Brewer Fanatic

2013-06-06 Phillies (Cloyd) at Brewers (Peralta), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-1]

I don't think Braun is slacking. He's showing the effort. He's just hurt. I don't know if you've ever played baseball. But having a thumb injury makes it very difficult to grip a bat, and every time you swing, whether or not you make contact, you're putting torque on it. That's why even giving him the day off, but pinch hitting him, basically is the same as if he played the entire game. Any swelling on the thumb will flare back up as soon as he swings the bat.

Yeah I forgot about Braun. I just assumed no one would include him in that group. So besides Braun, Segura, Gomez, and Henderson, everyone else is slacking. I'm not counting Rodriguez either. Management, poor starting pitching, and lack of leadership stand out. Does anyone get the feeling that Prince was the heart and soul of this team? Hell has Fielder leaving contributed to Weeks playing like crap? Weeks certainly hasn't been the same since Fielder left. I think injuries have taken their toll on Rickie, but maybe the Prince leaving has affected him as well. Weren't those 2 good friends?

I think its a combination of the team quitting on RRR, and a lack of leadership in the clubhouse. The team hasnt had the same swank about them since Prince left.

I think it's mainly a lack of quality starting pitching. Not sure how a different manager or "leadership" changes that.

[sarcasm]Leaders will tell the starters to pitch better. Duh.[/sarcasm]

By fighting them in the dugout.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

The team starting pitching has doomed this team, also the lack of quality hitting brauny being dinged up. The Brewers really just need to sit Braun for a week and let him try to get healthy. The Rotation don't see alot of hope at this moment.

The one thing that worries me is the Bullpen will be a diaster in another ,ont with this much work.

Archived