Brewer Fanatic

2013-06-26 Cubs (Feldman) at Brewers (Gallardo), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-4]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/cubs.png[/logo][game-info][h1]June 26 | 7:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Cubs (31-44) | Brewers (32-43)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/cubs/feldman-02.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/brewers/gallardo-15.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]6-6, 3.39 ERA, 1.15 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Feldman may want to check the schedule and avoid NL Central teams. In his last start, he walked four and gave up six hits over 5 1/3 innings against the Cardinals. He now has a 6.65 ERA and 0-4 record against the NL Central.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]6-6, 4.09 ERA, 1.32 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Cubs | Game Log[/h3][h3]The Brewers and Cubs played a pair of series in April, and Gallardo managed to miss both of them. He'd rather pitch; in 14 career starts against the Cubs, he is 7-2 with a 2.95 ERA and 105 strikeouts in only 88 1/3 innings[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. 3B Luis Valbuena
  2. SS Starlin Castro
  3. RF Nate Schierholtz
  4. CF Ryan Sweeney
  5. 1B Anthony Rizzo
  6. LF Brian Bogusevic
  7. C Welington Castillo
  8. 2B Darwin Barney
  9. P Scott Feldman

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. RF 青木 宣親
  2. SS Jean Segura
  3. C Jonathan Lucroy
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. 1B Juan Francisco
  6. 2B Rickie Weeks
  7. CF Logan Schafer
  8. LF Caleb Gindl
  9. P Yovani Gallardo

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there a more frustrating pitcher to watch than Gallardo? Good lord.

Constant 25+ pitch innings, nibbling around the corners like a mouse, full counts to what seems like 75% of the hitters he faces... it gets old.

3TO Apostle

Is there a more frustrating pitcher to watch than Gallardo? Good lord.

Not that I can think of. And I think you hit the nail on the head. He really nibbles too much.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

damn i checked and he's basically responsible for all 5 runs. that's very disappointing considering it's the cubs. just when you think he's starting to get into a groove he goes and stinks up the joint. good thing the brewers are playing the cubs. they still have a great chance of winning this game.

So tired of this team. Weeks with an error, than Yo makes a horrible 0-2 pitch to Rizzo and it costs us two runs.

And twice tonight, including once in the 8th inning, man on third, 1 out, and we fail to drive him in. Gives Lucroy the green light on 3-0 and he pops up. We have to be the absolute worst team in baseball at hitting a simple sac fly. It doesn't even seem to matter who is up, tonight it's Segura and Lucroy.

I'm sure we're probably not, but it just seems like we fail in that spot way more than we succeed. It's just bad baseball all around, simple fundamentals like not making errors, hitting sac flies and not throwing 0-2 pitches to the cleanup hitter right down the middle. And as I'm typing this our two infielders fight over a ball that nobody fields and a runner reaches.

Frustrated.

That HR will only make the 8th inning worse if there is no follow-up.

In other news, never remodel your bathroom. Ever.

still shaking my head over lucroy swinging 3-0. i wonder if the hitting coach is telling them to swing away or if that was lucrot's decision. nice double by weeks. hopefully they tie this up

Pathetic. At least he hit it well, couple more inches over and that's into left. 2 unearned runs and 3 fails, including the last two innings at a sac fly.

Oh and I really hate that we have a guy that can't hit a HR up here too.

Archived