Brewer Fanatic

2013-06-20 Brewers (Gallardo) at Astros (Harrell), 1:10 PM CDT [Caleb Gindl's first MLB start; Brewers lose, 7-4, 10 innings]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]June 20 | 1:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (29-41) | Astros (27-46)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/astros.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/brewers/gallardo-14.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/astros/harrell-01.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]6-6, 4.41 ERA, 1.35 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Astros | Game Log[/h3][h3]Gallardo has not surrendered a run in 14 innings over his last two starts and is 13-3 with a 2.87 ERA in 13 career starts against the Astros. He has a 2.66 ERA in seven career starts at Minute Maid Park.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]5-7, 4.48 ERA, 1.57 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Harrell hasn't been a model of consistency this year, but he has lowered his ERA by nearly a run during his last four outings. However, Minute Maid Park hasn't been too kind to the righty this season.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. SS Jean Segura
  2. RF Logan Schafer
  3. CF Carlos Gomez
  4. DH Aramis Ramirez
  5. C Jonathan Lucroy
  6. 1B Juan Francisco
  7. 3B Yuniesky Betancourt
  8. 2B Scooter Gennett
  9. LF Caleb Gindl

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. RF Trevor Crowe
  2. 2B Jose Altuve
  3. DH Jason Castro
  4. C Carlos Corporan
  5. LF J.D. Martinez
  6. 1B Carlos Pena
  7. CF Justin Maxwell
  8. 3B Matt Dominguez
  9. SS Marwin Gonzalez

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guys like Gindl can be very undervalued. Some of it is the arby system, but 4th OF who can hit a high .700- low .800 OPS don't actually grow on trees. It remains to be seen if Gindl can hit that well in the majors, but a guy who is comfortable doing that part time with some defensive skill is pretty valuable.

Not a great start for Gindl there, but that's an impressive play by Gomez. Look at how far he ran to get that ball. He was backing that up off the bat, which isn't a given considering where the ball was and how shallow it was. Great hustle, great throw.

It went as an error, but that was some nice opposite field power from Gindl, that's gone in most parks. Thanks for the 3 free runs Astros.

Gallardo 4 shutout innings and a 2 hitter but maybe most importantly only 47 pitches so far.... granted its just the Astros but he seems to be turning it around. Love to see him just going after the hitters and not nibbling on the corners. We don't need Yo getting in deep counts every other batter
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

I keep hearing how Gennett is supposed to be better defensively than Weeks but I just don't see it. He seems to be very weak fundamentally and I haven't seen him make an above average play yet.

That was not a good inning. Passed ball, poor FC decision by Francisco, terrible toss by Scooter preventing a DP turn...guess that's why we're bad. Just too much of this all year. Still have the lead I guess.

Luc gets one back!! That had to hurt, looked to me like he hit that wall at almost full bore. Weird, because he jumped and timed it perfectly without looking, just hit the wall wrong I guess. Looked painful and he is still on the ground...

Gallardo 4 shutout innings and a 2 hitter but maybe most importantly only 47 pitches so far.... granted its just the Astros but he seems to be turning it around. Love to see him just going after the hitters and not nibbling on the corners. We don't need Yo getting in deep counts every other batter

Just the Astos? The same Astros that beat us 10 - 1 a couple days ago?

I just don't feel we are good enough to say "just the Astros" or "just the Marlins" etc. Until we can hang with the big boys, you have to believe that most teams we are playing are saying "just the Brewers...."

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I am not a fan of scooter. I feel like every at bat I watch he's lucky to get it out of the infield. Just my opinion though.

cut him.

I keep hearing how Gennett is supposed to be better defensively than Weeks but I just don't see it. He seems to be very weak fundamentally and I haven't seen him make an above average play yet.

see above post.

I am not a fan of scooter. I feel like every at bat I watch he's lucky to get it out of the infield. Just my opinion though.

cut him.

I didn't say that. However, he continues to do nothing that makes me think he's a better option than weeks.

The weird thing is, now that Weeks is hitting again, he continues to be platooned with Scooter... RRR always throws in a wrinkle that leaves me shaking my head. He does almost everything the opposite of what I would do.

Yes, I get the righty vs lefty platoon reasoning, but with the way Weeks is hitting, why not give him some regular playing time to see if he is out of his funk? Meh, doesn't really matter I guess. Might as well let Scooter continue to get his at bats.

I'd actually agree. You stick with Weeks for months while he sucks, he comes around some and the platoon continues? Don't get it.

Seems like every time we make a bad play defensively, it costs us. If the defense could have been better, Yo might have had a stellar start here. His pitchcount wasn't too bad until the errors started happening.

Archived