Brewer Fanatic

2013-06-15 Brewers (Gallardo) at Reds (Bailey), 3:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-0. Yup, a shutout.]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]June 15 | 3:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (27-39) | Reds (41-27)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/reds.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/brewers/gallardo-13.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/reds/bailey-01.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]5-6, 4.74 ERA, 1.38 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Reds | Game Log[/h3][h3]Gallardo turned in his best outing of the season, shutting out the Marlins over a season-high eight innings. The right-hander held Miami to just four hits and fanned four, including his 1,000th career strikeout.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]4-4, 3.47 ERA, 1.13 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Bailey was fantastic in an eight-inning start against the Cubs on Monday, when the Reds' tired bullpen needed it most. It was the third time this year he threw at least eight innings.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. RF Norichika Aoki
  2. SS Jean Segura
  3. CF Carlos Gomez
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. C Jonathan Lucroy
  6. LF Logan Schafer
  7. 1B Juan Francisco
  8. 2B Scooter Gennett
  9. P Yovani Gallardo

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Shin-Soo Choo
  2. SS Zack Cozart
  3. 1B Joey Votta
  4. 2B Brandon Phillips
  5. RF Jay Bruce
  6. 3B Todd Frazier
  7. LF Xavier Paul
  8. C Ryan Harigan
  9. P Homer Bailey

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

Joe West is such a clown. I can't stand that attention-hog.

For those who missed it, Donovan Hand was facing Joey Votto in the bottom of the 8th. It was an 0-2 count and Hand and Luc were having a hard time agreeing on a pitch. West then walked from behind home plate and took a couple of steps towards the mound and was yelling at Hand. Votto didn't call timeout; West took it upon himself to approach the mound.

Hand's next pitch was a strike on the inside half of the plate, but West called a ball. Luckily, Hand got a popout on the next pitch.

Logan Schafer has been playing really well of late. He's an unsung hero of sorts filling in for Brauny. 6-9 with 2 runs scored, 3 doubles, 2 RBI and his first career stolen base in the two games he played against Cincy. I like it!
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Some more Michael Hunt 'magic' in that Reds lineup...

CF Shin-Soo Choo

1B Joey Votta

C Ryan Harigan

If I screwed up at my job as much as that joker does, I'd be looking for a new job.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

It's not just Michael Hunt who can't get things right. The blurb below is from the Yahoo fantasy notes for Rickie today.

If only Rickie could have gotten a couple more hits he could have had an average over 1.000. Now that would have been newsworthy!

"Rickie Weeks is not in Saturday's lineup against the Reds.

Advice: With right-hander Homer Bailey starting, the Brewers will continue to go with Scooter Gennett at second base. Weeks is batting .714 (5-for-12) over his last seven games."

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Great game! Its nice to see the Brewers blow someone out for a change.
Just a diehard Packers, Badgers, Brewers, Bucks and Admirals/Predators fan living the good life in the heart of Buckeye country.

Archived