Brewer Fanatic

2013-06-06 Phillies (Cloyd) at Brewers (Peralta), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-1]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/phillies.png[/logo][game-info][h1]June 06 | 7:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Phillies (30-30) | Brewers (22-36)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/phillies/cloyd-02.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/brewers/peralta-12.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]1-2, 4.76 ERA, 1.50 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Cloyd bounced back after a bad start in Boston with a quality start Saturday in a loss to the Brewers. He allowed eight hits, two earned runs, one walk and struck out three in seven innings at Citizens Bank Park.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]4-6, 5.94 ERA, 1.68 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Phillies | Game Log[/h3][h3]Peralta is coming off a gem. When he threw his first pitch of the seventh inning on Saturday, Peralta became the first Brewers starter not named Marco Estrada to pitch past the sixth since Kyle Lohse 23 games earlier, on May 8.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. 3B Michael Young
  2. CF John Mayberry Jr.
  3. SS Jimmy Rollins
  4. 1B Ryan Howard
  5. LF Domonic Brown
  6. RF Delmon Young
  7. C Erik Kratz
  8. 2B Freddy Galvis
  9. RHP Tyler Cloyd

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. RF: Norichika Aoki
  2. SS Jean Segura
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. C Jonathan Lucroy
  6. CF Carlos Gomez
  7. 1B Juan Francisco
  8. 2B Scooter Gennett
  9. RHP Wily Peralta

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

Wow, that whole 24 hours Braun got to rest his thumb should sure pay dividends! :rolleyes
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

2-0 already? What happened?
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I've been watching the T-Rats, following the draft, and following this game on Gameday. Wily had the bases loaded in the 1st and he's not throwing many strikes, 34 pitches and only 19 strikes so far.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Braun is hitting a bunch of weak ground balls. Hitting 191 with no home runs the last 2 weeks....it's almost like his thumb hurts or something......maybe they should let it heal?

I've been saying the same thing for a week. RRR thinks if he gives him a day off, it will magically be all better.

Braun is hitting a bunch of weak ground balls. Hitting 191 with no home runs the last 2 weeks....it's almost like his thumb hurts or something......maybe they should let it heal?

[sarcasm]Hes just going through the motions now until he gets suspended[/sarcasm]

Formerly AirShuttle6104

Domonic Brown has some real tools. The Phillies were patient waiting for him to develop, and now it's paying off for them in a big way.

Does it seem to anybody else that this team has quit? Two hits off a guy with a 4.76 ERA coming in. Our entire starting pitching staff is awful, we're not hitting a lick.

Roenicke has lost this team. I wish that Mark A. would just make a move, and try to spark something, and at least give us something to look forward to for next year. Because outside of Segura and Gomez, there's no reason to watch this team play right now. None.

Cardinals about to go to 18 games over .500. Shelby Miller was a stud again, and the bats scored 12 runs to support him.

Does it seem to anybody else that this team has quit? Two hits off a guy with a 4.76 ERA coming in. Our entire starting pitching staff is awful, we're not hitting a lick.

Roenicke has lost this team. I wish that Mark A. would just make a move, and try to spark something, and at least give us something to look forward to for next year. Because outside of Segura and Gomez, there's no reason to watch this team play right now. None.

It's been my theory since the Cincinnati series. I'm telling there's just something not right with this team attitude wise. They are not the most talented team out there, but they aren't this bad. According to the standing the Brewers are slightly better than the Marlins. There's no way this team is that bad. I think the players are just as tired of RRR as the fans are. They're pulling a 2011 Red Sox on RRR. He needs to go. Besides Segura, Henderson, and Gomez, everyone is slacking. Sometimes players tank to get a manager fired. It wouldn't surprise if this team started to play well the moment RRR got canned. Talent wise this is a low 80's win team. Right they are playing like a team projected to lose 100 games. No freaking way this team is that bad.

I don't think Braun is slacking. He's showing the effort. He's just hurt. I don't know if you've ever played baseball. But having a thumb injury makes it very difficult to grip a bat, and every time you swing, whether or not you make contact, you're putting torque on it. That's why even giving him the day off, but pinch hitting him, basically is the same as if he played the entire game. Any swelling on the thumb will flare back up as soon as he swings the bat.

Well, we scored. Yay.

RRR did the same thing when he finally gave Rickie a day off. Why pinch hit a guy when he is given a day off because he can't hit to save his life? Just dumb. Now he is trying to ley Braun heal a little bit, then he pinch hits him? RRR is a goofus. The day he gets canned will be the best day of the season so far. Hopefully it comes sooner rather than later.

I played through a thumb injury in high school, and I will tell you this, you use your thumb for a lot more than you realize when you are healthy. It was tremendously painful, and drug on for a long time. (of course, after the season ended, I found out it was fractured, so there was that...lol)

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

22-37. Joy.

I think its a combination of the team quitting on RRR, and a lack of leadership in the clubhouse. The team hasnt had the same swank about them since Prince left.

I think it's mainly a lack of quality starting pitching. Not sure how a different manager or "leadership" changes that.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I think its a combination of the team quitting on RRR, and a lack of leadership in the clubhouse. The team hasnt had the same swank about them since Prince left.

I think it's mainly a lack of quality starting pitching. Not sure how a different manager or "leadership" changes that.

[sarcasm]Leaders will tell the starters to pitch better. Duh.[/sarcasm]

Archived