Brewer Fanatic

2013-06-10 Brewers (Gallardo) at Marlins (Nolasco), 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-1; Gallardo 1,000th Career K]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]June 10 | 6:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (25-37) | Marlins (18-44)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/marlins.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/brewers/gallardo-12.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/marlins/nolasco-01.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]4-6, 5.25 ERA, 1.47 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Marlins | Game Log[/h3][h3]The box score did not show it, but Gallardo is coming off his best outing of the season. He'd allowed a run and three hits in six strong innings before a walk, a dribbler and a jam shot led to a five-run A's rally and a loss.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]3-6, 3.61 ERA, 1.13 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Nolasco has been snakebitten. In his last three starts, he is 0-1 with a 2.66 ERA. Nolasco pitched well enough to win at Philadelphia in his last outing. He allowed one hit entering the seventh, but took a no-decision.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. RF Norichika Aoki
  2. SS Jean Segura
  3. CF Carlos Gomez
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. C Jonathan Lucroy
  6. LF Logan Schafer
  7. 2B Rickie Weeks
  8. 1B Juan Francisco
  9. P Yovani Gallardo

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. LF Juan Pierre
  2. 3B Placido Polanco
  3. RF Giancarlo Stanton
  4. CF Marcell Ozuna
  5. 1B Logan Morrison
  6. 2B Derek Dietrich
  7. SS Adeiny Hechavarria
  8. C Rob Brantly
  9. P Ricky Nolasco

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

Community Moderator
The Brewers are in Miami and that means I'll be in attendance tonight. I'll be about 20 rows behind first base, those seats were only $12. I'll be with my Chinese friends who have never seen a baseball game before and don't know the rules. Should be interesting. Let me know if FSN-WI finds me :-)

No Braun, but does this mean he will pinch hit late in the game, and destroy the entire reason he is sitting in the first place? (resting his thumb)

Give the guy 2 or 3 full days off, no pinch hitting, for the love of God!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Just found this, looks like he will be pinch hitting... STUPID!

Ryan Braun (thumb) could be held out for all three games of the Brewers' series against the Marlins.

"We’ve talked about it," manager Ron Roenicke said about Braun possibly being held out for the series. "We’ll kind of see how it goes. There’s a chance that to get him right, we may have to do that." Braun will be available to pinch-hit Monday and the disabled list is not yet under consideration, but fantasy owners should be prepared to be without him for a few days.

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

release juan francisco right now. i have no tolerance for idiots that swing at garbage on a 3-1 count with the bases loaded. selfish bum.

No.

yes. it's been the same story with this guy everywhere he goes. selfish stubborn hitter. he's crap. someone from AAA can do a better job.

For people that think Brian and Bill never criticize the Brewers, that last comment after the Marlins manager came to talk to the ump was a perfect example to the contrary. "Good to make an appearance on the field once in awhile...just to let em know you're watching." "Next time you might get a call." IMO a clear jab at Roenicke. They know who signs their paychecks, but they have these sly comments frequently. Just listen to Brian next time Yuni swings away at the first pitch. Or Gomez falls over trying to send an 0-2 pitch into the seats (well...maybe not this year for that one).
I am not Shea Vucinich

Why is it bad to be selfish as a baseball player? Please explain.

because its wrong. i hate when braun and aramis hack away on bad pitches. i dont care how good a player is. hacking at a bad pitch is stupid. how many times have we seen braun swing away on 3-0 only to ground out? yeah i get that he's ryan braun and he deserves some slack but its still annoying. its completely unacceptable when a AAA quality player like juan francisco does it. if francisco doesn't swing at that high pitch it's a 3-1 count. the next pitch that nolasco threw would have been ball 4 if francisco hadn't swung at it. francisco would have walked and the brewers score another run. it might not comeback to haunt them because they're playing their marlins, but if it was a good team.....

yuni b is selfish. he constantly hacks away at garbage and refuses to run hard on grounders.

Why is it bad to be selfish as a baseball player? Please explain.

because its wrong. i hate when braun and aramis hack away on bad pitches. i dont care how good a player is. hacking at a bad pitch is stupid. how many times have we seen braun swing away on 3-0 only to ground out? yeah i get that he's ryan braun and he deserves some slack but its still annoying. its completely unacceptable when a AAA quality player like juan francisco does it. if francisco doesn't swing at that high pitch it's a 3-1 count. the next pitch that nolasco threw would have been ball 4 if francisco hadn't swung at it. francisco would have walked and the brewers score another run. it might not comeback to haunt them because they're playing their marlins, but if it was a good team.....

yuni b is selfish. he constantly hacks away at garbage and refuses to run hard on grounders.

I still don't see a problem here of a player being selfish. If the player gets a good hit on the ball that means they are selfish?

Your reference to yuni b is not what I would call selfish that is just being lazy. Being lazy is something completely different than being selfish.

How do you know that next pitch would have been a ball just because one pitch is thrown in a 2-2 count doesn't mean it would be thrown in a 3-1 count. The next pitch could have went right down the middle and he could have grounded out, popped out, lined out, flied out, struck out on the next pitch after that one, walked on the next pitch, hit a home run, hit a single, hit a double, hit a triple, reached on an error, etc.... Would that then be selfish? or is that ok now?

Last Brewers CG was April 5th 2011 (Gallardo). Will Gallardo go the distance tonight?

382 games without a complete game. WOW!

Bill just said that RRR does not believe in the complete game.

:ohwell

Is it time to start picking Weeks off the waiver wire in my 4 fantasy leagues?

He sure seems like he is beginning to figure some things out. Maybe Scooter getting called up gave him some renewed focus?

I think Uecker has lost patients with Francisco has well. Talking about how he chases bad low and away pitches over and over and over again. He did finally get the SF.

I don't know that taking a hack on a batter's count with 2 outs and the bases loaded is a bad thing though.

Loved what Carlos just said about playing in a platoon... He basically said that he is more relaxed at the plate when he knows he is playing every day.

It's really good to see Rickie Weeks playing some better baseball.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Last Brewers CG was April 5th 2011 (Gallardo). Will Gallardo go the distance tonight?

382 games without a complete game. WOW!

Bill just said that RRR does not believe in the complete game.

:ohwell

I don't really care about complete games. I'd rather have my starters go 7 innings every game of the year than have 10 complete games where the rest of the starters struggle to make it through 5. Extreme example obviously but complete games don't really mean much.

Community Moderator

Nice win. Could have easily doubled the run total though. Nice to see a great performance from Gallardo along with superb defense.

We managed to sneak down to about 10 rows behind the Marlins dugout by the 9th inning. That sarcastic cheer was really sad when the Marlins finally scored in the 9th.

Not very many Brewers fans this year, but it was a Monday night. That's enough of the Brewers on the road for me, looking forward to seeing some home games next month.

Archived