Brewer Fanatic

2013-06-21 Braves (Teheran) at Brewers (Peralta), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 2-0]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/braves.png[/logo][game-info][h1]June 21 | 7:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Braves (43-31) | Brewers (29-42)[/h2][h3]FSWI | MLBN | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/braves/teheran-01.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/brewers/peralta-15.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]5-3, 3.36 ERA, 1.20 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Teheran commanded his four-seam fastball and escaped a pair of bases-loaded jams to turn in six scoreless innings Sunday in Atlanta. He tied a season high with three walks in his first meeting with the Mets this year.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]4-8, 6.08 ERA, 1.66 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Braves | Game Log[/h3][h3]Peralta has not fared well at Miller Park so far in his young career, going 3-5 with a 5.60 ERA in his first 11 games, including 10 starts. This season, he is 2-5 with a 7.34 ERA in eight starts at home.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. SS Andrelton Simmons
  2. RF Jason Heyward
  3. 1B Freddie Freeman
  4. LF Justin Upton
  5. C Brian McCann
  6. CF B.J. Upton
  7. 2B Dan Uggla
  8. 3B Chris Johnson
  9. P Julio Teheran

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. RF 青木 宣親
  2. SS Jean Segura
  3. CF Carlos Gomez
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. 1B Juan Francisco
  6. LF Logan Schafer
  7. C Martin Maldonado
  8. 2B Scooter Gennett
  9. P Wily Peralta

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

How enviable is the Braves starting Pitching? Only Hudson has a higher ERA than our best in Lohse!

But Atl has another #2 in Beachy waiting to come off the DL and then there's Alex Wood.

This is kinda the wonder in rather than sign Gomez to an extension, to have attempted to trade with Atl for Teheran and maybe Wood. Imagine Atl then? Us then? Atl would have kept their 1st rd pick/not have to deal with Upton. Brewers with Teheran and Wood would have been looking good right about now rather than what it is.

Now it's a matter of can Melvin/Mark A. agree to do what's best for the team by trading away Gomez for a high ransom.

Trading away Gomez at this point would be awful for the franchise long term.

Trading a guy who just signed a 3 year extension? Who would want to sign a contract with the Brewers at that point?

Would be a terrible image for the team for both signing FA's and extensions for current players.

First and second with now outs, now bases loaded with two outs. Please tell me we're going to score here.

Come on Logan!

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Unbelievable. LOL, Teheran works out of it.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Trading away Gomez at this point would be awful for the franchise long term.

Trading a guy who just signed a 3 year extension? Who would want to sign a contract with the Brewers at that point?

Would be a terrible image for the team for both signing FA's and extensions for current players.

Why would it be a terrible image? You're basing that off of Jeff Loria's countless deals like making 1 move or two like that ruins the view of the franchise. It's not like Milwaukee is a historic franchise to begin with in terms of being a winner.

Teams do 1year signings and trade-aways all the time. It's half the Cubs team this year is it not?

I would think Gomez and the rest of MLB players would see that the Brewers made the move to better their club when having Logan Schafer to replace Gomez. It'd be something else if we traded away Gomez and then stuck some waiver wire guy out there as our CF after signing an extension like Loria did.

It's business, the Brewers I'm sure would thank Gomez for his time and accomplishments here. Tell him, they had a flawed view on their Starting Pitching and for the benefit of the Franchise came to the conclusion that Carlos was the best asset to help it succeed. Tell him he should be proud to have "Earned" that distinction.

Frankly, I want to see Melvin's original anticipated lineup for the year prove their worth for a significant stint before going crazy with the trades and firings:

Hart, Weeks, Segura, Ramirez, Braun, Gomez, Aoki, Lucroy. Yes, all playing at once.

Pitchers: Lohse, Gallardo, Estrada.

If that consistent lineup fails while healthy, then you can try to fault Melvin.

Not even a new GM is going to be reckless enough to trade Gomez after signing a big contract with us.

Frankly, I want to see Melvin's original anticipated lineup for the year prove their worth for a significant stint before going crazy with the trades and firings:

Hart, Weeks, Segura, Ramirez, Braun, Gomez, Aoki, Lucroy. Yes, all playing at once.

If that consistent lineup fails while healthy, then you can try to fault Melvin.

Not even a new GM is going to be reckless enough to trade Gomez after signing a big contract with us.

so you want to wait until next year?

Wily's capable of great things if he can just stay consistent. I just wish we had a better pitching coach to help him when he's not.

Ask Kevin Towers how trading away an extension of an MVP type player with 3years control left is doing for him?

They got their potential Ace among a bunch of potential Ace pitchers. What looks to be a SS/3b of the future and some middle of the road guys at this point. The deal wasn't even the best he was offered just the one that he accepted since Upton invoked his no-trade clause on him to Seattle.

Krod in the 8th? Rrrr confuses me.

Stole the words out of my mouth. Do we dare see Axford in the 9th?

Btw, Peralta 7innings shutout ball. Nice work.

For his struggles this season, I don't want to see him moved down to AAA. He may not be the #2 we all hope he can become but if as a #4/5 on the team long term, if he can provide #2 type outings from time to time there's a place for him.

BTW, the KRod in 8th and the whole LouisEly wondering with Narveson's move. Making space for a Trade potentially with Tigers. Could they have asked for Axford to close in a game to judge who they wanted potentially?

It will be interesting to see who comes on in the 9th.

Krod in the 8th? Rrrr confuses me.

Stole the words out of my mouth. Do we dare see Axford in the 9th?

Btw, Peralta 7innings shutout ball. Nice work.

For his struggles this season, I don't want to see him moved down to AAA. He may not be the #2 we all hope he can become but if as a #4/5 on the team long term, if he can provide #2 type outings from time to time there's a place for him.

I agree. I think that it's best to just let him figure it out in the majors. If sinks he sinks, if he swims then the team has a reliable pitcher. He's shown flashes of brilliance as well as flashes of crap. That's what young pitchers do. You have to wonder if better coaching could get these guys to pitch better. Willy has the physical stuff that you can't teach.

Did anyone else see the guy take a digger going for a foul ball? If you DVR'd the game, go back to the bottom of the 7th with Aoki at bat. On the 3-1 pitch, he fouls one off to the stands on the third base side. All of a sudden you see this guy running down from the concession stand area trying to get the ball, even though he has no chance. He starts cutting through a row and just wipes out... with whatever he just bought going everywhere. The funniest part was a lady laughing hysterically at him after he got up. I've watched it probably 20 times and keep cracking up!

Did anyone else see the guy take a digger going for a foul ball? If you DVR'd the game, go back to the bottom of the 7th with Aoki at bat. On the 3-1 pitch, he fouls one off to the stands on the third base side. All of a sudden you see this guy running down from the concession stand area trying to get the ball, even though he has no chance. He starts cutting through a row and just wipes out... with whatever he just bought going everywhere. The funniest part was a lady laughing hysterically at him after he got up. I've watched it probably 20 times and keep cracking up!

I missed it. Can anyone post a video?

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Wily got a lot of the breaks tonight he doesn't normally get which lead to big innings. His defense definitely helped him out. He still needs to trust his stuff more, but tonight is a good example of what he's capable of against a potent offense.

Teheran on the other hand threw 74 strikes out of 99 pitches. That is ridiculous strike zone pounding. He gave up 8 hits, but I was still impressed.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived