Brewer Fanatic

Halton to Milwaukee!

Mass Haas

Yeah this move says one thing for sure. "We believe in Rickie Weeks."

I've stuck by Rickie for two straight seasons now and and I'm starting to feel vindicated again. If he pulls out of this again like last year I propose of a new rule that Weeks is allowed to have at least one month and a half of completely atrocious offense in any season from this one forward without having everyone come for his head. When he's good he's so good. You just know the moment the Brewers dump him he's going to tear it up with whoever gets him and we'll regret it for years. I know he plays bad defense, I know he strikes out a lot, but when he's on he's the type of middle of the order bat that can carry an offense. Lets see what Halton and Hellweg can do and see if this team can find a spark.

advocates for the devil

I understand Gennet going down since Weeks is playing well enough again to start virtually every day. But there has got to be someone at Nashville that can be an IF utility man. I don't really care who it is

Josh Prince. He should be able to cover SS, 2B, & CF.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Prince is the perfect utility man for this roster. The only reason you'd want to keep him in AAA and Yuni still on the roster is that you believe Prince can be an everyday player and needs at-bats. That can't possibly be the case, can it?

Yuni staying over Gennett (or anyone for that matter) is a joke. I guess his OB will have to drop to below 200 to make the FO cut him loose.

Also, I really liked the idea of Weeks being in a soft platoon, sitting maybe twice a week against guys like Garza, Wainwright, Arroyo etc. It's what got him out of this funk to begin with. So of course they go away with it.

This is the same front office that put up with Alex Gonzalez hitting about .150 for 2 months, despite having 2 other SS's on the roster.

They could still platoon Weeks with Bianchi if they really wanted to.

This is the same front office that put up with Alex Gonzalez hitting about .150 for 2 months, despite having 2 other SS's on the roster.

They could still platoon Weeks with Bianchi if they really wanted to.

Still rather have Gonzalez than Yuni. Easily.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

It continues to be the year of the 2009 draft class.

3 Prince

6 Burgos

7 Davis

14 Halton

16 Gennett

22 Fiers

I just wish I had the slightest confidence that any one of those guys had it in him to become a better than average major leaguer.

This roster is full of guys who just seem to be placeholders.

hoping for his first start to be tomorrow in pittsburgh! I was at Segura's first game last year, and going to be at Hellwegs and hopefully Halton's!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

It continues to be the year of the 2009 draft class.

3 Prince

6 Burgos

7 Davis

14 Halton

16 Gennett

22 Fiers

I just wish I had the slightest confidence that any one of those guys had it in him to become a better than average major leaguer.

This roster is full of guys who just seem to be placeholders.

Agreed. However, when you have Braun, Gomez, Segura & Lucroy as the likely core positional players for the next 3+ years, you only need to fill 1B, 2B, 3B and an OF spot eventually. If there is one thing DM is good at, it is finding hitting. I feel confident that he will be able to bring in some talent at those positions when the time comes, perhaps within the next month if Yo, Ramirez, Aoki and the bullpen are all dealt.

If nothing else, guys like Prince, Maldonado, Schafer/Gindl are a solid foundation for a diverse bench. Add in a 3B in a Ramirez & Aoki deal to the Red Sox (Middlebrooks perhaps), possibly an Olt to man 1B in a deal of Yo to the Rangers and the Brewers lineup and bench moving forward is looking younger and more diverse with Middlebrooks & Olt added to Braun, Segura, Lucroy & Gomez.

I hope he is ready and this isn't just a desperation move. I get sending Gennett down for the AB's. I hope Halton gets enough AB's to make it worthwhile. I guess since we are without Braun and Francisco's ability to play 3rd he can be used enough to make sense.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Archived