Brewer Fanatic

2013-06-22 Braves (Hudson) at Brewers (Hand), 3:10 PM CDT [Hand's first MLB start; Brewers win, 2-0; save #300 for K-Rod]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/braves.png[/logo][game-info][h1]June 22 | 3:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Braves (43-32) | Brewers (30-42)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/braves/hudson-01.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/brewers/hand-01.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]4-6, 4.17 ERA, 1.16 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Hudson is 1-6 with a 6.07 ERA in his eight road starts this season and is winless in his past eight starts, with a 4.47 ERA over that span. He is 3-2 at Miller Park for his career, but his last win there came on May 11, 2010.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]0-0, 3.38 ERA, 1.28 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Braves | Game Log[/h3][h3]Hand will make his first Major League start on Saturday against the Braves. The right-hander, who was called up from Triple-A Nashville on May 26, has made eight relief appearances this season in a long relief role and has a 3.38 ERA.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. LF Jordan Schafer
  2. SS Andrelton Simmons
  3. RF Jason Heyward
  4. 1B Freddie Freeman
  5. CF B.J. Upton
  6. C Brian McCann
  7. 2B Dan Uggla
  8. 3B Chris Johnson
  9. P Tim Hudson

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. RF 青木 宣親
  2. SS Jean Segura
  3. CF Carlos Gomez
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. C Jonathan Lucroy
  6. 1B Juan Francisco
  7. 2B RIckie Weeks
  8. LF Logan Schafer
  9. P Donovan Hand

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

I can look this up but I'm lazy, so I'll just assume my impression is correct that Hudson has usually given teh Brewers a really hard time. Would be nice to win a series and have a shot at a sweep.

Seems not so long ago that one of BF.net's biggest "problems" was too often seeing the Crew win the first two games of a series and then not finishing a sweep.

Someone, anyone, please explain to me why people, even those on this very board, didn't think Segura would stick at SS...

The kid is freaking amazing!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Someone, anyone, please explain to me why people, even those on this very board, didn't think Segura would stick at SS...

I absolutely agree with Turbo. This kid is unbelievable.

It looked like he was getting tired. Was losing his command at the end and with it being only 1-0 at that time RRR went to get him.....I was ok with it.

Segura seems to make at least one play a game when I just go "wow"......

Braves must be pulling there hair out that they just got shutout 2 games in a row.The first was started by a guy who has been giving up 6 runs per 9 innings and the next by a guy making his first major league start.

Why didn't"t hand finish the 5th?

The answer to that is pretty obvious. Who of us had a chance to watch him play above A ball? And when he was in A ball he was completely overshadowed by Trout, I didn't remember he was on that team until Mehring said something during a T-Rats broadcast, in fact I couldn't name another player on that team besides those 2.

At the time of the trade posters did the prudent thing and went digging for scouting reports which questioned his ability to stay at SS. That notion wasn't created by anyone on this board, simply passed along.

He's been nothing short of fantastic this year. I sincerely hope he gets locked up this off-season.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Actually, and I am not going to do the legwork it would take to dig it up, and I don't want to officially call anyone out either, but there were some pretty regular posters on this board saying he won't stick as a SS. You know how people blow smoke around here, and the things being said were as if they "knew" he couldn't stick at that position.

Just find it odd that none of those people are saying anything about it now... Not that I would expect anyone to admit it since he is nothing short of a star at that position now, offensively and defensively...

Holy cow, this is what I get for sleeping in. Back to back 2-0 shutouts. I love it! LOL. Time to watch this one on the Roku.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I've got to give Rickie some props, too. The average is up to .219, and he's really cut down on the strikeouts. Only 5 in the last 10 games. That's awesome! I'm glad to see he's getting back on track.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I've got to give Rickie some props, too. The average is up to .219, and he's really cut down on the strikeouts. Only 5 in the last 10 games. That's awesome! I'm glad to see he's getting back on track.

Agreed! I have always been a Rickie fan (even though I was hard on him earlier in the season), glad he seems to have figured some things out. I think he deserves some more playing time at this point though. Not sure that a straight platoon is the best thing for him.

Agreed! I have always been a Rickie fan (even though I was hard on him earlier in the season), glad he seems to have figured some things out. I think he deserves some more playing time at this point though. Not sure that a straight platoon is the best thing for him.

Hard on him is one way to put it. If I was Weeks I wouldn't have opened any mail sent from you, and I would have hired someone to taste my food. :)

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Yes indeed. I'll be very happy if I end up eating a crow sandwich at the end of the year because of Weeks. Hopefully he gets hot and we can get a nice pitching prospect for him.

Hard on him is one way to put it. If I was Weeks I wouldn't have opened any mail sent from you, and I would have hired someone to taste my food. :)

There were a lot of others that were a lot worse than me, in fact, I don't think I even ranked in the top 10 of Rickie haters. RRR, now that is a different story... ;)

Archived