Brewer Fanatic

Scooter Gennett gets called up to MLB

Invader3K

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like corresponding moves for the Francisco trade and Scooter coming up are Gonzalez outrighted (finally) and Fiers optioned.

Personally I'd like to see a hard platoon with Weeks and Scooter, but knowing RRR, Scooter will be riding the pine.

This is interesting. The Brewers now have 2 2B-only players and have Bianchi & Yuni as the backup SS/3B. Melvin's comments about Rickie on WSSP sure seem to indicate that he will still be the starter. Not sure I understand the move if Rickie is still starting 75% of the games. I will say this, I like our bench infinitely more today than I did yesterday. Francisco is a big power bat off the bench.

this is great news all around! Gonzalez sent packing, Scooter brought up! MIKEY LIKEY

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Well, it sure can't hurt!

I'm glad he is getting his shot, I just hope he gets a real shot, not riding the bench for the next 2 or 3 weeks, then sent back down.

Give the guy 2B full time for a while and see what happens.

At least this gives me another reason to tune in.

A pretty exciting day, Gonzalez is gone, Scooter is up, and we make a trade for a guy that has to be better than Gonzalez. Scooter can't be any worse than Weeks, so these are plus moves in my opinion.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I could see a .710 OPS or something if he's in a full platoon with Weeks. Nothing that's going to bring the Brewers back since Gennett is not a very good hitter but he'll do alright against righties. I do like that they are playing the modern platoon game.

I could see a .710 OPS or something if he's in a full platoon with Weeks. Nothing that's going to bring the Brewers back since Gennett is not a very good hitter but he'll do alright against righties. I do like that they are playing the modern platoon game.

Not a good hitter?

:indifferent

How so?

I don't get this move. Given our situation so far this season, I don't think Gennett is going to make enough of a difference playing instead of Bianchi for this move to be justified right now.

Not a good hitter?

How so?

He had a .740 OPS in the minors. That's around the land of Darwin Barney and Chris Getz.

If you want a "good" hitting 2B, you'll see .900 minors OPS. That's Kendrick, Altuve, etc.

With a decent amount of coverage at 2B between Weeks/Bianchi/Yuni/Sea Bass, Gennett went ice-cold in May (.634 OPS, .581 last 10 games) & gets a callup.

Awful offensive production at 1B from Yuni/Sea Bass, Corey Hart rehab news has gone silent, Hunter Morris puts up a May OPS north of 1.000 & is well on pace to establish a new personal-best in BBs for a second straight season, & doesn't get called up.

Got it.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

This is what is most likely. Platoon Scooter with Rickie. (Weeks has a .693 OPS vs LHP this year)

My guess is that the Brewers are showcasing Scooter for a trade? Does not make sense otherwise. Weeks needs to play to be worth anything to the team or a trade. Dont see the Brewers trading Weeks with his contract and current production.

Not a good hitter?

How so?

He had a .740 OPS in the minors. That's around the land of Darwin Barney and Chris Getz.

If you want a "good" hitting 2B, you'll see .900 minors OPS. That's Kendrick, Altuve, etc.

What is Rickie's OPS this year?

With a decent amount of coverage at 2B between Weeks/Bianchi/Yuni/Sea Bass, Gennett went ice-cold in May (.634 OPS, .581 last 10 games) & gets a callup.

Awful offensive production at 1B from Yuni/Sea Bass, Corey Hart rehab news has gone silent, Hunter Morris puts up a May OPS north of 1.000 & is well on pace to establish a new personal-best in BBs for a second straight season, & doesn't get called up.

Got it.

Don't even begin to try and figure out how these things occur. What you have said above in maddening, but it's how we do things.

Why does anyone care when Scooter's clock starts? I think he could make for a fine platoon option until we get a real long term solution, but I'm not going to worry about his arbitration clock.

Archived