Brewer Fanatic

2013-06-12 Brewers (Figaro) at Marlins (Slowey), 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 10-1; Figaro 7 IP, 2 H]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]June 12 | 6:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (26-38) | Marlins (19-45)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/marlins.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/brewers/figaro-03.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/marlins/slowey-01.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]0-0, 4.08 ERA, 1.26 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Marlins | Game Log[/h3][h3]The longball has dogged Figaro in his two starts; three in a May 28 no-decision against the Twins and another in Friday's no-decision against the Phillies. Stuff-wise, it does not get much better than Figaro's high-90s heat.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]2-5, 3.77 ERA, 1.27 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Initially, Slowey was set to start on Tuesday, but he was pushed back a day for good reason. Slowey threw seven innings of relief and collected the win in the 20-inning win over the Mets. Slowey is given an extra day.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. RF Norichika Aoki
  2. SS Jean Segura
  3. CF Carlos Gomez
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. C Jonathan Lucroy
  6. LF Logan Schafer
  7. 1B Juan Francisco
  8. 2B Scooter Gennett
  9. P Alfredo Figaro

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. LF Juan Pierre
  2. 3B Ed Lucas
  3. RF Giancarlo Stanton
  4. CF Marcell Ozuna
  5. 2B Derek Dietrich
  6. 1B Greg Dobbs
  7. SS Adeiny Hechavarria
  8. C Rob Brantly
  9. P Kevin Slowey

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

Ramirez tried to steal? Seriously? I'm faster than he is, and I'm slower than moss growing on a dead tree. :laughing
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Well, it was a double steal with Gomez going to third. It secured Gomez to third safely, but there were no outs with runners on first and second. I'd take that over one out and a runner at third.

RRR thought differently. Or maybe he just didn't think. Y'Think?!

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

I know this is the Marlins, but Figaro is looking really good. And only 46 pitches through four innings. I'm not used to seeing that from Brewer starters.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

BA just threw out a Blazing Saddles reference!!

It's twoo, it's twoo.

Hah

I feel like he drops some good references throughout the course of a season. Not sure I've heard a Blazing Saddles one from him before, though :)

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I know beggars can't be choosers, but watching the Crew beating up on the Marlins like this is kind of like watching the college hoops recruit across the street stomping his 8-year-old brother in one-on-one.

Archived