Brewer Fanatic

2013-06-11 Brewers (Peralta) at Marlins (Turner), 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-4]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]June 11 | 6:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (26-37) | Marlins (18-45)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/marlins.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/brewers/peralta-13.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/marlins/turner-01.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]4-7, 6.16 ERA, 1.72 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Marlins | Game Log[/h3][h3]Two starts ago, Peralta limited the Phillies to two runs in seven encouraging innings, but came back to allow five runs in five innings of a rematch five days later. The question is which Wily will show up in Miami?[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]1-0, 0.69 ERA, 1.08 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Both of Turner's starts have been extremely encouraging since he was called up from Triple-A New Orleans. After winning his first game, Turner had a no-decision at Philadelphia. He has allowed one run in 13 innings.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. RF Norichika Aoki
  2. SS Jean Segura
  3. CF Carlos Gomez
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. C Jonathan Lucroy
  6. LF Logan Schafer
  7. 2B Rickie Weeks
  8. 1B Yuniesky Betancourt
  9. P Wily Peralta

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. LF Juan Pierre
  2. 3B Al Lucas
  3. RF Giancarlo Stanton
  4. CF Marcell Ozuna
  5. 1B Logan Morrison
  6. 2B Derek Dietrich
  7. SS Adeiny Hechavarria
  8. C Jeff Mathis
  9. P Jacob Turner

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

i want to believe in peralta but then he goes and does crap like this. miami is awful. there is no reason why peralta should be getting rocked by miami. very disappointing so far. kranitz needs to go. he can't coach these guys for sh!t. this kid is getting crushed by an awful team.

Isn't it about time to try anybody other then Peralta? I mean you really can't pitch much worse then he has and keep a job in the big leagues. I've never seen a guy throw as hard as he does and givs up more rockets......he has to find an off speed pitch that is reliable because what he is doing isn't working.

Isn't it about time to try anybody other then Peralta? I mean you really can't pitch much worse then he has and keep a job in the big leagues. I've never seen a guy throw as hard as he does and givs up more rockets......he has to find an off speed pitch that is reliable because what he is doing isn't working.

Actually Peralta has pitched rather well it is his walks that are killing him and not the hits. He is currently just below league average in terms of LD% and above league average for GB%. So no he really hasn't given up all that many hard hit balls he is actually just about league average for hard hit balls (LD%). League average for 2012 for GB/FB was 1.33 and currently sits at 1.31 while Peralta this year is currently at 2.47.

Peralta is a young pitcher and needs to be starting every game and I could care less about the results he is putting up as long as he is showing improvements. This team is not going to make the playoffs so it is less about results and more about potential and seeing what we have in Peralta. Unless you really want to see another Suppan pitching for the Brewers then that is fine also but it doesn't really help the Brewers in the future. Allowing Peralta to pitch through the whole season regardless of his numbers right now is the correct thing to do. These knee jerk reactions by fans is the perfect way to ruin a franchise.

I don't think it's knee jerk at all. I'm confused what the Brewers are trying to do this year, as are a lot of other Brewer fans, I'd wager. We gave up our first round draft pick to sign Kyle Lohse. That says to me that the Brewers think they can "get back into it, and make a playoff run". But when they let Peralta flap in the wind the way he has, it says "we've conceded the season is over". I don't understand what the Brewers' plan was, and it's looking more and more like they don't have one.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I don't think it's knee jerk at all. I'm confused what the Brewers are trying to do this year, as are a lot of other Brewer fans, I'd wager. We gave up our first round draft pick to sign Kyle Lohse. That says to me that the Brewers think they can "get back into it, and make a playoff run". But when they let Peralta flap in the wind the way he has, it says "we've conceded the season is over". I don't understand what the Brewers' plan was, and it's looking more and more like they don't have one.

I believe at this point it is about showcasing the tradeable players until mid July when some deals can be struck, while at the same time hoping for a miracle comeback such as winning 20 of 25 and getting back in it....

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Actually it is rather knee jerk. Peralta has one bad inning and it is when should he be removed from the rotation and then all is quiet after he doesn't give up a run in the next 4 innings. So he gives up 3 runs in 6 IP that right there is keeping your team in the game and not letting it get beyond where your team can not come back. I think peoples expectations of Peralta are way to high and when they see him giving up 3 early runs it is like he is kicking their dog.

Peralta isn't perfect right now but his results are rather deceiving also. If he starts K'g batters more he is going to look really good and once he starts lowering the number of walks he has been giving up he will become the best pitcher on the team right now.

Henderson is now setting up for BB-Rod???? How does Henderson not come back as the closer?

I believe RR said this will be the case until K-Rod gets his 300th save.

If he is managing for players to hit some meaningless stat goal, then he should be relieved of his duties immediately.

Does it really matter which one pitches the 8th and which pitches the 9th? They both have to get 3 outs.

Yes, 9-1-2 vs 3-4-5 makes a bit of a difference. If 3-4-5 were up in the 8th, this would actually be the right decision for the wrong reason.

Community Moderator
The Marlins with Stanton and LoMo are more formidable than the lineup they had been putting out there prior to this week. That really showed tonight. Only the Marlins 11th win of the year against a team other than the Mets.

Archived