Brewer Fanatic

2013-06-09 Phillies (Pettibone) at Brewers (Lohse), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 9-1; Lohse 8 IP]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/phillies.png[/logo][game-info][h1]June 09 | 1:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Phillies (31-32) | Brewers (24-37)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/phillies/pettibone-01.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/brewers/lohse-09.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]3-1, 3.40 ERA, 1.43 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Pettibone bounced back nicely after struggling against the Red Sox on May 30. He allowed just one earned run in six innings in a 7-3 victory over the Marlins on Tuesday. The Phillies are 7-2 in Pettibone's starts.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]1-0, 2.01 ERA, 1.07 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Phillies | Game Log[/h3][h3]Lohse seems to be past the elbow issue that forced him to miss a turn in the rotation last month, but now there is worry about his lower half after he tweaked his left hamstring running the bases on Tuesday against the A's.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. 3B Michael Young
  2. CF Ben Revere
  3. SS Jimmy Rollins
  4. 1B Ryan Howard
  5. LF Domonic Brown
  6. 2B Kevin Frandsen
  7. RF Laynce Nix
  8. C Humberto Quintero
  9. RHP Jonathan Pettibone

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. RF Norichika Aoki
  2. SS Jean Segura
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. CF Carlos Gomez
  5. 3B Yuniesky Betancourt
  6. C Martin Maldonado
  7. 1B Juan Francisco
  8. 2B Scooter Gennett
  9. RHP Kyle Lohse

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

No word yet. Hopefully he didn't jack up his thumb worse. If that is the case I am going to be even more pissed at RRR for running him out there day after day with a bad digit.

Twitter, which never gets it wrong, is reporting it is indeed his thumb. So why the hell is he in there for two inning? Give him today, and the whole Marlins series off.

In the OP, why are Lohse's numbers listed as 1-0 2.01 ERA 1.07 WHIP? Should have been more like 1-6 4.39 ERA 1.31 WHIP, right?

I could be wrong, but could it be his numbers against the Phillies this year?

Someone needs to make a gif of Maldonado giving phantom high fives in the dugout. That was pretty funny. On a side not, not a big fan of Francisco. He looks like he doesn't even wanna be out there. He looked like someone kicked his dog when he got hbp today.

Someone needs to make a gif of Maldonado giving phantom high fives in the dugout. That was pretty funny. On a side not, not a big fan of Francisco. He looks like he doesn't even wanna be out there. He looked like someone kicked his dog when he got hbp today.

Only reason I can think of for getting him is if they were looking to trade aram. With hart coming back and Morris mashing they don't need a 1b...

The move didn't make much sense to me

Only reason I can think of for getting him is if they were looking to trade aram. With hart coming back and Morris mashing they don't need a 1b...

The move didn't make much sense to me

Hart hasn't even started a rehab assignment yet. You'd rather have Alex Gonzalez running out there every day playing 1B?

Braun's thumb is obviously bothering him badly. He's had one extra base hit in the last ten game, but ya, keep sticking him in there to "work through it". Genius, Ron.

Per ESPN:

"Spin: The thumb issue is one Braun's been dealing with on and off for a few weeks now, but he's been out of the lineup just once since May 13. Still, the ailment is reportedly forcing Braun, who hasn't homered in his last 65 plate appearances, to adjust his swing. Manager Ron Roenicke said prior to Sunday's game that he hopes the 29-year-old will avoid the DL, so consider Braun day-to-day for the time being."

Per Yahoo Sports: "Ryan Braun left Sunday's game in the third inning with right thumb soreness.

Advice: It comes after Brewers manager Ron Roenicke admitted before the game that he was concerned about Braun's nagging thumb issue. The skipper had indicated that Braun will continue to play through the ailment but receive some extra days off. However, you'e got to wonder if the disabled list is becoming increasingly likely."

He's having to adjust his swing because of the thumb.

Earth to Ron. Sit him.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

In the OP, why are Lohse's numbers listed as 1-0 2.01 ERA 1.07 WHIP? Should have been more like 1-6 4.39 ERA 1.31 WHIP, right?

I could be wrong, but could it be his numbers against the Phillies this year?

Nope, just an oversight of trying to get the thread up before I ran out of the door this morning.

I'm watching the replay now. Nice piece of hitting by Scooter to get that triple to right center. He can definitely motor. He's got pretty nice speed.

I'm trying to figure out who he reminds me of at the plate. Maybe Geoff Jenkins? Similar stances.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I'm watching the replay now. Nice piece of hitting by Scooter to get that triple to right center. He can definitely motor. He's got pretty nice speed.

I'm trying to figure out who he reminds me of at the plate. Maybe Geoff Jenkins? Similar stances.

I haven't seen anybody make this comparison, but he reminds me of Skip Schumaker.

Archived