Brewer Fanatic

2013-05-28 Twins (Diamond) at Brewers (Figaro), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-5, 14 innings]

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just some really bad luck. The teams I've run into the last few weeks have just been a little better. Running into Miguel Cabrera hurt, he almost single handedly hit more home runs than my entire team. My pitchers have been lights out, but bot getting quality starts or wins. Point in case, Matt Harvey gave up one run tonight, but got no win. The Mets scored two runs in the ninth off of my closer, Mariano Rivera, who got the loss.

Hell, in one week I had two complete game one hit shutouts from Harvey and Miller, yet Harvey got another no decision. Cain has been awful, very hot and cold, and when Bumgarner has been good, he's gotten no run support.

I stuck with Matt Holliday too long, and only switched to Marte a few weeks ago. My guys have also been taking a lot of days off. Braun keeps missing days here and there, as does Tulowitzki.

I'm pretty confident I'll be good, I just need some consistency.

Yeah, I've got Miller and Harvey in both my Leagues. So I know all about those CG 1hitters. It's kinda maddening to see Miller with those 5.1/5.2 Starts and can't get that last out for a CG. Still, AVG/OB you have to be Killing in. Is any of them batting under .280?...Under .340OB? I have Tulo and it is frustrating especially when I work and the days he sits out I seem to not get to adjust my lineup accordingly.

I'll tell you what though. Votto,Braun,Wright,Tulo with Segura are helluva tough 5 to have to go against. Marte...I expected Segura's rise..not as high but in a lineup thread you seen my vote of confidence in him preseason. Marte I was scared off and he's exceeded lofty expectations. I sat here and thought great a Player who if I remember right hit a HR in his first AB maybe in the next game as well. That, that moment would leave an over-rated mark on my peers to draft him only to be stuck with mediocrity...One I was wrong on. :laughing

i dont know if the team has quit on RRR. it feels like some of the players aren't trying their hardest except for gomez, segura, and aoki. if refuse to believe that a team with an elite lineup and a decent bullpen is 19-31 bad. i know that the stats say the braun is having a good year, but it doesn't feel like it. he's come up empty often in clutch situations. twice he had the opportunity to end the game tonight. both of the at bats resulted in weak little grounders. there's a lot of bad mojo surrounding this team. everything from management to the clubhouse has bad mojo. this season isn't over but it feels over. it's like watching the titanic slowly sink again. fans will keep watching because they love the team. i feel like there's very little chance that the brewers turn this season around. the twins are a joke of team. the brewers just got swept at home by a triple a quality team. something is wrong.

3rd worst team in baseball. Is us. Unreal.

Hello again, 10 years ago.

Although we had a farm system back then.

Yeah 3rd worst is bad, but we're 3 games from being 11th worst. 2 wins in a row and we would likely move somewhere to 6-8th worst. So the 3rd worst is misleading.

Before we signed Lohse, I knew it could be bad and I said if it was let it be. I didn't want Lohse to be signed to be middle of the pack but nowhere close to Playoffs. You want a Farm System? A top 10 pick is required namely a top 5 pick.

Currently 3 games separate us from protected 1st rd. pick to un-protected pick. Though with Lohse signing having our pick protected doesn't matter because with payroll constraints there's no way of signing a Quality Offered Player this off-season to even lose the non-protected pick....Which is exactly more fuel to why I hate the signing.

Why do you need a top 5 pick to have a farm system? The Cardinals have got pitchers coming out of their ass and haven't had a top 5 pick in forever....

ST. LOUIS (AP) The St. Louis Cardinals ran out of arms and reasons not to promote their top pitching prospect. Michael Wacha, the popular choice to fill rotation holes all along, will start in his major league debut Thursday against the Kansas City Royals.

The Cardinals lead the majors with a 33-17 record, overcoming numerous injuries with minor-league call-ups. They filled rotation spots with less celebrated rookies John Gast and Tyler Lyons earlier in the season.

The 6-foot-6, 210-pound Wacha was the Cardinals' first-round draft pick and the 19th overall selection last year out of Texas A&M. He's 4-0 with a 2.05 ERA that leads the Pacific Coast League in nine starts for Triple-A Memphis, holding opponents to a .187 batting average in his first full pro season.

Yeah 3rd worst is bad, but we're 3 games from being 11th worst. 2 wins in a row and we would likely move somewhere to 6-8th worst. So the 3rd worst is misleading.

