Brewer Fanatic

2013-06-28 Brewers (Hellweg) at Pirates (Cole), 6:05 PM CDT [Hellweg's MLB Debut; Brewers score first, lose 10-3]

Pitt makes our mgr. and owner look like _rap, injuries or no injuries. Pitt is a power house and the Brewers are an aaa team. Notice how Pitts attendance is going up, and ours is going down. NICE! How about those errors?

http://i.imgur.com/RaTdtfq.gif

Pitt makes our mgr. and owner look like _rap, injuries or no injuries. Pitt is a power house and the Brewers are an aaa team. Notice how Pitts attendance is going up, and ours is going down. NICE! How about those errors?

hahaha Pittsburgh a powerhouse? Easy there! They are playing good baseball, that's about it. The Yankees, Giants, and Cardinals are powerhouses. The Pirates are a team trying to break a 20 year streak of losing seasons. They are a team that has gotten completely owned by the Brewers the past 5 years.

How did Hellweg look in the 1st? Velocity?

I definitely thought it looked like he was throwing some iteration of a cut FB, at least in the 1st. His FB in that inning was mostly between 89-91, but like I said it looked like it was breaking in towards the LH batter's box. As he got more loosened up, the FB had a more normal tailing action to it & was around 94-97. He had basically zero command of his curve/slurve tonight. I can only recall maybe one or two times that he threw that pitch & it looked like he put it where he wanted it.

I think it's worth noting that Hellweg hardly looks like he puts effort into delivering that upper 90s heater. Oh, and also that there were at least three lucky/IF hits and/or errors in the 2nd inning. He wasn't locating well, but he wasn't getting lit up, either. Combination of bad command & unlucky balls in play ultimately were his undoing tonight. Frustrating I'm sure, but nothing to suggest he won't be able to have success in his next outing.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Lol at anyone thinking the nuttings are better mlb owners than Mark A.. what a joke.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Lol at anyone thinking the nuttings are better mlb owners than Mark A.. what a joke.

Yeah, I guess people have forgotten that the Pirates have been a complete bottom barrel MLB team for the past two decades. No winning seasons since 1992...suddenly they're a "powerhouse". I get they're playing great baseball right now, but some perspective is in order.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Yeah, I guess people have forgotten that the Pirates have been a complete bottom barrel MLB team for the past two decades. No winning seasons since 1992...suddenly they're a "powerhouse". I get they're playing great baseball right now, but some perspective is in order.

not even that, look at their payroll over the last decade while the nuttings have owned the team. they only have a payroll over $60 million this year because of Burnett and Wandy, who the Yankees and Astros are paying a majority of anyways. Outside of Martin the Nuttings spent $1 mil on Liriano, $1 mil on Sanchez and....... cheapest owner in baseball, gives Loria a run for his money.

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Comparing the Brewers and Pirates is just ridiculous. The Pirates have only won 5 World Series, 9 Pennants and have had 14 playoff appearances (1 per 8.5 years) in their history. Clearly the Brewers are the better organization.....

Comparing the Brewers and Pirates is just ridiculous. The Pirates have only won 5 World Series, 9 Pennants and have had 14 playoff appearances (1 per 8.5 years) in their history. Clearly the Brewers are the better organization.....

when was the last time the pirates have had a winning season? 1992. world series? 1979. the game of baseball is much different now than it was then, the brewers and pirates are very much similar in terms of market and money, it has nothing to do with what either team has done in the past

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

also the pirates have been a baseball franchise more than twice as long as the brewers have been, and 3 of their 5 world series were before the brewers existed.

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

it has nothing to do with what either team has done in the past

yep. it's irrelevant what happened before I became a fan. it's irrelevant the Marlins have won 2 more World Series than the brewers. it's irrelevant the pirates have had a storied history with multiple championships and 2 more titles since the brewers existed. it's irrelevant the brewers franchise is a steaming pile of crap. because we're just delusional brewer fans who rationalize and distort every fact. yeah the game of baseball has changed dramatically, now we play with 9 players and the AL has the DH, back in 1979 it was completely different....

wait, where did I say that the brewers were a better franchise than the pirates? you're straight up trolling, arent you?

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

yep. it's irrelevant what happened before I became a fan. it's irrelevant the Marlins have won 2 more World Series than the brewers. it's irrelevant the pirates have had a storied history with multiple championships and 2 more titles since the brewers existed. it's irrelevant the brewers franchise is a steaming pile of crap. because we're just delusional brewer fans who rationalize and distort every fact. yeah the game of baseball has changed dramatically, now we play with 9 players and the AL has the DH, back in 1979 it was completely different....

I think those of us are saying that the Brewers in _recent_ history have been a much better franchise than the Pirates. That's an indisputable fact. How many young Pirates fans are really enriched by those multiple championships? Do they have great memories of the "We Are Family" era? Does their recent attendance at PNC Park reflect that rich heritage?

It's like how I roll my eyes whenever the Brewers honor the '82 team. I was two years old that year, so I'm not really enriched by the memory of that team.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I think those of us are saying that the Brewers in _recent_ history have been a much better franchise than the Pirates. That's an indisputable fact. How many young Pirates fans are really enriched by those multiple championships? Do they have great memories of the "We Are Family" era? Does their recent attendance at PNC Park reflect that rich heritage?

It's like how I roll my eyes whenever the Brewers honor the '82 team. I was two years old that year, so I'm not really enriched by the memory of that team.

to piggyback off this... there is an entire generation of fans who have NEVER SEEN THE PIRATES HAVE A WINNING RECORD.

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

There's no doubt that the Pirates overall are a more historic franchise than the Brewers. Before the 20 year streak, they had a rich history with 5 World Series titles. However, in recent history they have been utter garbage. The Brewers have owned the Pirates for nearly the entire decade. The Pirates have a long way to go before they can be a called a powerhouse again.

The Pirates have a long way to go before they can be a called a powerhouse again.

All of about about 2-3 years.

In addition to their big league roster they have all of this coming plus Stetson Allie. This is Jim Callis' post draft Pirates top 10. I don't buy Sanchez at 10 but there are 2-3 prospects that I would feel good about putting there. Yea I know that prospects still have to perform, but that's an awfully high ceiling bunch, much different than our top 10.

1. Jameson Taillon, rhp

$6.5 million man has better feel than Cole and his stuff isn’t far behind.

2. Gregory Polanco, of

Keeps getting better and might be a five-tool center fielder.

3. Austin Meadows, of

This year’s No. 9 pick might be a five-tool center fielder, too.

4. Josh Bell, of

Now that he’s healthy, showing why his bat earned him a $5 million bonus.

5. Tyler Glasnow, rhp

Breakout prospect has an unhittable fastball/curve combo, needs more command.

6. Reese McGuire, c

No. 14 choice in June has above-average catch, throw and bat skills.

7. Alen Hanson, ss

This feels low for an offensive shortstop with average defensive tools.

8. Nick Kingham, rhp

Like Glasnow, he’s a projection righty coming into his own this season.

9. Luis Heredia, rhp

Very polished and has two pro seasons under his belt at age 18.

10. Tony Sanchez, c

Showing signs that he just might be a big league regular.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

what stetson allie is doing in WV is incredible considering he was drafted out of HS as a 100 MPH FB pitcher

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Archived