Brewer Fanatic

2013-06-20 Brewers (Gallardo) at Astros (Harrell), 1:10 PM CDT [Caleb Gindl's first MLB start; Brewers lose, 7-4, 10 innings]

The team simply doesn't have it this year. At least Yo had a fairly decent outing. However, the bullpen has decided to regress at the wrong time. They are just so overly prone to the home run in late innings. Henderson has been disappointing lately. The offense is anemic, but I would expect it with all the injuries and the AAA talent that is out there right now. Unfortunately, I can't see light at the end of the tunnel. Melvin is entrenched in a contract until 2015, and big contracts will likely still be here next year to be finished up.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The weird thing is, now that Weeks is hitting again, he continues to be platooned with Scooter... RRR always throws in a wrinkle that leaves me shaking my head. He does almost everything the opposite of what I would do.

Yes, I get the righty vs lefty platoon reasoning, but with the way Weeks is hitting, why not give him some regular playing time to see if he is out of his funk? Meh, doesn't really matter I guess. Might as well let Scooter continue to get his at bats.

somewhere I posted it's strictly a trade move. Sitting Weeks at least twice a week should reduce his Full-Time Starts at 2b for someother team to a pace under 600. He sits now at 550ish pace and was at 600 just when Scooter was called up.

We're approaching a point here where Weeks can play everyday risk free of 600PAs this season. Maybe Scooter is sent down here shortly when Estrada,Narveson, and/or Burgos return from the DL and playing Weeks everyday won't hurt his trade status for whatever team asks for him.

The team simply doesn't have it this year. At least Yo had a fairly decent outing. However, the bullpen has decided to regress at the wrong time. They are just so overly prone to the home run in late innings. Henderson has been disappointing lately. The offense is anemic, but I would expect it with all the injuries and the AAA talent that is out there right now. Unfortunately, I can't see light at the end of the tunnel. Melvin is entrenched in a contract until 2015, and big contracts will likely still be here next year to be finished up.

Yo pitched great. Not his fault the team behind him made two bad plays in a row, and then booted a routine grounder.

This team has all the makings of a team with a shot for the first overall pick.

Truly wishful thinking no? If the team makes the trades it should look to do then yes I agree there's a slim chance to pass Miami for worst in Baseball record-wise. As for Houston, it's a team long in rebuild mode, and they should at some point begin reaping the benefits or their top selections as well as all the trade acquisitions. So, I believe they can improve throughout this season in growth and with our fall surpass us.

There is a big bonus to being bad these days, in that the Brewers could land #1,31 plus potential for 2nd or 3rd round competition lottery pick so end of 2nd talking 60s and first 3rd being 65ish. This, in supposedly a draft that has rated higher talent.

How long would it take to get Rodon to the club? lol.

But seriously, the club has been beset with injuries, failed pitching and failures in offense compared to expectations among talent. Yes Segura/Gomez exceed expectations but not enough vs. the lack of fulfilling expectations. A Healthy team with better pitching should perform high enough to keep away from a top 3 draft selection if not top 5. Anything in the top 6 should be wanted vs 7-12 though.

Club sells off Weeks/ARam/Gallardo/Aoki and trades away Gomez offseason there's room to maneuver a Free Agent signing and with acquisitions in trade plus the draft have quickly a brighter future than the one today.

I would love to get the first pick and redraft Rodon, but realistically, can we ever actually catch Miami? What are they...7 games behind us? Unless they improve, we'd have to get ridiculously bad to get a worse record than them.

I would love to get the first pick and redraft Rodon, but realistically, can we ever actually catch Miami? What are they...7 games behind us? Unless they improve, we'd have to get ridiculously bad to get a worse record than them.

Marlins 22-49, Mets 27-41, Astros 27-46, Brewers 29-41, White Sox 29-40, Cubs 29-41

I doubt the Brewers will get the 1st pick even if Braun does not return. Right now the Brewers have the 4th pick in next years draft and they will probably get a pick between 5-10 unless they go on a winning streak like they did last year. The Brewers projected W/L for the rest of the season is 45-47 which would give the Brewers a record of 74-88 which would put them in the top 10 pick range. It is almost impossible for the Brewers to get the 1st pick. It is more likely they will finish with a record that they will get the 5th or 8th pick in the draft.

Well for Slot allotment reasons, 4th would be the best to draft from as it drops 751k to 5th which 6th drops 251k as well as 7th then 8th it drops only drops 109k.

So the difference drafting 4th taking say a 7th type player can leave the team with 400-800k in savings that can be used later draft picks to sign away a high upside guy from College.

So I'm rooting for 4th worst. But most likely we do the worst for allotment and finish 8th where it's not much difference going down in order from there.

Archived