Brewer Fanatic

2013-06-28 Brewers (Hellweg) at Pirates (Cole), 6:05 PM CDT [Hellweg's MLB Debut; Brewers score first, lose 10-3]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]June 28 | 6:05 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (32-45) | Pirates (48-30)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/pirates.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/brewers/hellweg-01.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/pirates/cole-01.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]0-0, -.-- ERA, -.-- WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Pirates | Game Log[/h3][h3]Hellweg will make his Major League debut, receiving the call after Alfredo Figaro landed on the DL. He will become the 10th Brewer to start a game this year. He was 7-4 with a 2.82 ERA in 14 starts for Triple-A Nashville.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]3-0, 3.44 ERA, 1.04 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Cole's first three starts were remarkably similar, as he has gone either 6 1/3 or 5 2/3 innings while allowing an average of six hits. Cole is aware of needing to throw more offspeed stuff to get the most out of that 100-mph fastball.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. RF 青木 宣親
  2. SS Jean Segura
  3. CF Carlos Gomez
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. C Jonathan Lucroy
  6. 1B Juan Francisco
  7. 2B Rickie Weeks
  8. LF Logan Schafer
  9. P Johnny Hellweg

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. LF Starling Marte
  2. C Russell Martin
  3. CF Andrew McCutchen
  4. 1B Garrett Jones
  5. 3B Pedro Alvarez
  6. 2B Neil Walker
  7. RF Travis Snider
  8. SS Jordy Mercer
  9. P Gerrit Cole

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

i like that hellweg threw high at mccutchen. they threw at aramis, hellweg backs up his teammate. most of the time brewer pitchers don't retaliate. the kid is showing some guts.
I'm sure RRR will take him aside and tell him that isn't the way baseball is played in Milwaukee.

How did Hellweg look in the 1st? Velocity?

he favored the fastball. switched between 4 seam and 2 seam. the 4 seam got 2 groundouts. threw the changeup just once for a ball. good velocity.

Mid 90s? Any breaking stuff?

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

i like that hellweg threw high at mccutchen. they threw at aramis, hellweg backs up his teammate. most of the time brewer pitchers don't retaliate. the kid is showing some guts.

I am 100% certain Hellweg didn't throw at McCutchen especially seeing how wild he is right now.

RRR not helping Hellweg. They should have pulled him 2 runs ago. I would hate to see his confidence get ruined the way RRR ruined Burgos

FWIW, I think it's a bit premature to say that Burgos is "ruined" after a grand total of six big league starts.

RRR not helping Hellweg. They should have pulled him 2 runs ago. I would hate to see his confidence get ruined the way RRR ruined Burgos

If Hellweg's or even Burgos's confidence would be ruined over giving up a bunch of runs in a couple of starts then they have no right to be in baseball and should just retire right now.

he favored the fastball. switched between 4 seam and 2 seam. the 4 seam got 2 groundouts. threw the changeup just once for a ball. good velocity.

most of the time the 4 seam fastball hovered around 93-94. i think twice i saw it hit 96. 28 out of his 52 pitches were 4 seamers. 13 2 seamers. 6 curveballs. 1 cutter, 3 changeups. he got jobbed once on a fastball right down the middle that was called a ball. other than that his control problems reared their ugly head. most of his 4 seamers were balls just outside of the zone. he looked nervous and was just chucking fastballs near the middle. i don't think lucroy helped either. he should have helped out the rookie and told him to change up his pitch selection

FWIW, I think it's a bit premature to say that Burgos is "ruined" after a grand total of six big league starts.

well slightly exaggerated but outings like that can linger in the mind of young pitchers.

At least you're not at this game, yowza

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

89-93 1st inning, 94-97 in the 2nd. Kind of a slurvy pitch thrown around 81. Mid 80s change that I think he only threw once.

Archived