Brewer Fanatic

2013-06-19 Brewers (Lohse) at Astros (Bedard), 7:10 PM CDT [Josh Prince's first MLB start; Brewers win, 3-1]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]June 19 | 7:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (28-41) | Astros (27-45)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/astros.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/brewers/lohse-11.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/astros/bedard-01.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]2-6, 3.84 ERA, 1.22 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Astros | Game Log[/h3][h3]After a tough May in which he fought a sore elbow, Lohse is cruising in June to the tune of a 2.25 ERA and .219 opponents' average in his first three starts of the month.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]2-3, 4.82 ERA, 1.52 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Bedard has settled in as a mainstay of the Astros' rotation, allowing two earned runs or fewer in six of his last seven outings. With the Pirates last year, Bedard was roughed up twice by the Brewers, giving up three homers and 11 runs.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. 2B Rickie Weeks
  2. SS Jean Segura
  3. CF Carlos Gomez
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. DH Jonathan Lucroy
  6. 1B Yuniesky Betancourt
  7. C Martin Maldonado
  8. LF Josh Prince
  9. RF Logan Schafer

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Brandon Barnes
  2. 2B Jose Altuve
  3. C Jason Castro
  4. LF J.D. Martinez
  5. DH Chris Carter
  6. 1B Carlos Pena
  7. RF Justin Maxwell
  8. 3B Matt Dominguez
  9. SS Ronny Cedeno

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

Prince starting. Good idea now that Gindl was sent back down.

That should be in Blue, right? Gindl is actually still on the MLB roster, right?

Wow, RRR never ceases to amaze

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

That should be in Blue, right? Gindl is actually still on the MLB roster, right?

Gindl is still on the active roster and the manager has very little say on who stays or goes down on the roster. DM is the one who sets the roster.

Gindl is still on the active roster and the manager has very little say on who stays or goes down on the roster. DM is the one who sets the roster.

I was amazed that Gindl wasn't given a chance to start but then realized it was a LHP we are facing.....

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

I don't know what is more concerning: the current lineup or the fact that I've gotten used to these.

I hate that it's June and my attention is much more on the Stanley Cup, international soccer and even the NBA than it is on than Brewers. The real tragedy is that in a week the Brewers are all that I'll have left.

Verified Member
I don't know what is more concerning: the current lineup or the fact that I've gotten used to these.

I hate that it's June and my attention is much more on the Stanley Cup, international soccer and even the NBA than it is on than Brewers. The real tragedy is that in a week the Brewers are all that I'll have left.

I know. I work 2nd shift and usually get the game on. For the first time in years, I haven't been getting the radio out every day. And when I do, it's just to pass time. It's not just that they're record is bad. The team is just so blah and Joe Block sounds like he's narrating a funeral.

Bad thing for me is I have no interest in the other sports you mentioned...

Are you saying that RRR has no say in who goes up and down?

I find that extremely hard to believe since the managers job depends on how well his team does, and if he has no say in who he has to play, how can he be blamed?

That aside, RRR makes horrible decisions on a daily basis, so he should be canned anyway, but I digress.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Through 5 innings, we're being 1 hit...by the Astros.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Are you saying that RRR has no say in who goes up and down?

I find that extremely hard to believe since the managers job depends on how well his team does, and if he has no say in who he has to play, how can he be blamed?

Yes that is exactly what I am saying. A manager can plead their case for a player to stay or go back down but in the end it is the general managers decision on player movement.

This isn't quite like the NFL. In MLB the manager and GM make decisions on who goes up and down jointly. Trades are a little bit different with the manager being in the loop and the GM having the final say.

That Rickie Weeks guy is terrible, that bum better give back all his salary he's made today.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

A whole 6 RBI in his last 37 games. People are probably just shocked that Rickie did something positive.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Archived