Brewer Fanatic

2013-06-27 Cubs (Garza) at Brewers (Peralta), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-2]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/cubs.png[/logo][game-info][h1]June 27 | 1:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Cubs (32-44) | Brewers (32-44)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/cubs/garza-01.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/brewers/peralta-16.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]2-1, 4.25 ERA, 1.13 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Garza has given up one run over his past 15 innings in two starts. In his previous outing against the Astros, he set season highs in innings pitched (eight) and strikeouts (eight). He has not faced the Brewers this season.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]5-8, 5.59 ERA, 1.60 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Cubs | Game Log[/h3][h3]Peralta put together his best start of the year against the Braves on Friday in Milwaukee. The right-hander held Atlanta to two hits in seven scoreless innings, improving to 5-8 on the year. It was just his second game going a full seven innings.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. 3B Luis Valbuena
  2. SS Starlin Castro
  3. RF Nate Schierholtz
  4. CF Ryan Sweeney
  5. 1B Anthony Rizzo
  6. LF Brian Bogusevic
  7. C Dioner Navarro
  8. 2B Darwin Barney
  9. P Matt Garza

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. 2B Rickie Weeks
  2. RF 青木 宣親
  3. SS Jean Segura
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. 1B Juan Francisco
  6. CF Logan Schafer
  7. C Martin Maldonado
  8. LF Caleb Gindl
  9. P Wily Peralta

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

I'm fine with moving Weeks up in the order based on the injuries and how he's hitting...but whats the rationale behind him batting 1 and Aoki batting 2? Wouldn't it make WAY more sense the other way around?

Aoki is faster, Weeks has more power...why not put the speed in front and the RBI/power guy behind him? Aoki is really a prototypical leadoff hitter, so let's move him somewhere else in the lineup.

Has Gindl always been THIS bad in the field?

Once again, this is why we lose games. We're simply not a good team, everything goes wrong and it sure seems like the players really don't even care. Looking at the last two games, we've made so many errors, executed so poorly, it's like we're TRYING to lose.

Now it's just becoming laughable. Drop a routine throw at 1b (that would have been out #4). Then give up a 3 run HR. You can't give teams, even bad ones, 5-6 outs in one inning (and that doesn't even count the easy caught stealing if Maldonado makes even an average throw to second).

Honestly, it simply appears that the team no longer cares. Yeah, we're out of it, but over half the reason remains, you can't just have players going through the motions in late June. That falls on the coaching staff for me. Heads need to roll.

They just wanted it more than the Cubs. Of course im referring to the worst record in the NL Central.

Well at least we'd move up a spot in next year's draft if that holds true...honestly, with the way we're playing, we can probably catch every team except Miami. They are beyond terrible.

haltons first AB is as a pinch hitter for Peralta

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

so the Brewers take 2 out 3 against the Braves, but drop 2 out of 3 to the Astros and Cubs?

I guess they wanted it more. :laughing This team doesn't make any sense and trades need to happen soon. Very soon.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Archived