for their temporary solutions at 1B.

Doug Melvin has been the best GM they've had in the last 30 years, but how he responds to the travails this season is a true test of his ability. It may be time to clean house.

In Spring Training Hart was saying his rehab was going really well and he expected to be back early--in late April. Those were words out of his own mouth.

Edit - Found it. This is the from February 20th on Rotoworld:

Corey Hart (knee) told ESPN's Tim Kurkjian that he is aiming to return by April 20.

Hart was originally slated to miss four months following right knee surgery on January 25, so this would put him a month ahead of schedule. While this would certainly be a positive development for the Brewers, they will continue to assess their options in-house and outside the organization. As it stands right now, Hunter Morris is the most likely candidate to open the season at first base.

This afternoon, the Brewers announced that Corey Hart will miss the entire season. Tonight in Nashville, Hunter Morris played 11/3 of the Sounds' doubleheader.

I think the Brewers are going to call him up. Morris was off Wednesday, played one game on Thursday, & under normal circumstances I think would've played both games of this doubleheader.

Tonight, in total, he went 2-5 with one double, triple, & RBI. In his last 10 games he's posted a .983 OPS, and he's also on a pace to draw the most walks he's ever had in one season. If we're giving a guy like Francisco a shot, why not Morris? The club have more invested in Morris, and they control his rights through 2019 no matter how much MLB service time he gets this season.

Well so much for this angle.

As Mass Haas notes in yesterday's Link Report, Morris was lifted due to a freak injury.

Hunter Morris left game after being struck in upper arm by line drive while in on-deck circle.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Yeah, Hart was the one saying he would be back by early May. The Brewers were saying June.

The silver lining is that because he will miss the whole year the Brewers should be able to recover 80% of his salary through insurance, only costing the Brewers a net of $2M.

Yeah, Hart was the one saying he would be back by early May. The Brewers were saying June.

The silver lining is that because he will miss the whole year the Brewers should be able to recover 80% of his salary through insurance, only costing the Brewers a net of $2M.

Most contracts are not insured.

hart screwed up by not getting ther surgery done in october. not only did he cost himself money but he screwed the brewers out of getting a trade for him.

I just want to be clear on this, he hurt his knee during off season workouts in January, and he should have had preemptive surgery in October to fix the problem that wasn't there. Right?

Wasn't aware that this problem happened in January. For some reason I thought he had been hurt towards the end of last year.

Archived