Brewer Fanatic

2013-05-28 Twins (Diamond) at Brewers (Figaro), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-5, 14 innings]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/twins.png[/logo][game-info][h1]May 28 | 7:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Twins (20-28) | Brewers (19-30)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/twins/diamond-01.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/brewers/figaro-01.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]3-4, 4.96 ERA, 1.48 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Diamond left with a lead but was stuck with a no-decision after allowing three runs on nine hits and a walk over 5 2/3 innings against the Tigers on Thursday. It marked the third straight start the left-hander didn't go at least six innings.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]0-0, 3.46 ERA, 1.38 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Twins | Game Log[/h3][h3]Figaro will leave the Brewers' bullpen to make a spot start, replacing injured righty Hiram Burgos. Figaro was a starter in Japan the past two seasons and made four Major League starts for the Tigers in 2009-10.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. 3B Jamey Carroll
  2. 2B Brian Dozier
  3. C Joe Mauer
  4. LF Josh Willingham
  5. 1B Justin Morneau
  6. RF Ryan Doumit
  7. CF Aaron Hicks
  8. SS Pedro Florimon
  9. P Scott Diamond

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. RF Norichika Aoki
  2. SS Jean Segura
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. CF Carlos Gomez
  6. C Jonathan Lucroy
  7. 2B Rickie Weeks
  8. 1B Yuniesky Betancourt
  9. P Alfredo Figaro

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Classy of Gomez to tip his cap to Hicks for bringing a would-be HR back.

^ agreed, Gomez is a like-able guy, for sure.

Unrelated - Starting a Relief Pitcher when we have other options is just plain stupid.

This is frustration speaking, but I'm done with this crap...

EDIT - As Hicks just hits a HR.

DONE!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Come on! Diamond is a guy who's given up 9,8,9hits in his last 3 starts. He's not good. Looking like one of those games we're facing a weak pitcher who's "On" tonight. If he pitches in to the 7th inning wow, I'd begin to wonder if the team is losing it.

Some bored observations on the month inspired by the feeling that we've all seen this before:

The Brewers have played (not counting tonight) 220 innings of baseball this month. They have held the lead at the end of only 53 complete innings. 34 of those 53 complete inning leads came in a total of 4 games (all wins).

In their 19 losses to date, the Crew never lead at the end of a complete inning in 14 of the 19 losses.

Ok, hits by Segura and Braun, can somebody please drive them in??
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Following along on gameday as I listen to the T-Rats, at least Segura has 2 of Milwaukee's 3 hits. There's a positive.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

The worst month in team history for wins was 4 back in 1970, their first month in existence (if you don't count the one year as the Seattle Pilots, which I have not checked). It's May 28th, and we're knocking on infamy's door.

Atta boy, Aram! Two runs are home!!

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Following along on gameday as I listen to the T-Rats, at least Segura has 2 of Milwaukee's 3 hits. There's a positive.

We need about 4 more Jean Seguras. Hell, call up Dr. Evil, I'd even take Mini Jeans at this point.

Our starting pitcher lasted five innings! The Brewers scored three runs in one inning! The bullpen hasn't even had to come in yet and the game is still tied! Let the good times roll! It's like we've already won Brian!!!!

Archived