Brewer Fanatic

Re: 2013-06-04 Athletics (Griffin) at Brewers (Lohse), 7:10 PM CDT [Francisco & Gennett Starting; Brewers win, 4-3, 10 innings]

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looked like the pitchers were going right after Gennett. Kind of expected given how he hit in the minors. I thin he will do better given time but not a great start.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

For the record, people get off free all the time for giving info. Kind of how things work.

Sure. I'm aware of how the legal system works. I was pre law for three years before switching career paths to stock broker.

How often do you see people getting off for their testimony where the accused has previously won arbitration, though? If this were a criminal trial, double jeopardy would have attached, meaning that Braun couldn't be tried for the same "crime" twice. I know that's a bit of a stretch, but it sure seems to me that MLB is ticked off that Ryan Braun made them look foolish, and they'll do whatever is necessary, to "get" him.

There's no physical evidence to prove that he used. That's been tried, and basically dismissed. Their whole case now, based on what I've been reading, hinges on a few pieces of paper with Braun's name on it. And a plausible explanation as to why his name appeared has been provided by his defense team.

Do you think that Braun's lawyer lied about that?

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Nice job, Jean!!!!!! Two rbi triple!!!!
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Braun/PEDs are being discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=63&t=29509

I'm aware of that, thank you. You might have seen my name appear in that thread recently.

Does that prohibit us from talking about it here, too?

The MLB going to go with 100 games I hope Braun comes clean and tell his story. It has to final come to an end.

Agreed. And let's just leave this in the other thread for now. We should be talking about the game only here. That's my bad.

Those aren't my facts.....That was from Haudricourts article.

You are basically repeating Brauns argument.....He tested positive.....his argument was that the sample could have been tampered with....that doesn't mean it was....He basically accused the collector of tampering in his statement during spring training.....at least that is how I recall it.

I don't have the energy to go back through this again......

With appeals this will probably drag into next year....again.....what a joy.

Coming back to win this game would be a huge boost to the team.

The MLB going to go with 100 games I hope Braun comes clean and tell his story. It has to final come to an end.

Agreed. And let's just leave this in the other thread for now. We should be talking about the game only here. That's my bad.

Thanks, Stache.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Question now is, can our bullpen hold once again? They've got to be just exhausted after this last month. If I heard correctly, they pitched something like 100 innings last month.

Was at this game last night, great come from behind victory! Nice to see some clutch performances for once.

Oh, and did you guys know that Carlos Gomez is really fast?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Interesting stat fact from last night for a team in the cellar:

Betancourt Completes Big Comeback By Brewers

From Elias: Yuniesky Betancourt's 10th-inning walkoff single ended his streak of 23 consecutive hitless at-bats in Late-Inning Pressure Situations (seventh inning or later with score tied or team at bat trailing by up to three runs; or by four runs if there are two-or-more runners on base). Entering the day, that had been the longest current drought for any major-league player.

The Brewers defeated the Athletics on Tuesday, 4-3 in 10 innings, after they were down 3-0 in the eighth inning. The Brewers have now won two games this season in which they were trailing by at least three runs in the eighth inning or later and hadn't scored to that point; they also did that on April 14 against St. Louis. The only other season in which the Brewers had two wins like that was 1974.

about 6 hours ago | Elias Sports Bureau

I guess I still have the ability to assess each game in its own vacuum, because I enjoyed myself last night. Of course, with Mass Haas and his cousin in the house, how could we not? I'm really happy the Brewers put together a comeback for MH in particular. Dude only gets here like once a decade.

The Scooter-Juan right side of the infield seemed to hold up just fine in the field. I continue to be surprised by the Scooter buzz from the fans; maybe a nickname like Scooter is just that irresistible.

The hawing household is "up" to 6-9 on the season, but that beats 5-10.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived