Brewer Fanatic

2013-06-16 Brewers (Peralta) at Reds (Cueto), 12:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-1]

there's a difference between a person with a real job and a person that gets paid millions to play a little kid's game. he deserves to get chewed out when he makes a mistake.

Just because kids also play baseball doesn't make it a "kid's game". Old Hoss Radbourn would take exception to that.

maybe not to you, but to me it is. it's basically entertainment. it's not a real job. those guys have no idea what its like to have a normal job and to live a normal life. they don't know what its like to have to take care of people on an average salary. if rickie weeks screws up at ''work'' nothing bad happens. at the end of the day he gets to go home to an undeserved grossly overpaid salary. if one of us screws up at work we are in serious trouble.

Francisco .212 AVG

Weeks .213 AVG

Betancourt .215 AVG

Weeks OPS is 648

Bentancourt is 608

Francisco is 473

slight difference.

Weeks is OPS of 786 over the last 30 team games of which he's played 22. He had a horrible start, but he's coming around. I'm sorry he stole your puppy dog vegas but your Weeks hate is irrational and tiresome.

maybe not to you, but to me it is. it's basically entertainment. it's not a real job. those guys have no idea what its like to have a normal job and to live a normal life. they don't know what its like to have to take care of people on an average salary. if rickie weeks screws up at ''work'' nothing bad happens. at the end of the day he gets to go home to an undeserved grossly overpaid salary. if one of us screws up at work we are in serious trouble.

Entertainment the last time I looked is a real job. You live in a city that is mostly entertainment are those not real jobs in Las Vegas also? I don't believe baseball players are grossly overpaid they are paid what the market dictates that they are to be paid. I don't see how it is undeserved as he has worked rather hard to get the salary he is making.

That is funny, he is batting .392 since June 1st, there is no place on a big league team for that? Only has 6 kos during that time as well. What games are you watching?

wow 2 good weeks. when he puts up a season with that stat line then i'll shut up. look at the overall body of work. it's mediocre. i can't remember the last big time clutch hit weeks had.

Entertainment the last time I looked is a real job. You live in a city that is mostly entertainment are those not real jobs in Las Vegas also? I don't believe baseball players are grossly overpaid they are paid what the market dictates that they are to be paid. I don't see how it is undeserved as he has worked rather hard to get the salary he is making.

to you it might be but to me its not. athletes do not deserve to make more money than people who actually contribute to society like doctors, teachers, cops, firefighters, etc. i don't think that alex rodriguez deserves a $30 million salary. sorry but its just my opinion. ballplayers do not make contributions to society. they do not have the same impact on a person's life that a doctor, soldier, or teacher does. hell i don't think anyone should be making such gross amounts of money. what talent is so great that requires $30 million a year? i just think its a gross waste of money that could be spent on better things. i'm going to end the discussion here because it's starting to go off-topic. if you want we can continue to discuss this on another board. i didn't intend to hijack the thread lol.

So you don't believe in capitalism?

Who gets to determine what a real job is?

When you are among the best in the world at almost anything you get paid lots of money......

to you it might be but to me its not. athletes do not deserve to make more money than people who actually contribute to society like doctors, teachers, cops, firefighters, etc. i don't think that alex rodriguez deserves a $30 million salary. sorry but its just my opinion. ballplayers do not make contributions to society. they do not have the same impact on a person's life that a doctor, soldier, or teacher does. hell i don't think anyone should be making such gross amounts of money. what talent is so great that requires $30 million a year? i just think its a gross waste of money that could be spent on better things. i'm going to end the discussion here because it's starting to go off-topic. if you want we can continue to discuss this on another board. i didn't intend to hijack the thread lol.

Rickie has driven in 4 runs since May 12th (27 games). I don't care what his OPS is over the last 27 games he's played. He's not producing runs, and that's the name of the game.

By the way, two of those 4 RBI came on a 2 run homer against the A's in a game we were losing 8-0. The game was, for all intents and purposes, over. He simply does not produce in the clutch. He's hitting .115 with runners in scoring position for the season (6 hits in 52 at bats). In high leverage situations, he's batting .045 (2 for 44). You can't simply look at an OPS over a period, and say he's doing better. When he's getting his hits, they're not coming with runners on.

