Brewer Fanatic

2013-06-14 Brewers (Lohse) at Reds (Arroyo), 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3, 10 innings]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]June 14 | 6:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (27-38) | Reds (40-27)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/reds.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/brewers/lohse-10.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/reds/arroyo-02.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]2-6, 4.03 ERA, 1.24 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Reds | Game Log[/h3][h3]Lohse is coming off his best outing as a Brewer. The right-hander held the Phillies to one run on four hits over a season-best eight innings. Lohse will look to repeat his success against the Reds, whom he has held to a 3.34 ERA in 11 career starts.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]6-5, 3.35 ERA, 1.10 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Arroyo has gone at least five innings in each of his starts this season and has lost just once (on May 29) since a three-game losing streak from April 25-May 6.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. RF 青木 宣親
  2. SS Jean Segura
  3. CF Carlos Gomez
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. 1B Yuniesky Betancourt
  6. LF Logan Schafer
  7. C Martin Maldonado
  8. 2B Scooter Gennett
  9. P Kyle Lohse

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Shin-Soo Choo
  2. LF Derrick Robinson
  3. 2B Brandon Phillips
  4. RF Jay Bruce
  5. 3B Todd Frazier
  6. 1B Jack Hannahan
  7. SS Zack Cozart
  8. C Ryan Hanigan
  9. P Bronson Arroyo

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

I fixed the MichaelHunt-o's in the starting lineups (also added a Narron-esque touch for our leadoff man). Looks like PretendAstronaut got the lineups from the JSOnline Brewers Blog... normally a reliable source, unless Hunt is posting. According to him, "Chin"-Soo Choo & "Cesar" Cozart were starting tonight for the Reds. :rolleyes Unreal when it's your job that you don't bother to double- or triple-check that post before submitting.

Also, I'd like to take some time to thank Dusty Baker for batting a guy with a MiLB career (7 seasons) .645 OPS in the two-hole. It'd be nice to see the Crew get the win tonight with Votto out of the lineup.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

The Reds play a 14 inning game yesterday so their bullpen is thin tonight. So what is the approach that Narron and Roenicke employ? Of course, it's the "let's swing at anything near the plate approach". I get so tired of the lack of discipline on this team.

I just woke up, looked at the box score, and saw that Scooter Gennett and Logan Schafer are a combined 5 for 5, with Scooter having his first career home run.

Am I seeing things, or do I need to brush the sleep from my eyes? :laughing

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I just woke up, looked at the box score, and saw that Scooter Gennett and Logan Schafer are a combined 5 for 5, with Scooter having his first career home run.

Am I seeing things, or do I need to brush the sleep from my eyes? :laughing

Not sure why this is that shocking really...Both players are capable of having hot streaks and big games.

I enjoy the crap out of watching the young guys produce!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I know they're capable of it, but coming into tonight's game, the two were a combined 21 for 98 on the season. I'm really happy to see both having a great game. I collect both player's baseball cards.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Is Carlos Gomez the best pure athlete the Brewers have ever had? The man is just insane. Fast, strong. Wowie wow.

Cord. Chord is something you play on a guitar ;)

Is Carlos Gomez the best pure athlete the Brewers have ever had? The man is just insane. Fast, strong. Wowie wow.

Glenn Braggs was quite an athlete back in the day, but he never quite figured out how to play the entire game of baseball...

Gomez is just awesome! Between him and Segura this year, I can't decide who I like better. Can you imagine what shape this team would be in without them? I shudder to think about it.

Glenn Braggs was quite an athlete back in the day, but he never quite figured out how to play the entire game of baseball...

Gomez is just awesome! Between him and Segura this year, I can't decide who I like better. Can you imagine what shape this team would be in without them? I shudder to think about it.

Braggs had Prince Fielder type of power, he just never put it together.

I remember watching him check his swing once, and snapping the bat in half.

Cord. Chord is something you play on a guitar ;)

oops, sorry about that, the proper edit has been made.

:tongue

No problem. I do stuff like that all the time. :)

I am really liking Scooter Gennett. The guy brings some real energy to the game. Things like taking third there won't show in the box score, but they make a big difference in the team's success.

Get the man a new belt! :laughing

Taking 3rd there made almost no difference in the team's success. If he gets thrown out the inning is over. If he just stays a base hit scores him either way if he's on 2nd or 3rd.

Taking 3rd there made almost no difference in the team's success. If he gets thrown out the inning is over. If he just stays a base hit scores him either way if he's on 2nd or 3rd.

Scooter's going to score from second on a single to left field? Scooter's going to score from second on an infield hit?

In the current scoring environment (~4 runs/game, in the NL in 2013), with two outs, going from 2nd to third (with a man on first) bumps the run expectancy from .404 to .461, which means he has to be safe > 95% of the time for that to be worth while... which basically makes it a stupid, stupid play.

And yes, he's scoring from second every single time on a single to left with two outs. He's going on contact.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Back in the day?

Here he is at 50....

http://www.baseballintheblood.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/glenn-braggs.jpg

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

And yes, he's scoring from second every single time on a single to left with two outs. He's going on contact.

ummmmmm, errrr, ok then, but I disagree.

There has to be plenty of times when that exact play occurs and the runner on 2B does not score. To blanket that statement and say every single time just can't be accurate.

Archived