Brewer Fanatic

WOAH SOLVDD

TURBO

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
My goodness I can't believe that was 10 years ago.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Ah, memories...

The thread I remember most fondly was when we shipped Junior Spivey to Washington for Tomo Ohka, which paved the way for Rickie Weeks to be called up. His arrival was one of the first for the long-awaited prospects (Hardy, Fielder, Hart) that we hoped would bring our long suffering franchise to new heights. I still remember that a poster had a signature around that time that said Remain calm... Help is on the way! I wish the current farm system gave me that sense of optimism, but it doesn't.

Gruber Lawffices

It had to do with a particular prospect who who never even made the MLB club. I have gone as far as I am willing to go. You will have to proceed on your own.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Lou Palmisano was going to be the answer to our catching prayers...
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I can't believe it has been that long. Man, we have been through a lot since then. Speaking of old and epic posts. Can a mod dig up the Braun getting called up to the big leagues thread? I would like to look at that.

Here is a good one by Splitter about Braun raking after a few weeks in the bigs. (I couldn't get to the Braun is called up thread)

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=847

Some good lines:

1. if he keeps it up, he will give it a good run for ROY.

2. In a small sample versus lefty pitchers, Braun has 14 hits in 27 at bats, with 9 of the hits for extra bases - yes, 1 in every 3 official at bats is an extra base hit....along with 6 walks vs. only 3 strikeouts, this has resulted in a 1.810 OPS against southpaws. That would be best labelled as sick ladies and gentleman.

3. Because of sample size I reserve the right to take this back later but right now Prince is no longer the best hitter on this team. This guy is clearly the real deal.

Yes, Braun won ROY. Yes, Braun still rakes against lefty's. Yes, Bruan continued to be the best hitter on the team and still is.

I think the "Braun called up thread" is probably gone unless it has a bump that I'm not seeing. That would have happened way back when we were still on ezBoard, and they used to prune old topics (at 400 per forum, I believe). The oldest topics in the Major Leagues forum are from mid-June, 2007.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I think what I really meant was Angel Salome.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I hate to say, but I have this vague recollection of the Braun callup thread being locked and removed. I don't remember why.

That's disappointing.

I've told this story before, but I think my all time favorite thread was the "Ben Hendrickson released" thread, but probably not for good reasons I'll admit.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived