Brewer Fanatic

2013-06-16 Brewers (Peralta) at Reds (Cueto), 12:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-1]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]June 16 | 12:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (28-39) | Reds (41-28)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/reds.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/brewers/peralta-14.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/reds/cueto-01.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]4-7, 6.03 ERA, 1.66 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Reds | Game Log[/h3][h3]Peralta struggled early in the game, giving up three runs on five consecutive hits in the second. But the right-hander regained command to toss four scoreless innings before he was pinch-hit for in the seventh.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]3-0, 2.17 ERA, 0.88 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Cueto, coming off the DL for the second time this season, admitted it might be hard to keep his strained right shoulder off his mind in his first start since May 31. However, he said he feels good, and he doesn't think he'll be limited at all.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. RF 青木 宣親
  2. SS Jean Segura
  3. CF Carlos Gomez
  4. C Jonathan Lucroy
  5. LF Logan Schafer
  6. 3B Juan Francisco
  7. 2B Rickie Weeks
  8. 1B Yuniesky Betancourt
  9. P Wily Peralta

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Derrick Robinson
  2. SS Zack Cozart
  3. 1B Joey Votto
  4. 2B Brandon Phillips
  5. RF Jay Bruce
  6. LF Xavier Paul
  7. 3B Jack Hannahan
  8. C Ryan Hanigan
  9. P Johnny Cueto

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

Weeks is still a better hitter than the 3 guys hitting ahead of him. I don't get it.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

there's no reason why the reds should have scored that inning. if that piece of garbage had any honor he would return his paycheck.

I hope you do the same thing at your job whenever you make a mistake.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

there's no reason why the reds should have scored that inning. if that piece of garbage had any honor he would return his paycheck.

I hope you do the same thing at your job whenever you make a mistake.

there's a difference between a person with a real job and a person that gets paid millions to play a little kid's game. he deserves to get chewed out when he makes a mistake.

You mad bro

yeah i am. i'm tired of this bum playing like crap. i have every right to vent my frustration seeing as how i have spent a lot of money on merchandise, tickets, television packages, etc. when the product sucks the fans have the right to vent.

You mad bro

yeah i am. i'm tired of this bum playing like crap. i have every right to vent my frustration seeing as how i have spent a lot of money on merchandise, tickets, television packages, etc. when the product sucks the fans have the right to vent.

Well Weeks has been very good with the bat and in the field since June 1st. Not really sure what you are tired of watching. That throw gets caught by every other 1b in the league.

No need to come on here with all the bum, piece of garbage talk when it isn't warranted. Vent if you want to vent, but to pile on Rickie who is playing the best baseball he has all year makes no sense.

there's a difference between a person with a real job and a person that gets paid millions to play a little kid's game. he deserves to get chewed out when he makes a mistake.

Just because kids also play baseball doesn't make it a "kid's game". Old Hoss Radbourn would take exception to that.

3TO Apostle

I don't like a thing about Francisco so far. He seems overweight, lazy, and is another hacker at the plate. On that last AB of his, he might have been able to make it close if he sprinted all the way down the line, but as soon as he saw he was going to be thrown out at 1st, he slowed to a jog.

He reminds me of Johnny Estrada.

I don't like a thing about Francisco so far. He seems overweight, lazy, and is another hacker at the plate. On that last AB of his, he might have been able to make it close if he sprinted all the way down the line, but as soon as he saw he was going to be thrown out at 1st, he slowed to a jog.

He reminds me of Johnny Estrada.

I agree, the trade made no sense from the get go.

The bottom three in our lineup:

Francisco .212 AVG

Weeks .213 AVG

Betancourt .215 AVG

then the pitcher

Is anybody surprised this offense isn't scoring runs today?

I have to agree with the consensus. I see no reason why Francisco was traded for. He provides no boost to this team whatsoever.

They won't bring Hunter Morris up even for a try, but they'll keep a "prospect" that has less plate discipline up with the club. As bad defensively as he might be, at least Hunter has played first base. Francisco is just another black hole.

I'm just praying that Ryan gets that thumb healthy, and avoids suspension.

Please, God. I am a long suffering Brewers fan. For thirty five years, I have followed this team faithfully. They haven't won a darned thing, but still I watch. While other new franchises are farted out of the commissioner's arse, and go on to win World Series titles, I stick to my team. Could you maybe give us a break with Ryan Braun...please? It's bad enough we have to have his possible drug use in our face at every turn, along with the heckles of "the Brewers franchise sucks". Could you maybe just once throw us a bone?

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

@chickinbrickin

Well Weeks has been very good with the bat and in the field since June 1st. Not really sure what you are tired of watching. That throw gets caught by every other 1b in the league.

No need to come on here with all the bum, piece of garbage talk when it isn't warranted. Vent if you want to vent, but to pile on Rickie who is playing the best baseball he has all year makes no sense.

2 weeks of good baseball doesn't excuse months of poor baseball. that's the truth. weeks has sucked most of this year and most of last year. what i see is constant strikeouts, groundouts, and useless pop ups. what i see is soft throws, overthrows, lack of speed, lack of range. if this is his best baseball then he has no business being on a big league team.

Archived