Brewer Fanatic

2013-06-20 Brewers (Gallardo) at Astros (Harrell), 1:10 PM CDT [Caleb Gindl's first MLB start; Brewers lose, 7-4, 10 innings]

One hopper to 2nd, one hopper to 3rd, one hopper to the pitcher.

I don't really think Gennett is all that great either, but is that really any worse than the 2 months we had of Rickie Weeks at bats....strike out, strike out, grounder to short?

The timing is strange with Weeks hitting now, but getting all over Gennett after very few at bats, after watching Weeks bat sub .200 for the whole season doesn't really seem fair either.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That inning of offense is a perfect example of how this season has gone.

Execute a perfect hit and run, steal second for the middle of the order. Then strike out with the infield in and 1 out...then we get a wild pitch over the catchers head that comes back to the catcher without him even having to move and Gindl is caught in no mans land.

Edit:

Make that the last TWO innings. This one man on third, no outs and no runs scored. So frustrating. I shouldn't care much with this team this season, but I still want them to win and the lack of the ability to simply hit a sac fly is just infuriating. I know other teams fail too, but we seem to fail in that spot way more often than not.

One hopper to 2nd, one hopper to 3rd, one hopper to the pitcher.

I don't really think Gennett is all that great either, but is that really any worse than the 2 months we had of Rickie Weeks at bats....strike out, strike out, grounder to short?

The timing is strange with Weeks hitting now, but getting all over Gennett after very few at bats, after watching Weeks bat sub .200 for the whole season doesn't really seem fair either.

I wasn't a big fan of the move to begin with. I realize its a small sample, I just don't think much of gennett.

It's almost automatic that the Brewers will strikeout with one out and a man on third.

I'm too lazy to look up the stats, but I swear we fail at driving that man in more than any other team in the majors. I'm almost stunned when we actually hit a sac fly.

We could easily have a much bigger lead if we could just hit a sac fly or two.

And there goes the lead just like that. Nice job driving those runs in from third, Brewers.

Sweet, yet another failure with a man on third and one out. It's just laughable at this point. 0-12 with RISP and 4 tries in the last 3 innings with a man on third and 0/1 out and we haven't scored a single run.

And giving Schaefer the green light on 3-0? Really Ron? Swing at 3-0 and you should do better than a routine ground ball. I'm not even sure it was a strike.

1 out with guys on 2nd and 3rd and you don't walk Pena to setup the double play?

Just another RRR head scratcher.

In all seriousness, it is time to cut this clown loose.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I don't have the sound on (work) but is that Yo's dad they keep showing in the Gold #49 jersey? Looks an awfully lot like him.

It is, yes.

It'd be greatly appreciated if anyone can go back, take a screenshot of Yo's dad, & post the picture here. Since brwrsfan noted he looks a lot like him, I'm curious to see.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I don't have the sound on (work) but is that Yo's dad they keep showing in the Gold #49 jersey? Looks an awfully lot like him.

It is, yes.

It'd be greatly appreciated if anyone can go back, take a screenshot of Yo's dad, & post the picture here. Since brwrsfan noted he looks a lot like him, I'm curious to see.

Wish I would've seen this earlier before I erased the recording I had. :laughing

I'll record the replay and hopefully they'll show him, they should but you never know. If they do, I'll get a screenshot for you.

Archived