Before we signed Lohse, I knew it could be bad and I said if it was let it be. I didn't want Lohse to be signed to be middle of the pack but nowhere close to Playoffs. You want a Farm System? A top 10 pick is required namely a top 5 pick.

Currently 3 games separate us from protected 1st rd. pick to un-protected pick. Though with Lohse signing having our pick protected doesn't matter because with payroll constraints there's no way of signing a Quality Offered Player this off-season to even lose the non-protected pick....Which is exactly more fuel to why I hate the signing.

Performance wise I think Lohse has been worth it. However, I don't like the signing because it doesn't make sense for a team like the Brewers. The band-aid strategy is not going to work anymore. At this point the team needs as many draft picks as possible. I would have the left the team the way it was and kept the draft pick. The Brewers are heading for a championship-less season. The only the Lohse signing does is give St. Louis another draft pick.

Why do you need a top 5 pick to have a farm system? The Cardinals have got pitchers coming out of their ass and haven't had a top 5 pick in forever....

ST. LOUIS (AP) The St. Louis Cardinals ran out of arms and reasons not to promote their top pitching prospect. Michael Wacha, the popular choice to fill rotation holes all along, will start in his major league debut Thursday against the Kansas City Royals.

The Cardinals lead the majors with a 33-17 record, overcoming numerous injuries with minor-league call-ups. They filled rotation spots with less celebrated rookies John Gast and Tyler Lyons earlier in the season.

The 6-foot-6, 210-pound Wacha was the Cardinals' first-round draft pick and the 19th overall selection last year out of Texas A&M. He's 4-0 with a 2.05 ERA that leads the Pacific Coast League in nine starts for Triple-A Memphis, holding opponents to a .187 batting average in his first full pro season.

The Cardinals know how to get [stuff] done. The Cardinals have called up their best pitching prospects to go with a great pitching staff. It's annoying how they keep doing things right and the Brewers keep screwing up.

Note: Please don't use swearing on this forum, even if it is slightly edited. Thanks.

I'm not saying we need a top 5 pick. Top 10 for it to be Protected. But go ahead and look up the draft history of top 5 picks vs. picks 6-10. 11-15. Tell me about the success rate.

As long as we don't go out and sign another band aid this offseason, it doesn't matter whether we have a protected pick.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

What's frustrating is that with just an average pitching staff I feel like the team would be WAY better. I realize it's a bit rough with Betancourt and Gonzalez in there at 1B, but other than that I love our lineup and our bullpen. It's these horrible short starts that are killing us by having us play from behind ALL THE TIME

I have to ask again, why in the world do we start a RP?

Pull up a guy from the minors for one start, do something, anything, but why a RP?

Makes no sense.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Pull up a guy from the minors for one start, do something, anything, but why a RP?

Makes no sense.

Figaro started in 108 of his 129 MiLB appearances (including the past two seasons in Japan). He'd also made four MLB starts in previous seasons prior to last night's start.

I think at this point it's simply a case of 'why not?' when you consider giving Figaro a shot. Never a good sign for where your MLB team stands.

For whatever (imo misguided) reason(s), the club just doesn't seem interested in calling up Jimmy Nelson... who's really the only viable guy to start in the bigs from the minors at this point imo. Maybe Hellweg... maybe Pena, but both of those guys have walked so many batters that you can't necessarily trust their ERAs as indicators of probable MLB success.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Here are the pitchers on the 40 man who are not in MLB or on the DL.

Who would you have started from AAA?

70 Nick Bucci * R-R 6'2" 195 Jul 16, 1990

71 Johnny Hellweg * R-R 6'9" 205 Oct 29, 1988

67 Santo Manzanillo * R-R 6'2" 225 Dec 20, 1988

74 Michael Olmsted * R-R 6'6" 245 May 2, 1987

73 Ariel Pena * R-R 6'3" 240 May 20, 1989

68 Jesus Sanchez * R-R 5'11" 200 Sep 24, 1987

63 Tyler Thornburg * R-R 5'11" 190 Sep 29, 1988

Thornburg who pitched on the 27th? Hellweg who pitched on the 26th?

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

The Brewers currently have the 3rd worst record but no way they are the 3rd worst team in terms of actual talent. Not that it is a particularly exciting prospect but I would expect them to play around .500 going forward.

Makes no sense.

No magical difference between a starter or reliever. A good reliever is going to be better than a AAAA starter, which is what else was available.

Archived