Brewer Fanatic

UPDATED--Baseball Prospectus Ballpark Event at Miller Park Saturday May 9th vs Cubs. Tickets on sale now! Link on reply #71.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This sounds interesting. The biggest hurdle to it being on a Sunday would likely be the bobblehead days. It is probably going to be difficult to find 30-50 seats in a section together, unless they still have availability of the HD Deck, ATI Club, or maybe Miller Lite Party Deck on those days. The only non-bobble Sundays left are:

July 21 vs. Marlins

August 18 vs. Reds

September 22 vs. Cardinals (last home game of the year)

Depending on how this shapes up, I may be interested.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I think it is most likely going to be a Saturday in August or September. BP's hope was to do Miller Park on a Saturday and US Cellular Field in Chicago on that Sunday. BP was busy with the draft and with the Brewers being busy because of the draft they didn't get anything done this past week. Hope to have some info this coming week.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Well, I have good news and bad news. The good news is that the Brewers would like to host one of these events at Miller Park. The bad news is it will most likely be next year in April or May. No dates left in the season on a Saturday or Sunday were able to mesh well with the Brewers and the BP peeps. With it already being June the only real chances were in August or September and it just didn't work out. Sorry all, but we can all look forward to one of these next season. Thanks for all the interest, we will get it done next year.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Well, I have good news and bad news. The good news is that the Brewers would like to host one of these events at Miller Park. The bad news is it will most likely be next year in April or May. No dates left in the season on a Saturday or Sunday were able to mesh well with the Brewers and the BP peeps. With it already being June the only real chances were in August or September and it just didn't work out. Sorry all, but we can all look forward to one of these next season. Thanks for all the interest, we will get it done next year.

No worries at all, BCF -- thank you again for putting in the work on this.

Since it's next year, there's just that much more time to guarantee you can hit 50 tickets sold.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Still early in the planning process, but the two dates that are closely being looked at per Joe at BP are Saturday May 10th or Sunday May 11th vs the Yankees for the event. In addition to the Q&A with BP staff and Brewers Front Office members and the game, a possible tailgate is being discussed. More details to follow. Spread the word.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Still early in the planning process, but the two dates that are closely being looked at per Joe at BP are Saturday May 10th or Sunday May 11th vs the Yankees for the event. In addition to the Q&A with BP staff and Brewers Front Office members and the game, a possible tailgate is being discussed. More details to follow. Spread the word.

Thanks for the update, I am really starting to get my hopes up that it happens. As it gets closer I will prepare myself for brutal honesty regarding the state of the farm system.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• 3 weeks later...
BP has now booked the event, it will be Friday May 9th vs the Yankees. All the details to follow at baseballprospectus.com in the near future. Spread the word ya'll!

Excellent news! Thank you for your efforts, BrewCrewForever!

Thanks TooLiveBrew, the sad thing is I have a wedding that I am standing up in that weekend so I won't even be able to enjoy it with everyone. But I am sure it will be great, hope to hear all about from everyone.

That... that isn't right.

Yeah it is unfortunate. BP tried to find a different weekend when I let them know that, but it got to a point where nothing else really worked and I told BP to just do what they had to do.

That is a bummer BCF, you obviously deserve all the credit for making the event happen. It is my wedding anniversary, and I have already begun preparation for full damage control mode.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just bought a pair, it is going to be a great event. Per a Mike Ferrin tweet, the tickets are selling fast.

According to Joe Hamrahi, they have had crowds between 50 and 250 (Texas) for these outings. They have also occasionally had to cancel them (Minneapolis last year), it will be interesting to see where the Milwaukee event ends up at in terms of numbers.

UPDATE: So I guess the event is doing well according to this Joe Hamrahi tweet:

Incredible turnout from #Brewers fans for the May 9th @baseballpro event. Sold more tix in 2 days than 3 complete park events last year!

Archived