I want Rickie to do better. I hope he starts driving in runs. But to say he's been more productive is simply inaccurate.

By the way, Scooter Gennett in 10 games has 4 RBIs.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Rickie has driven in 4 runs since May 12th (27 games). I don't care what his OPS is over the last 27 games he's played. He's not producing runs, and that's the name of the game.

By the way, two of those 4 RBI came on a 2 run homer against the A's in a game we were losing 8-0. The game was, for all intents and purposes, over. He simply does not produce in the clutch. He's hitting .115 with runners in scoring position for the season (6 hits in 52 at bats). In high leverage situations, he's batting .045 (2 for 44). You can't simply look at an OPS over a period, and say he's doing better. When he's getting his hits, they're not coming with runners on.

I want Rickie to do better. I hope he starts driving in runs. But to say he's been more productive is simply inaccurate.

By the way, Scooter Gennett in 10 games has 4 RBIs.

That goes with what I argued why Gennett needed to be called up. Look at Joey Votto. Here's a guy who bats behind someone 2 spots lower in the order behind Choo who has a .400+ OB. Votto has only 33RBIs while carrying over a .300 avg batting in the best spot to get RBI. His culprit? BBs. So arguably one of the best hitters in the game, carries just an avg ML RBI rate to PAs. It all relies on the player behind him then to capitalize on being walked. Batting in the top 4 in order that can be expected. Batting 7th or 8th it's not going to happen all to often.

So it doesn't surprise me Gennett has as many RBI in 10 games played over Rickie's accumulation in the last month.

I guess in a way the argument against Gennett not being special is overlooked how special he is if he can bat .300 in the bottom of the order driving in guys batting 5th/6th and 7th.

Rickie's walks are all well and good and they definitely help his OPS. But when the time comes to it, and he needs to drive in Runs in situations that give him the chance to, too often he makes an out or takes a walk vs actually producing runs on the board. That's not good when the batter behind him is even worse at producing runs than he is.

Edit Adding: Look at Yuni's production to start the year. HRs certainly helped him, but still he was batting .276 with all his 8HRs and 24 of his seasons 31RBI in the team's first 30 games.

Since then he's hitting .153/.182/.198 in 115PAs with 7RBI. Truly Sad.

I'd just like to say that Gennett is hitting .167 with RISP.

It's not like he's been some world beater with guys on.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

That is funny, he is batting .392 since June 1st, there is no place on a big league team for that? Only has 6 kos during that time as well. What games are you watching?

wow 2 good weeks. when he puts up a season with that stat line then i'll shut up. look at the overall body of work. it's mediocre. i can't remember the last big time clutch hit weeks had.

All of your comments earlier in this thread are in reference to his recent play. "I am tired of this bum playing like crap." Truth is he currently is not playing like crap, he is playing rather well.

I agree that Weeks has been horrible for most of the year, but your Weeks bashing comments make no sense right now.

Im kind of with some of the others in regards to Weeks. He used to be my favorite Brewer but it seems like his fielding errors are costing the team.

Well, on to Houston. Hopefully the Brewers can get a sweep and Braun is back in time for the Chicago series.

Just a diehard Packers, Badgers, Brewers, Bucks and Admirals/Predators fan living the good life in the heart of Buckeye country.

All of your comments earlier in this thread are in reference to his recent play. "I am tired of this bum playing like crap." Truth is he currently is not playing like crap, he is playing rather well.

I agree that Weeks has been horrible for most of the year, but your Weeks bashing comments make no sense right now.

He's playing slightly better. 'Rather well' is a really, really big stretch. Yasiel Puig has been playing rather well. Domonic Brown lately has been playing rather well. Rickie Weeks play has been better than he was, which was absolutely awful. He's batting average and OBP are a little higher. That's the extent of his playing better. His average is now above .200. Yay.

