Brewer Fanatic

Re: 2013-06-04 Athletics (Griffin) at Brewers (Lohse), 7:10 PM CDT [Francisco & Gennett Starting; Brewers win, 4-3, 10 innings]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/athletics.png[/logo][game-info][h1]June 04 | 7:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Athletics (35-24) | Brewers (21-35)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/athletics/griffin-01.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/brewers/lohse-08.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]5-4, 4.04 ERA, 1.19 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]A.J. Griffin cruised through five innings of one-hit ball against the Giants before faltering in the sixth. The right-hander was charged with the loss after getting spanked by San Francisco for four runs in the inning.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]1-6, 4.37 ERA, 1.32 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Athletics | Game Log[/h3][h3]Lohse returned to the rotation against the Twins after missing a start with pain in his elbow and allowed a season-high six runs and a career-high four home runs. He insisted that his arm was not the problem; location was.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. CF Coco Crisp
  2. C John Jaso
  3. LF Yoenis Cespedes
  4. SS Jed Lowrie
  5. 3B Josh Donaldson
  6. RF Josh Reddick
  7. 1B Brandon Moss
  8. 2B Eric Sogard
  9. P A.J. Griffin

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. RF Norichika Aoki
  2. SS Jean Segura
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. CF Carlos Gomez
  6. 1B Juan Francisco
  7. C Martin Maldonado
  8. 2B Scooter Gennett
  9. P Kyle Lohse

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well this is fun. you find a way to get excited for the game and they get scored on in the 1st inning. sometimes i wonder why i bother watching this team. they don't give a crap about playing well for the fans. every night they just go out and give minimal effort. i love my brewers but they are difficult to watch. it's like a disease that i can't get rid of.

Really wish I was getting psyched for the #17 pick this week.

The Lohse signing certainly isn't looking good thus far in 2013, even if he was pitching well I'd still be pissed about the draft pick and short term move in a season we didn't have a very good chance to contend in.

edit. Who am I kidding, I'd piss and moan about the short term move regardless.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

they don't give a crap about playing well for the fans. .

I'm sorry but do your really believe this? Playing bad baseball does not mean that they aren't trying to win games.

I don't want to, but I'm starting to. Maybe it's just the overall negative feeling about the team, but I just look at the body language of the players and they don't look interested. The pitchers are just there serving up meatballs. The hitters are swinging at a lot of junk. I don't know man, maybe I just forget what bad baseball looks like. We have had good teams for a few years now. I might have forgotten what it was like during the Ben Sheets days. I love watching Braun, Segura, Aoki, and Gomez play. Those four are the only ones that look like they are trying hard.

The preview with the post Lohse saying it wasn't his arm it was location.

Seeing 3 of those pitches, they broke fairly hard either away or in on the batter as I recall. I was actually impressed with the amount of movement I seen on them. I dont recall the MPH on the pitches. It's amazing to think of all those 6+ERA season Lohse had in his career. That the start, in Target Field of all places, is where he gives up 4HRs for the first time.

Does it seem to you guys, too, that we're always playing from behind?

I don't know why, but I have a good feeling about tonight, that we're going to score some runs.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I know it plays to the matchup to start Scooter against Griffin, but I find it funny that RRR decides to bench Weeks after his best game of the year with the bat after refusing to sit him all year.

Looking forward to watching this one.

I was thinking the same thing after seeing Rickie out of the lineup, don't really get why we are starting a journeyman at 1st who has never played the position. Is there a reason why they don't call Morris up? At least he has played the position before...

I don't know why, but I have a good feeling about tonight, that we're going to score some runs.

You're right in terms of I feel like First week of May. Before that the Brewers were cruising out to the leads in the first inning. I think the number back then was something like 45 runs scored in 1st to around 16.

Now though? Aoki/Segura take turns as being cooled off. Braun isn't Braun currently with that need to be on DL thumb. It's been 123 1st innings. Our starters cant keep the other team off the board in the 1st or 2nd combined.

Seems like it because they are. Always a crooked number on the scoreboard in the first couple innings for the bad guys lately.

Is the Doorman rocking a Henderson jersey? I knew he was a fan, but its so strange seeing him in anything other than Brewers gear.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Is the Doorman rocking a Henderson jersey? I knew he was a fan, but its so strange seeing him in anything other than Brewers gear.

He was in a gray A's (I'm assuming Henderson) jersey last night.

He was in a gray A's (I'm assuming Henderson) jersey last night.

I saw that too... I assumed it was a Fingers jersey or something Brewers related since he seems like the ultimate Crew diehard.

Archived