Brewer Fanatic

The ICEMAN is back!!!

TURBO

Same guy who has been selling them in the past.

Pretty fishy though, since the same guy has bid it up in $5 increments at a time, even when no one was bidding against him. Trying to make it look like there are a ton of people bidding on it perhaps???

I went up to $275, and within minutes, he outbids me every time. I knew I wouldn't get it for the $275 anyway, just testing him, and sure enough, there he is to outbid me.

I'm out.

This has to be schill bidding at it's finest, which is what happens every time this guy lists one of these for sale.

Check it out for yourself. I don't think it hurts to post this here since I doubt anyone here will be able to win it unless you are willing to pay the price that the schiller wants you to pay. What a freaking joke this is. This seller, if it is not Kent Meyer himself, is a jerkwad.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kent-Iceman-Meyer-Milwaukee-Brewers-Beer-Vendor-Bobblehead-/261237339926

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I haven't bought off of ebay recently so I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that ebay wouldn't let you "outbid yourself". Basically if you increase your max bid, it won't show your increased max amount until someone else bids (forcing your bid up) or outbids you completely. Based on my understanding, perhaps it is more likely that the bidder increased his max bid several times within minutes of each other, either because he changed his mind on what he was willing to spend or because he wanted to see what someone else way above him was bidding. It appears from looking at the bid times that the latter is the case as his bids were often placed after the bids that were higher than his.

This is not a schill bid....I know who is bidding on it/wants a third one.....at the me of the day, if you want something valuable, you're going to have to pay for it it seems when it comes to the iceman....the guy bidding has plenty of moola to row around and is a new collector....let the games begin....

This is not a schill bid....I know who is bidding on it/wants a third one.....at the me of the day, if you want something valuable, you're going to have to pay for it it seems when it comes to the iceman....the guy bidding has plenty of moola to throw around and is a new collector....let the games begin....

Why would someone want 3 of them?

Just being greedy. If he has 3 of them, that is 2 others who want one who don't have them.

I thought the same thing, why on earth would you want 3 of them, at those prices? I can see if one fell in your lap for cheap, but paying $400 for a 3rd one is ridiculous.

The entire situation is still fishy. The same seller has sold what, 4 or 5 of them now, and each time the bidding has been suspect in some way.

I did not realize he had went anywhere in the first place. :tongue

In all seriousness, I can also vouch that this person is NOT a schill bidder ... yes, he does have two already and yes, he does have plenty of cash available.

Why does he want three? I guess only he really knows the answer to that.

I don't think there is anything "fishy" about this though. Some people view bobblehead collecting as a hobby and some view it as a business. There are other people who view it as a mixture of both.

All that really matters (for eBay auctions at least) is who has the highest bid at the end. It does not matter his motive or how many he has already. Perhaps this bidder just values this particular bobble more than other people out there. Perhaps not. If so, more power to him to go and win/hoard as many iceman bobbles as he sees fit.

Look at it this way - you know who out there has the extras. ;)

Did we really need another thread devoted to this topic though? Why couldn't we have just updated and re-used a previous thread where people are complaining about the iceman bobble and the seller? :laughing

Well, I don't know who has the extras, so this guy getting 3 of them doesn't really tell me anything.

I hear ya Brain, I just get a little bitter about this particular bobble given the shady history of this seller in the past. This one may not be schilled, but I am pretty sure that a couple of his previous ones were.

Well, he's playing it smart unloading them one at a time. I dunno how many he has left but I really wonder what this kinda value this will hold in 10 years.

Definitely not as much value as a Freeway bobble would hold. The regular run would be jacket on while the limited edition would be after the jacket came off.

Community Moderator

Freeway used to dance up and down the aisles in the County Stadium bleachers anytime they played music, sometimes removing the black leather jacket/white tshirt combo he wore to every game in the process. Between songs he would normally sit in the nearest empty seat and start talking Brewers to whoever happened to be sitting next to him. Pretty sure he did the same thing for years at Bucks/Marquette games as well.

http://wiki.muscoop.com/doku.php/freeway/start

• 4 months later...

Another load of ICEMEN have hit ebay lately. 3 of them all at once, but 3 different sellers...

Maybe someone found another case?

UGGGGHHHH!

I still refuse to pay $400 for a bobblehead. This may be the one bobble I never own. lol

Archived