Brewer Fanatic

Dessens to Start Tuesday As Part of Nashville Rehab

Mass Haas

It's Elmer time. You know when he first went on the DL when Braun was called up I thought it was kind of a "fake" injury to make room for Ryan, but since he was on eit so long it must have been legit. Wonder what this will do to our bullpen when hes ready to be recalled.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

This move screams of getting Dessens a few starts in AAA to show scouts of other teams that he's healthy and available via trade.

Something tells me he never really was injured, and he was put on the DL until an opportunity presented itself to get him in the AAA rotation to boost his trade value. Having both Yo and most likely Parra up from AAA, as well as having Balfour knocking down the proverbial door has presented that option. Dessens probably went along with the move to the DL to keep collecting MLB salary, and knowing that he would be dealt to a team that would give him a chance to pitch in the majors again.

He would be an ideal addition to a team in firesale mode to plug into the rotation or bullpen as a stop-gap to get through the season. He's got major league experience, and will allow an organization to keep pre-arby prospects developing in the minors, rather than calling them up before roster expansions and eating up their service time during a "meaningless" season that their team is out of contention in.

Dessens' value is as a throw-in player at best, but he would be yet another chip that Melvin can use to get an impact player.

----------------

Ash was quoted as saying Dessens would spend most if not all of the 30 days allotted for rehab in Nashville.

They have to pay him anyway so I would assume he's just an insurance policy/AAA pitching coach who will work with the guys in Nashville.

They couldn't have delayed the rehab assignment for 2 more weeks? Then he could spend 30 days rehabbing and be called back when rosters expand in September. No roster move needed then.

They couldn't have delayed the rehab assignment for 2 more weeks? Then he could spend 30 days rehabbing and be called back when rosters expand in September. No roster move needed then.

The timing could also suggest that they're possibly interested in trading him for a low low low ceiling prospect (maybe even as a courtesy to him for going along with his 'injury') and want to show that he IS healthy.

I doubt many clubs want to face his salary unless we paid most of it. Maybe they are looking to drop TGJ again and bring him up when the rosters expand in September. If I understand the rules right, it won't count against his options?!?!

N/M - TGJ will be sent down I assume once Hall is back. Hmm..

KC is on the hook for part of Dessens' salary and Milwaukee is on the hook for part of Brady Clark's salary. I think the simplest way for relief would be for cash to be part of any transaction, but only the accountants would know for sure.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I'm pretty sure he was actually hurt, though I didn't believe it originally, either. He was supposedly unable to even make it through a simulated game a few weeks ago. Let's hope Melvin can trade him or he can eat some innings in September if needed.

Archived