Brewer Fanatic

Predict the Brewers June Record

jjkoestler

I will happily take the over on 11 wins. Loser donates $50 to a charity of the winner's choice. We chose ahead of time and the loser posts evidence that they made the donation.

Come on, first person willing to put their money where there mouth is can make $50 for their charity! I mean, it's obvious the Brewers will continue playing historically bad, right? ;)

0 wins

Man it's hard to watch right now. I mean I'm enjoying the games still but I have zero hope.

It's seems kinda bizarre to me that the lineup has a leadoff hitter with a .372 OBP, the next four hitters all have a .300 plus batting average, and a .900 plus OPS, yet consistently scoring runs is such a struggle.

I get why the pitching is bad, the talent in the rotation is poor. The offensive struggles though are a little harder to explain given the numbers of the top five hitters in the order, even though i get that Lucroy has struggled a lot, Weeks has hit more like a pitcher with an almost unfathomable .555 OPS, and Yuni reverted back to being Yuni.

Fangraphs take on that exact topic

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/when-stars-and-scrubs-doesnt-work/

0 wins

Man it's hard to watch right now. I mean I'm enjoying the games still but I have zero hope.

It's seems kinda bizarre to me that the lineup has a leadoff hitter with a .372 OBP, the next four hitters all have a .300 plus batting average, and a .900 plus OPS, yet consistently scoring runs is such a struggle.

I get why the pitching is bad, the talent in the rotation is poor. The offensive struggles though are a little harder to explain given the numbers of the top five hitters in the order, even though i get that Lucroy has struggled a lot, Weeks has hit more like a pitcher with an almost unfathomable .555 OPS, and Yuni reverted back to being Yuni.

I think Roenicke in June is going to finally get off the Weeks band-wagon and have him ride some pine which can only help the team. Narveson and Hart will be back, and RBI Rami will return with some clutch hitting. I'm guessing they will continue to struggle early and then turn it around in Cincinnati.

0-2 PHI

1-2 OAK

2-2 PHI

1-2 MIA

2-1 CIN

3-0 HOU

2-1 ATL

3-0 CHI

3-0 PIT

For: 17-10

Ever the Optimist...I really can't wait until I can start watching games again and feel like the Crew can compete.

I think Roenicke in June is going to finally get off the Weeks band-wagon and have him ride some pine which can only help the team.

Not to pick on you, but what is the basis for this belief. He rode a horrible Casey Mcgaheehaw the whole season in 2011 when he was a hacking mass god. If there's anything I have faith in RR it's that he will stick with a vet forever. Sure I expect more days off for weeks, but he won't be riding anything.

My prediction 14-13.

I think Roenicke in June is going to finally get off the Weeks band-wagon and have him ride some pine which can only help the team. Narveson and Hart will be back, and RBI Rami will return with some clutch hitting. I'm guessing they will continue to struggle early and then turn it around in Cincinnati.

0-2 PHI

1-2 OAK

2-2 PHI

1-2 MIA

2-1 CIN

3-0 HOU

2-1 ATL

3-0 CHI

3-0 PIT

For: 17-10

Ever the Optimist...I really can't wait until I can start watching games again and feel like the Crew can compete.

1-1Phi Check 1-1

0-3 Oak 1-2 +1W

3-1Phi 3-1 Check

2-1Mia 2-1 Check

0-3Cin 1-2 +1W

1-2Hou 1-2 Check

0-3ATl 2-1+2W

2-1Chi 1-2 -1W

1-2Pit

10-17

You fail to realize that this team's mojo means 1 of Hart/Narveson will suffer a setback in the rehab stints. ARam/Braun are either going on the DL to get healthy or will miss 10games combined alternating sit down games. The L in Lohse stands for Loss. Marco will be the bright spot this month. Peralta pitches 8ip vs either Houston/Miami and it helps turn him around. Gallardo....one can only hope. The pitching is just too bad to put this team at .500 or above for a month. I don't know why I put 3-1 vs Phi when they own us the last two seasons but I had to throw a nice stretch in there, combined with Mia 2-1 that's a 5-2 stretch!

Oak/Cin/Atl far outclass us in pitching and only a pitchers duel from our starters remotely give us a chance to win a game. Alas, no one on our staff knows what a duel is this year. 0-9. Anyone traded away by end of month?

I think Roenicke in June is going to finally get off the Weeks band-wagon and have him ride some pine which can only help the team.

Not to pick on you, but what is the basis for this belief. He rode a horrible Casey Mcgaheehaw the whole season in 2011 when he was a hacking mass god. If there's anything I have faith in RR it's that he will stick with a vet forever. Sure I expect more days off for weeks, but he won't be riding anything.

My prediction 14-13.

2011 was a team that could ride through McGehee's struggles. This team when in a hott seat, you have to show you're trying to win games but all involved suck. Weeks/Bianchi both struggle what's RRR to do? Yuni/AGonz struggle well...Melvin signed them. Lucroy/Maldonado? both struggling. That's 3 positions...3 bats in the order it doesn't matter who's in the lineup we're getting -WAR from them. But yes, Weeks will see days on the bench.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

At some point the bottom of the order has to start hitting.....right? I'll say it's in June.

20 - 7

Yeah, that's right. 20 wins. Suck it.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Just seen August's Schedule: 3vsWAS 4@SF 3@SEA 2@TEX 4vsCIN 3vsStL 3@CIN 3@PIT 2vsANA

Yikes! After a selloff trade deadline the crew may be in danger of actually setting the worst Calendar month in history! If we thought May was bad.

"Not to pick on you, but what is the basis for this belief. He rode a horrible Casey Mcgaheehaw the whole season in 2011 when he was a hacking mass god. If there's anything I have faith in RR it's that he will stick with a vet forever. Sure I expect more days off for weeks, but he won't be riding anything."

Your not picking on me at all so no worries about that. You are right, Ron has a history of beating dead horses when it comes to his vets , but with the Crews record as bad as it is, he has started to sit Ricky a lot more than I ever thought. I didn't mean benched for long periods, but I do think even Ron now see's with this pitching he needs every bat he can get. I suspect Weeks will continue to sit every other or third game until he starts hitting. which will only help. I would like to see a longer stretch so that Weeks doesn't think he's irreplaceable but every other is a good start.

Since the month is just starting I would like to amend my record from 17-10 to 20-7. The Phillies are just terrible, hopefully the Crew will "handle" them and build a little confidence. Hopefully this will be the turnaround month I've been promising myself for the last month.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm currently off 2wins. But correctly guessed Hart would have a setback in rehab. Guessed wrong on Narveson having the setback but Estrada having a setback instead is close. Also called the DL forthcoming of Braun/ARam seeing over 10games combined missed between the duo.

Archived