He's sure not producing any runs. And that's why he's on the team. He's being paid the big bucks to be a run producer, and provide some power. He is doing neither. His last 27 games is being pointed out as an improvement. 4 RBI in 27 games. 27 games is exactly 1/6th of a season. 6 x 4 RBI = 24 RBI in a 162 game season. Not trying to be argumentative here guys, but under what stretch of the imagination is that "playing well"?

I'll include this period where he's "played well", and go back even further. Let's take it back to May 1st. In his last 109 at bats, since May 1st, he still has... 4 RBI.

Let me just repeat that. Rickie Weeks, the highest paid player on the Brewers, has 4 RBI in his last 36 games. With Corey Hart out for pretty much the entire first half of the season, with Aramis Ramirez coming back from injury, missing a great deal of time at the start of the season, and even more games after returning, and with Ryan Braun missing time because of his thumb...we needed our highest paid player to carry some of the burden. We needed him to produce. He has produced nothing.

Juan Francisco, the human strikeout machine, has now seen the field in 10 games since coming to Milwaukee. In 10 games, he has more RBI, 5, than Weeks does in the last 36 games.

Logan Schafer, in his last 13 games, has 6 RBI. He has more than Weeks.

Scooter Gennett, in the 10 games since he has been called up, has 4 RBI.

Martin Maldonado, since May 1st has 4 RBI. Even hitting .130 over that span, and in half the at bats (54 to Weeks' 109), he has 4 RBI.

Rickie Weeks has not played well by any stretch of the imagination.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

He's playing slightly better. 'Rather well' is a really, really big stretch. Yasiel Puig has been playing rather well. Domonic Brown lately has been playing rather well. Rickie Weeks play has been better than he was, which was absolutely awful. He's batting average and OBP are a little higher. That's the extent of his playing better. His average is now above .200. Yay.

He's sure not producing any runs. And that's why he's on the team. He's being paid the big bucks to be a run producer, and provide some power. He is doing neither. His last 27 games is being pointed out as an improvement. 4 RBI in 27 games. 27 games is exactly 1/6th of a season. 6 x 4 RBI = 24 RBI in a 162 game season. Not trying to be argumentative here guys, but under what stretch of the imagination is that "playing well"?

I'll include this period where he's "played well", and go back even further. Let's take it back to May 1st. In his last 109 at bats, since May 1st, he still has... 4 RBI.

Let me just repeat that. Rickie Weeks, the highest paid player on the Brewers, has 4 RBI in his last 36 games. With Corey Hart out for pretty much the entire first half of the season, with Aramis Ramirez coming back from injury, missing a great deal of time at the start of the season, and even more games after returning, and with Ryan Braun missing time because of his thumb...we needed our highest paid player to carry some of the burden. We needed him to produce. He has produced nothing.

Juan Francisco, the human strikeout machine, has now seen the field in 10 games since coming to Milwaukee. In 10 games, he has more RBI, 5, than Weeks does in the last 36 games.

Logan Schafer, in his last 13 games, has 6 RBI. He has more than Weeks.

Scooter Gennett, in the 10 games since he has been called up, has 4 RBI.

Martin Maldonado, since May 1st has 4 RBI. Even hitting .130 over that span, and in half the at bats (54 to Weeks' 109), he has 4 RBI.

Rickie Weeks has not played well by any stretch of the imagination.

You have an odd definition of rather well. Rather well= pretty good. You reference guys who are playing out of their minds. What do you consider really good, great or awesome if Puig and Brown are only playing rather well.

Again, I am not trying to say weeks has been great or even really good. I am trying to point out the fact that he isn't playing bad enough to warrant piece of garbage, bum, return your paycheck bashing in every IGT.

When Weeks was signed to his extension, he was the leadoff hitter. He was a run creator, and he still is to an extent because of the amount of times he draws a walk. Productivity isn't only driving guys in, but also getting on base to score runs.

Since June 1st, he's scored 6 runs in the 11 team games in June - 7 of which he started. The funny part about that is he usually has 2 black holes right behind him when he reaches base.

I can't see how you cite only RBI when getting on base and scoring runs is also productive. Your argument serves to take Rickie's walks with men on base as a negative.

Archived