Brewer Fanatic

2013-05-31 Brewers (Gallardo) at Phillies (Hamels), 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, yes really! Finish 6-22 May]

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So 5 up 5 down for Gonzalez on 14 pitches - he just got Howard and Brown on 6 - but here's a RH so we want Axford. It's like Montgomery Burns hitting Homer Simpson for Darryl Strawberry. "It's called playing the percentages. It's how smart managers win games."

Looks like Lucroy might be breaking out of his season long slumber. He'd been 9 for 28 the last 8 games (.321), and now he's 14 for 33 in the last 9.

Keep it up, Jonathan!

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Every time I hear K Rod is in the game, I can't believe it's real.

That is how I felt about Yuni at the beginning of the season...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Pen was indeed great tonight.....Gonzalez is really throwing the ball well as is KROD.

Good start for Helwig tonight in AAA. 7 strong...1 run 5 ks 2 walks....101 pitches....sat at 96-98 in the 7th. 11 ground outs

Hellweg's control has been absolutely horrible thus far. Entering the night he had like 38 K's and 37 walks. Tonight though, he struck out 7 and only walked 2. It's only one start, but if he can continue doing that, then he could have a future. He's got the raw stuff.

Get that WHIP down, John, and we'll talk. Good start, now do it again.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Hellweg's control has been absolutely horrible thus far. Entering the night he had like 38 K's and 37 walks. Tonight though, he struck out 7 and only walked 2. It's only one start, but if he can continue doing that, then he could have a future. He's got the raw stuff.

Get that WHIP down, John, and we'll talk. Good start, now do it again.

Minor correction -- Hellweg struck out 5 batters tonight. But his ERA over his last five starts has been 2.79 (1.50 if you toss out a 5 IP/5 ER performance). He's been very tough on hitters lately, & I think it's time he got a shot in the bigs.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived