Brewer Fanatic

Gee our old LaSalle ran great. . .RIP Jean Stapleton

JimH5

I hadn't heard this, but I knew exactly what this thread was going to be about when I saw the truncated title in the Last Post column on the main page.

Edith was a great character. She came off as scatterbrained and was somewhat naive, but the reality was that she was the wisest member of her family.

I always think of her when I encounter cling peaches in heavy syrup. :)

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I had no idea what the lyric to that song actually was until you posted it in the thread title. I thought it was some weird union slogan or something.

I remember watching the episode where there's a guy going around sexually assaulting old women and Edith gets attacked. As a tot, I distinctly remember thinking "Why would a young guy like that find an old woman like Edith attractive?" Definitely stuck with me and to this day I consider it one of the more bizarre episodes in sit com history.

She was a modern day Gracie Burns. RIP.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Edith got away from the rapist by shoving a cake in his face.

There was one episode where Jean played two parts, Edith and her German-accented doppelganger, Judith Klammerstadt. For playing Judith, Jean's name appeared in the credits as Giovanna Pucci, with Pucci being a play on her married name (Putch).

Judith first appears at the 7:15 point in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o8DsNdr6R0

Part two of the episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX6lc6-37p4

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived