Brewer Fanatic

2013-06-22 Braves (Hudson) at Brewers (Hand), 3:10 PM CDT [Hand's first MLB start; Brewers win, 2-0; save #300 for K-Rod]

Pretty amazing that the Brewers Pitching of all things hold Atlanta to b2b Shutouts!

I gotta tell ya, if I were an Atlanta fan right about now, I'd be freaking at how awful their offense can be. This is what happens when you have a team filled with guys with high K-Rates. Justin Upton's early season run was never going to last playing in the NL East parks and Turner Field.

The Upton experience was one you wondered would propel the two or I think now is dragging both. Justin getting asked what's wrong with his brother just has to where on him.

K-Rod his 300th save congrats to him. Curious why he wasn't closing the game out yesterday? KRod And Weeks and Gallardo, are all quietly putting themselves back in good graces in deemed value. :)

An old baseball coach used to tell me a RH hitter with a hard ground out to 2B is locked in...Rickie had the same thing before the hits.

I get what they're doing with limiting his plate appearances. If they are really playing for 2015-16...that's fine, I concede the point on vesting. That's the path I would pursue as a franchise as well.

However, there is no question if they want to win games now...Rickie should be in there every AB he can get.

Anybody know off the top of their head the last time the Brewers had consecutive shut-outs?

Not the top of my head, saw somewhere it was Sept 16 and 18 last year v. Mets and Pirates.

Mlb.com is all but ignoring the 300th save from K-Rod, but ESPN features it.

Archived