Brewer Fanatic

Collection Appraisals

If you don't want to do any of the work, I would suggest going to a dealer at a card show and see what he might give you for it.

Not sure what kind of collection you're talking about, but dealers probably pay about half of what they can sell something for.

Still, I would recommend taking the top dozen or so items that you have, and doing an eBay search on similar things that have recently sold, just so have a decent idea.

Yah, what era is your collection from? If it's from the junk wax era (late 80's to 90's) you aren't really gonna get anything for em. But if you have cards from early 80's and before you could be alright. Condition is everything, and with companies like PSA out there commons aren't worth anything until they're graded, and you could spend a fortune doing something that very well won't recoup your investment.

If you have any other questions shoot me a PM, I might be able to help you out more. To put things in prospective I bought my friends collection for 50 bucks. It contained a lot of complete sets of late 80's stuff, but the only thing that sold me was that he had both 87 Topps Tiffany and Traded Tiffany sets. Singles aren't worth much (Griffey goes regularly for 25 or less raw), everything else much cheaper.

Archived